Pre-Game Talk: 12/6 - Rangers vs. Red Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Our last 9 games, we thrashed Pittsburgh, lost to them extremely close in their own building, shut Philly out, absolutely slaughtered Montreal, shut Philly out again, and then thrashed them again. That's 6 excellent games with losses to one team in between.

Even if we take both outliers away and ignore the Philly games, those Pitt and Montreal games still look like the SCF team. We just have to figure out Tampa. We have 6 months to prepare, and more importantly 6 months to get there.

Pretty much this. Tampa has our number, we matchup pathetically to them. We have been a really really good team recently outside of those Tampa games though.

This may be the worst scheduling I've seen in a while though. I just don't get it. Why? There is no reason for this.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I'm biased? To what I'm a Rangers fan I want Hank to be great lol

He's been horrendous look at the numbers they dont lie 905 save percentage is absurd

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I'm biased? To what I'm a Rangers fan I want Hank to be great lol

He's been horrendous look at the numbers they dont lie 905 save percentage is absurd

.911 before last game. Numbers can be skewed with small sample sizes.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
911 is horrendous too my friend. For a superstar goalie it's down right embarrassing

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
Gotta admit Talbot has looked better lately but things can change. Lundqvist always picks up his game at some point. I would only play Talbot again after the Wings game if he plays exceptionally well otherwise it's an obvious move to put in Lundqvist vs the Pens.

As far as sitting Lundqvist and maybe splitting the games 50/50 that is possible but if you're paying the guy so much money at least make him work for it lol

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Gotta admit Talbot has looked better lately but things can change. Lundqvist always picks up his game at some point. I would only play Talbot again after the Wings game if he plays exceptionally well otherwise it's an obvious move to put in Lundqvist vs the Pens.

As far as sitting Lundqvist and maybe splitting the games 50/50 that is possible but if you're paying the guy so much money at least make him work for it lol

The flyers suck. Before his 2 shutouts, Cam was horrible. We live and die with Hank, I disagree about sitting him here. He knows he sucked and he's sat on it for 5 days, let him redeem himself. Last time Cam started 3 games in a row he imploded against an Evander Kaneless Jets. I wouldnt consider letting them split time for a second.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
The flyers suck. Before his 2 shutouts, Cam was horrible. We live and die with Hank, I disagree about sitting him here. He knows he sucked and he's sat on it for 5 days, let him redeem himself. Last time Cam started 3 games in a row he imploded against an Evander Kaneless Jets. I wouldnt consider letting them split time for a second.

Also I'm pretty sure Hank has said in the past that he fares better when he gets a lot of starts in a row because it lets him get in a groove (I don't have a source other than my - admittedly flawed - memory). If true - and it's certainly believable - that is just one of many reasons not to split time. Sitting him for extended stretches and giving him disjointed starts is probably not exactly how you let him get back to his game. One or two symbolic wake-up calls? Maybe. 50/50? No.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Brett Cyrgalis ‏@BrettCyrgalis 52s52 seconds ago
Lundqvist said he's sitting tomorrow for Talbot, in Detroit.

Don't know about this...Detroit is red hot. Gonna be a tough game, and I think Hank would make sure to put up a big performance after sitting on that stinker for almost a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest