TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Toth was insisting Edmonton should have drafted position of need with their top picks.

I agree they should have targetted their need, but you draft BPA or trade down, you don't take an 11 at 3.

:rolleyes:
You must have hated the Morrissey and Scheifele picks.

Reactions: wgpsensfan

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I don't mind Hustler but he spends way too much time talking about the NFL , and i'm a Broncos fan . But the biggest thing he needs to do is get help for his gambling addiction he obviously has with all the time he spends talking about that .:laugh:

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
I don't mind Hustler but he spends way too much time talking about the NFL , and i'm a Broncos fan . But the biggest thing he needs to do is get help for his gambling addiction he obviously has with all the time he spends talking about that .:laugh:
Yes. There is no need for extra coverage of the Chiefs, Royals, Flyers, or any other team that a Winnipeg radio host favours.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Toth was insisting Edmonton should have drafted position of need with their top picks.

I agree they should have targetted their need, but you draft BPA or trade down, you don't take an 11 at 3.

:rolleyes:

The Shark move it to trade back and load up on extra goodies.....There is always a partner :D

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

I love gambling talk, especially around the super bowl. And I don't ever gamble.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
lots of kvetching this morning about how to make the All Star things competitive...how to imbue them with some sort of actual excitement. The truth is, it's impossible. These are total fan service events. There will never be "real" competition involved because with competition comes the risk of real injury and why on earth would any of these players who are worth millions of dollars both to themselves and their franchises risk injury in a fake game that means absolutely nothing? I'm pretty sure every one of these players is told by their respective owners/organizations before they go on the ice or turf in an all-star game not to try very hard and to do nothing that risks injury. They should really just forego the "games" totally and come up with alternative forms of entertainment...more interesting all star skills competitions and so forth.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
lots of kvetching this morning about how to make the All Star things competitive...how to imbue them with some sort of actual excitement. The truth is, it's impossible. These are total fan service events. There will never be "real" competition involved because with competition comes the risk of real injury and why on earth would any of these players who are worth millions of dollars both to themselves and their franchises risk injury in a fake game that means absolutely nothing? I'm pretty sure every one of these players is told by their respective owners/organizations before they go on the ice or turf in an all-star game not to try very hard and to do nothing that risks injury. They should really just forego the "games" totally and come up with alternative forms of entertainment...more interesting all star skills competitions and so forth.

Baseball and basketball can have an all-star game that looks like the real thing because there is suppose to be no or minimal contact in those sports. But the problem is hockey is a contact sport that lends itself to injuries when it is played the way it should be. The NHL All-star game is no longer a "game" as hockey is defined so there is no way to make it appear as such.

Reactions: Jets 31

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Baseball and basketball can have an all-star game that looks like the real thing because there is suppose to be no or minimal contact in those sports. But the problem is hockey is a contact sport that lends itself to injuries when it is played the way it should be. The NHL All-star game is no longer a "game" as hockey is defined so there is no way to make it appear as such.

That's sort of true about Baseball and Basketball, although I'd doubt any of the players in those sports are making many desperate efforts to snare fly balls or drive the hoop aggressively. But yeah they can at least sort of manage to look something like a real game. I think the 3 v 3 format for the NHL AS game is a decent thing because it doesn't really even try and be a real game. You do get a bit of speed and some passing plays and such and it's fun to see the goalies occasionally make a nice save. But you'll never get anything approaching real passion in these things...

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
TSN 1290 needs to clean up the clumsy transition to their "Business of Sports Report".
Friday and now Monday the station has just cut away from an interview to play this pre-recorded bit.
It can't be that hard to time out their hour to line up properly.

I know this was at the end of their repeat 1 - 2pm hour but it still sounds like amateur hour.
If you weren't listening earlier you may want to hear the rest of the interview.

Oh well...

Plus who was the Wpg Free Press reporter on the Illegal Curve Saturday show? He listed top 6 winger as the Jets biggest need heading into the deadline. Why even talk to someone if that is their opinion?
How can he work in Wpg Sports, report on the Jets and think that is a need that should be prioritized and have big assets spent to add to? Sorry I know IC is it's own thing but they get played on 1290 so I figure... close enough.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
TSN 1290 needs to clean up the clumsy transition to their "Business of Sports Report".
Friday and now Monday the station has just cut away from an interview to play this pre-recorded bit.

It can if you're drunk. That also applies to the second part of your post.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
so Jim Toth said on air that Trouba's fiance's medical profession situation has changed according to his source? can anyone summarize what exactly he said if they heard it?

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
He just said the same stuff he was saying he'd heard from a "source" a year ago about how Trouba has decided he'd actually "like to stay in winnipeg." Jim Toth is full of shit. He says stuff. 99% of it is nonsense. He has no sources. Nobody who actually knows anything is telling it to Jim Toth. If he does have information from a "source," it's something he over heard in a conversation between other people while he was getting popcorn...

Trouba has always said he'd like to stay here. That isn't news. The problem is that he wants an extra big paycheck to stay here...which is actually the same thing as saying he "doesn't want to be here very much."

Reactions: Jets 31 and Ducky10

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
He just said the same stuff he was saying he'd heard from a "source" a year ago about how Trouba has decided he'd actually "like to stay in winnipeg." Jim Toth is full of ****. He says stuff. 99% of it is nonsense. He has no sources. Nobody who actually knows anything is telling it to Jim Toth. If he does have information from a "source," it's something he over heard in a conversation between other people while he was getting popcorn...

Trouba has always said he'd like to stay here. That isn't news. The problem is that he wants an extra big paycheck to stay here...which is actually the same thing as saying he "doesn't want to be here very much."

Yea i know he's been spewing the same stuff, but the whole gf/medical job thing was new, i think. I don't think the thought of Trouba purposefully pricing himself out of WPG has come across Jim Toth's mind.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Yea i know he's been spewing the same stuff, but the whole gf/medical job thing was new, i think. I don't think the thought of Trouba purposefully pricing himself out of WPG has come across Jim Toth's mind.

Toth just doesn't think that way. He doesn't put pieces together. Everything is just a surface veneer with him which he accepts as is - he doesn't bother going deeper than that. lol. If Trouba says he wants to be here, he wants to be here. That's how Toth rolls...

I actually think he was just blathering about the gf. A caller brought it up and all of a sudden Jim has info from a source regarding that too. :laugh:

Reactions: Jets 31 and DRW204

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018

I know this was at the end of their repeat 1 - 2pm hour but it still sounds like amateur hour.
If you weren't listening earlier you may want to hear the rest of the interview.

Oh well...

Plus who was the Wpg Free Press reporter on the Illegal Curve Saturday show? He listed top 6 winger as the Jets biggest need heading into the deadline. Why even talk to someone if that is their opinion?
How can he work in Wpg Sports, report on the Jets and think that is a need that should be prioritized and have big assets spent to add to? Sorry I know IC is it's own thing but they get played on 1290 so I figure... close enough.
I'm pretty sure that the IC guys are employed full time outside the industry. I would guess they more or less work for the press passes.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
"would I give up my first round pick to get somebody for a playoff run? Well it all depends who it is in my opinion..." - Jim Toth. Brilliant analysis.

Reactions: DRW204 and Jets 31

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Confirmed Paul Edmonds is NOT an HFBoardsJets lurker. This morning hey were talking about the 2015 TDL moves the Jets made, and he named Jiri Tlusty and said "who was the other guy, he has been all around the league", Toth or Riwicki immediately jumped in and said "STEMPNIAK"

No way you could read these boards and forget who Stempniak is :laugh:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
He just said the same stuff he was saying he'd heard from a "source" a year ago about how Trouba has decided he'd actually "like to stay in winnipeg." Jim Toth is full of ****. He says stuff. 99% of it is nonsense. He has no sources. Nobody who actually knows anything is telling it to Jim Toth. If he does have information from a "source," it's something he over heard in a conversation between other people while he was getting popcorn...

:laugh: Thanks for the giggle , Toth is a idiot .

Reactions: sipowicz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->