TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I don't understand why they let guys like that on air every time. Are there no other callers? I'd rather listen to new people each time, especially if the current caller seems to have minimal insight into the game just played.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Everything Rick Ralph says is just him setting himself up for a pun.

It's like the Superbowl Tide ads, where he's pattering and your paying attention and then, BOOM, it's a pun.

No feelings on it, just an observation.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Furby and Claude....:skeptic::huh::help:

all these callers think they are all-stars on the show! Get over yourselves you dopes...if you have a question or comment relevant to sports spit it out already! Jeez...nobody is interested in your schtick!

oh, and no Jim, nobody cares anymore about the fact the jets are facing a team that E Kane happens to be on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Nope, no other callers.
There isn't any other callers for 2 main reasons , 1 when you listen to these regular callers , the show sounds like a joke , i don't want to even be a part of that comedy shit show 2 Why would anyone want to talk to Kevin Oh i better laugh after everything i say because i'm hilarious . Just sad . :shakehead

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
There isn't any other callers for 2 main reasons , 1 when you listen to these regular callers , the show sounds like a joke , i don't want to even be a part of that comedy **** show 2 Why would anyone want to talk to Kevin Oh i better laugh after everything i say because i'm hilarious . Just sad . :shakehead

It's not just the laughing at his own hilarity - its the obnoxious intensity and duration of the laughter! He just laughs and laughs even while his guest is trying in vain to make a point. It's so f***ing annoying!

...and can we get over the knee to the head Helly took. Yeah, he got a knee to the head. But there's no need to spend half of every hour of air time discussing it and the whole concussion thing. Every guest has to be asked about it and give his thoughts on "what needs to change". Seriously, the concussion subject is beyond boring at this point...

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
It's not just the laughing at his own hilarity - its the obnoxious intensity and duration of the laughter! He just laughs and laughs even while his guest is trying in vain to make a point. It's so ****ing annoying!

...and can we get over the knee to the head Helly took. Yeah, he got a knee to the head. But there's no need to spend half of every hour of air time discussing it and the whole concussion thing. Every guest has to be asked about it and give his thoughts on "what needs to change". Seriously, the concussion subject is beyond boring at this point...
Totally agree. It’s like when in doubt, obsess over hits to the head/concussions. I really don’t care that much.

basplit

Jan 12, 2014
It's not just the laughing at his own hilarity - its the obnoxious intensity and duration of the laughter! He just laughs and laughs even while his guest is trying in vain to make a point. It's so ****ing annoying!

The interrupting and laughing is annoying AF--For the life of me I cant believe someone hasnt spoken to him about it.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The interrupting and laughing is annoying AF--For the life of me I cant believe someone hasnt spoken to him about it.
I'm gonna phone in and as soon as Kevin O starts laughing like a big goof , i'm gonna ask him if he has gas because that's the only thing that could make sense as to all the laughing . :naughty:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
This morning hey were talking about Tarasenko having a down season, and Westwood kept saying how his "underlaying" numbers were still good. It's UNDERLYING, Troy. ugh

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
This morning hey were talking about Tarasenko having a down season, and Westwood kept saying how his "underlaying" numbers were still good. It's UNDERLYING, Troy. ugh

Maybe Tarasenko is redoing his floors though.

underlayment-rubber.jpg

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
I had avoided 1290 for about 6 weeks and especially the call in portion but for some reason I hated myself today and subjected myself to it from 8:30 to 10:00. I found it had everything that made me avoid it. That call from Furby was just the icing on the cake. 10 minutes of my life gone. I'd rather listen to a My Pillow commercial. Seriously these callers make the Blue Jays post game callers on 590 in Toronto sound like rocket scientists.
Huge bonus points to Rewucki for pulling out and old Gary Lawless column being critical of Blake Wheeler to counter Toth's narrative on Liane.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I had avoided 1290 for about 6 weeks and especially the call in portion but for some reason I hated myself today and subjected myself to it from 8:30 to 10:00. I found it had everything that made me avoid it. That call from Furby was just the icing on the cake. 10 minutes of my life gone. I'd rather listen to a My Pillow commercial. Seriously these callers make the Blue Jays post game callers on 590 in Toronto sound like rocket scientists.
Huge bonus points to Rewucki for pulling out and old Gary Lawless column being critical of Blake Wheeler to counter Toth's narrative on Liane.
it was funny Toth trying to refute. guy's head was spinning.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
So I tuned into TSN Edmonton this morning for news on the Chiarelli firing. What I got was a canned interview from earlier. I guess TSN Edmonton has the same budget as Winnipeg

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Toth was insisting Edmonton should have drafted position of need with their top picks.

I agree they should have targetted their need, but you draft BPA or trade down, you don't take an 11 at 3.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: wgpsensfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad