Prospect Info: #129 Arseny Gritsyuk RW

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Arseni Gritsyuk at eliteprospects.com

NHL.com has him listed as a right winger, but Eliteprospects have him as a left winger. I think he played LW at the U18s.

He looked good for Russia at the U18s, but otherwise I know nothing about him. Seems like that small, skilled forward that we have been taking so many of in late rounds lately.

Reactions: My3Sons

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Love this pick. Gritsyuk is a smart & hard-working player. I really love this pick.

Agreed (yawn) again with @thethinglonger -- Gritsyuk was #77 on my board, if I recall correctly. Just high, high-end offensive skills -- the skating, the vision, the shot. He's definitely the Bratt/Talvitie "could be a top 6 winger in the NHL" Devils 6th round pick, only Shero screwed up and accidentally took him in the 5th round.

Gritsyuk is a bit soft, that's his bugaboo. Not a guy who likes to get hit, and can have trouble fighting through checks. In open space, he's an absolute force -- the kid can fly and create offense like nobody's business. If he can add 20 pounds of muscle to his slight frame and develop a bit of snarl, Gritsyuk is an absolute steal here.

Figgie

Apr 24, 2018
Finland
Gritzyuk playing very well in MHL. He have played 5 games doing 3+4 and at least one point in every game. And if you look back to his preseason games so he have now 10 game point streak going on.

He is now playing in Omskie Yastreby which is farm team of KHL team Avangard Omsk. If Gritsyuk continue playing like this so he will probably get some KHL games this season and next season he could get a KHL contract.

He is looking now really good 5th round pick!

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Gritzyuk playing very well in MHL. He have played 5 games doing 3+4 and at least one point in every game. And if you look back to his preseason games so he have now 10 game point streak going on.

He is now playing in Omskie Yastreby which is farm team of KHL team Avangard Omsk. If Gritsyuk continue playing like this so he will probably get some KHL games this season and next season he could get a KHL contract.

Our euro scouts do a fantastic job with these late round kids.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

Holy cow, that is awesome! Hope he gets called up soon.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

thanks for letting us know! i really appreciate

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Anyone else get a chance to watch Russia versus the Czech Republic?

Tough to draw impressions from one game - particularly when the Czechs did a great job of smothering the Russians and then countering at opportune times - but hardly noticed Gritsyuk except when he was on the receiving end of some big hits.

Anyone else see more that I overlooked?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS

Tough to draw impressions from one game - particularly when the Czechs did a great job of smothering the Russians and then countering at opportune times - but hardly noticed Gritsyuk except when he was on the receiving end of some big hits.

Crafty puck moving forward. Will need to improve his shot and get faster to play middle 6 in the NHL. Great hockey sense though.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

He play well on VHL and MHL level. But he has no place in Avangard Omsk to play. He is young and has something to develop.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Re-watched Sweden-Russia and was really impressed with the subtle plays he makes as well as his awareness and willingness to engage opponents. His screen play behind the net on Russia's first goal went unnoticed by the announcers but set up the whole play.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
He had a secondary assist on the GWG in 9 and change minutes of icetime. He having a good tournament and looks to be a good gamble with the late round pick we used on him.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad