Prospect Info: #129 Arseny Gritsyuk RW

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
This guy's one of the few things I'm excited for in this organization. Fingers crossed he comes over and does well too

Reactions: glenwo2

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
We traded one pick down to Washington for two - and both of them seem encouraging (Gritsyuk and Mccarthy).
Shero got three picks out of the 2nd (55th) we got from Nashville for Boyle. We traded that to San Jose for the 82nd pick, used to draft Micheal Vukojevic, and the 91st pick, which we traded to the Caps for the 118th (McCarthy) & 129th (Grits) picks.

The Sharks drafted Dillon Hamaliuk at 55 and the Caps drafted Aliaksei Protas at 91.

The very big Hamaliuk has faded a bit as prospect but the even freakishly bigger Protas got some NHL games in this seasons.

Reactions: Hockey Sports Fan

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Gritsyuk and McCarthy were both outstanding picks. Under Shero, the Devils did a phenomenal job drafting in the mid-to-late rounds. It's really been the one big area Fitzgerald needs to improve upon.

Bratt Shara Schmid Maltsev etc. I’m not sure about McCarthy but hopefully what you see will translate to the pro game. Fitz was part of those drafts so I’m not sure what’s changed beyond looking for more “compete”. I’m not knocking that but Bratt competes and Gritsyuk looks to as well. Compete can take many forms.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
This feels like a free 1st round talent. Has he overtaken Amirov?
He is one year older.
But Shakir is on the advanced squad, Rodin is not.

Arseniy is a typical driver winger. Speed, shot, run and gun. Rodin is a smart two way player who could play a center with his style of game. But his style ask more from him and it takes from him more.

and if we talk about level of talent - Arseniy play on the level of the first rounder. He have results of the first rounder. It’s a win pick for Castron no matter how things will goin.
For now he is KHL leader in goals, points and ppg(u21 players of course). He scores 16 goals in 39 games, the next player scores 9 in 40.
I don’t think that Arseniy is another 1.0+ ppg NHL Russian player. But I think his ceiling is 50-60 points 20+ goals in NHL, if he will mature, work on his defensive game and gain some muscles.

Last edited:

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
He is one year older.
But Shakir is on the advanced squad, Rodin is not.

Arseniy is a typical driver winger. Speed, shot, run and gun. Rodin is a smart two way player who could play a center with his style of game. But his style ask more from him and it takes from him more.

and if we talk about level of talent - Arseniy play on the level of the first rounder. He have results of the first rounder. It’s a win pick for Castron no matter how things will goin.
For now he is KHL leader in goals, points and ppg(u21 players of course). He scores 16 goals in 39 games, the next player scores 9 in 40.
I don’t think that Arseniy is another 1.0+ ppg NHL Russian player. But I think his ceiling is 50-60 points 20+ goals in NHL, if he will mature, work on his defensive game and gain some muscles.
Thanks for the writeup! Any idea of when hell be coming to North America? Does he even want to? Have you read/heard about him coming over soon?

Reactions: My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Thanks for the writeup! Any idea of when hell be coming to North America? Does he even want to? Have you read/heard about him coming over soon?
I have a little talk with him in november 2020 about that and he was interest in.
He has actual contract with Avangard for this and next year. What will goes next after I don`t know. How his next season will goin, how much money KHL team will be ready to give him, what he will think about trajectory of his career, money and how Fitz and Grits talk will go.
If he will have another good season, I think it will be smart(and logic) to sign another 2 year extantion with KHL team for big money, and when the next 2 years extansion will end, he will be 23 yo and could start in NHL without AHL time.
I know everybody wants every player to play in AHL as soon as posible, but it is only one perspective of vision. AHL is a weak league. KHL have their own bad teams, but the level of competition and responsibility is on the another level. If Gritsyuk can play top-6 minutes(what he is already doing now) against top KHL teams andcan make impact\scores\learn how to play against top lines, he will develope more, than he will play against "De Leos with Foots and Clarks". AHL is good league for developing players who can`t\doesn`t deserve to play big minutes in adult leagues.
I can`t be sure Arseniy will be ready for top-6\9 NHL minutes after the next year. May be, may be not. I believe he wants some guarantee and must to make more to have them. For Devils perspective it looks like bring him in after next season is very reasonable - Tatar deal will end, Mercer still on ELC, defensemen signs, but I don`t think it is how russian players usually develop their career now. And I view this situation from a realistic perspective, not an ideal one. Whould be great, if he will score 30 goals in KHL next season, travel to USA after and play with Nico\Jack from the beggining. But what is the chance that everything will turn out so well and so soon.

Last edited:

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I have a little talk with him in november 2020 about that and he was interest in.
He has actual contract with Avangard for this and next year. What will goes next after I don`t know. How his next season will goin, how much money KHL team will be ready to give him, what he will think about trajectory of his career, money and how Fitz and Grits talk will go.
If he will have another good season, I think it will be smart(and logic) to sign another 2 year extantion with KHL team for big money, and when the next 2 years extansion will end, he will be 23 yo and could start in NHL without AHL time.
I know everybody wants every player to play in AHL as soon as posible, but it is only one perspective of vision. AHL is a weak league. KHL have their own bad teams, but the level of competition and responsibility is on the another level. If Gritsyuk can play top-6 minutes(what he is already doing now) against top KHL teams andcan make impact\scores\learn how to play against top lines, he will develope more, than he will play against "De Leos with Foots and Clarks". AHL is good league for developing players who can`t\doesn`t deserve to play big minutes in adult leagues.
I can`t be sure Arseniy will be ready for top-6\9 NHL minutes after the next year. May be, may be not. I believe he wants some guarantee and must to make more to have them. For Devils perspective it looks like bring him in after next season is very reasonable - Tatar deal will end, Mercer still on ELC, defensemen signs, but I don`t think it is how russian players usually develop their career now. And I view this situation from a realistic perspective, not an ideal one. Whould be great, if he will score 30 goals in KHL next season, travel to USA after and play with Nico\Jack from the beggining. But what is the chance that everything will turn out so well and so soon.
Thanks a lot! Just knowing he’s interested is a good sign.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

You actually spoke to him? If so that’s very cool. If you speak to him again tell him we all say hello and wish him well.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
You actually spoke to him? If so that’s very cool. If you speak to him again tell him we all say hello and wish him well.
I did tell him it in the last time. If I will have opportunity next time, I will remember every guy here who didn`t believe in him and I will ask him to not throw the pucks through the glass to them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad