Pre-Game Talk: 12/6 - Rangers vs. Red Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Bob Richards*

I'm sure we'll make up for down the road by playing 6 games in 12 hours.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think I will actually watch Liverpool more than the Rangers this month and Liverpool has a 38 game schedule :help:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
At least Henrik will be rested...

But seriously, hard to tell if this is good/bad for Team and Henrik. Sometimes its good to have a good rhythym of games so the team can get into a groove. Because clearly they havent found that consistency or full identity yet. Lots of days off could hurt them and have them become nonchalant by taking the foot off the pedal a little by not going after it every other day or so. On the other hand, Henrik played a LOT last year. Maybe the rest will help him sharpen up his game. There is also a strong core here with good veteran presence so I dont see the team losing their way.

To me it just means this team better give it everything they got for the full 60 when they do play

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think the days off will be good. It'll give AV time to focus this team mentally. I mean other than to Tampa, we haven't lost in what, a month? :laugh:

Yeah it's not good that we're losing to Tampa, but we're still early enough that you can focus on the positives. You go out Saturday and you make it 5 wins in a row. Then we worry about Tampa in May. That's not our focus right now.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I think the days off will be good. It'll give AV time to focus this team mentally. I mean other than to Tampa, we haven't lost in what, a month? :laugh:

Yeah it's not good that we're losing to Tampa, but we're still early enough that you can focus on the positives. You go out Saturday and you make it 5 wins in a row. Then we worry about Tampa in May. That's not our focus right now.

Agreed. We will be a different, better, more prepared, and a more established team in May

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Our last 9 games, we thrashed Pittsburgh, lost to them extremely close in their own building, shut Philly out, absolutely slaughtered Montreal, shut Philly out again, and then thrashed them again. That's 6 excellent games with losses to one team in between.

Even if we take both outliers away and ignore the Philly games, those Pitt and Montreal games still look like the SCF team. We just have to figure out Tampa. We have 6 months to prepare, and more importantly 6 months to get there.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Our last 9 games, we thrashed Pittsburgh, lost to them extremely close in their own building, shut Philly out, absolutely slaughtered Montreal, shut Philly out again, and then thrashed them again. That's 6 excellent games with losses to one team in between.

Even if we take both outliers away and ignore the Philly games, those Pitt and Montreal games still look like the SCF team. We just have to figure out Tampa. We have 6 months to prepare, and more importantly 6 months to get there.

Oh I completely agree MH. I'm not part of the panic crew. I have faith in this team and AV. I think he is one of the best coaches in the NHL. And I absolutely count the Philly wins because bottom line is if you dont win those games you arent a playoff team, or at the very least you arent the team everyone thought you were.

I was frustrated with the Tampa loss only because we had them where we wanted. We took a couple bad penalties and Henrik just did not perform well. In fact the game was similar to the one @ Tampa against them. I don't think we are far off in figuring out TBL.

But this team is moving in the right direction. We are close to 100% healthy and thats why we are starting to rattle off points

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Oh I completely agree MH. I'm not part of the panic crew. I have faith in this team and AV. I think he is one of the best coaches in the NHL. And I absolutely count the Philly wins because bottom line is if you dont win those games you arent a playoff team, or at the very least you arent the team everyone thought you were.

I was frustrated with the Tampa loss only because we had them where we wanted. We took a couple bad penalties and Henrik just did not perform well. In fact the game was similar to the one @ Tampa against them. I don't think we are far off in figuring out TBL.

But this team is moving in the right direction. We are close to 100% healthy and thats why we are starting to rattle off points

That's an excellent point. Over the years I remember the Rangers having lots of problems with the "easy" ones. But really good teams make bad teams look stupid, it's part of the job.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
That's an excellent point. Over the years I remember the Rangers having lots of problems with the "easy" ones. But really good teams make bad teams look stupid, it's part of the job.

When you grab the points that you are supposed to as the "better team" then a loss to Tampa Bay in December in April will not make or break you.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYRangers: For the first time since being diagnosed with the mumps a week ago, Tanner Glass is back on the ice today with his #NYR teammates”

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
“@NYRangers: For the first time since being diagnosed with the mumps a week ago, Tanner Glass is back on the ice today with his #NYR teammatesâ€

Incoming Miller scratch cause why not.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Even as someone who has been critical of Hank, I'm not sure I agree with this one. Hank knows he ****ed up, he's had 5 days off, let him have another crack.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Even as someone who has been critical of Hank, I'm not sure I agree with this one. Hank knows he ****ed up, he's had 5 days off, let him have another crack.

He let in one questionable goal, (4th one) the rest he was left out to dry/had no chance.

He called the team defense together at the end of practice and had a lengthy chat with them. The unit as a whole has to be much better. He knows it, and so does the coaching staff. AV wouldn't have called them out after the game if he didn't think so.

“@NYRangers: AV says @ctalbot33 starts in goal vs. Red Wings Sat "with 3 games in 13 days we need to get Cam a game in there, so this will work out" #NYR”

Talbot starting makes sense, with the Pens coming into MSG on Monday night.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'd love to know what was said in that meeting.

"Guys, I can't handle 20 shots. Lets get that down to like 10."

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Tanner Glass (mumps) skated on his own before the Rangers’ practice at 11 a.m. and will either skate on his own again on Friday or, perhaps, rejoin his teammates. He won’t, however, accompany the team to Detroit for Saturday’s game against the Red Wings.

“He’s got a face only a mother could love right now,†said coach Alain Vigneault, before adding in a stage whisper, “he looks like sh%#!*t.â€

GOAT quote is GOAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille