Pre-Game Talk: 12/6 - Rangers vs. Red Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
What were there 4 players in Anahiem that got the mumps? The incubation period is 2 weeks, so other Rangers could have it. Weird. All of the Rangers got booster vaccinations but they could have came in contact with the virus well before then. Hopefully it doesnt get anyone else and thats the end of it for the Rangers - and the league.

Virus vaccinations are made up of dead/weakened viruses, to stimulate your body to produce the necessary antibodies without actually being in danger. Sometimes, if your immune system is compromised, or you got a bad batch of vaccine, you can actually get sick from it. I would suspect that's what happened with Glass and possibly Boyle.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
When people use statistics like this it makes me nervous because it feels like it never happens in a consistent way. I'm not talking about you specifically, but it seems like people will talk about a stat until it doesn't agree with what's going on, and then they'll create a context around the stat with other statistics to justify it. And that's not necessarily wrong but at the very least it seems like people don't provide context the same way for every player. If you're building the stats around the narrative that way, then do they really tell you anything?

As with anything in life, the narrative can always be pushed towards your favor. I tried to do a good job showing both sides of the story and explaining my thinking though (and I know you said you're not talking about me specifically, just defending myself anyway :) )

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
It was in the corner, where the NYR shot twice. (If ur Bishop, to his left)

That is the exact section we were in. I wasn't directly behind Bishop but one section over. I think we were in row K seats 15-18. I was with my father and my sisters. I am wondering if you were the guy sitting behind me lol.

Will Lundqvist get the nod in this one?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'd give Lundqvist a chance after the time off, but if he's not really good I'd go back to Talbot Monday.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I'd give Lundqvist a chance after the time off, but if he's not really good I'd go back to Talbot Monday.

You have to go back to Hank after the long layoff. He's our clear #1, and gives us the best chance to win.

With that being said, they need to stick to the plan of getting Talbot 20-25 starts this season. Hank needs to have something left in the tank come playoff time. You can't keep starting Hank trying to get him out of this rut. Keep with the original plan and get him his rest along the way.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@PLeonardNYDN: Dan Boyle back skating with the Rangers today. Good sign that mumps tests had to have come back negative. Still no Tanner Glass (mumps)”

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
“@PLeonardNYDN: Dan Boyle back skating with the Rangers today. Good sign that mumps tests had to have come back negative. Still no Tanner Glass (mumps)â€

The fact that Boyle is back is a great sign. Feel bad for Glass. The mumps in name alone sounds like a miserable thing to go through.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@AGrossRecord: Based on today's practice, appears John Moore and Anthony Duclair are the extras.”

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
“@AGrossRecord: Based on today's practice, appears John Moore and Anthony Duclair are the extras.â€

Good and bad. Hunwick has earned a starting spot in the top 6. Duclair needs to play or go back to Jr's. I was ok with him sitting a game or two here or there but this is getting ridiculous.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
All of the players have one goal and that is the Stanley Cup. :sarcasm:

Its obvious the kid has talent. We are not doing him any favors by making him sit in the press box.

Nor are we doing any favors putting him on the 3rd line and letting him sit with one goal on the board either, it's no good for his confidence.

I love the kid, but he's either a top 6 NHL scorer, or he isn't. There's not much else he does. Right now, he isn't.

When does World Jr's camp start? He'll go there and after that, back to JR's. Makes no sense to send him to Jr's for a week or 2, then the worlds, then back to Jr's.

Makes sense to me.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@PLeonardNYDN: One of the Rangers played a joke on Dan Boyle and hung blue masks in everyone's lockers today. Staal wearing oneâ€

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Duclair needs to go back to juniors. He has 1 goal.

IMO we should keep him around until the WJC camp opens. December 16th.

This is a light schedule coming up, he should get a few games in.

The WJC can really change how kids play. Miller lit up the AHL after he came back from the WJC, and it earned him a lengthy call up to the Rangers.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
That is the exact section we were in. I wasn't directly behind Bishop but one section over. I think we were in row K seats 15-18. I was with my father and my sisters. I am wondering if you were the guy sitting behind me lol.

Will Lundqvist get the nod in this one?

HA... that's funny! I was in ROW R (7, 8 & 9) I think... wearing a Kreider home blue, a friend of mine had McD Stadium series on.

I think Hank does get the nod. After what? 6 days off. Hopefully he's sorting stuff out.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
...keep him around until the WJC camp opens. December 16th.

This is a light schedule coming up, he should get a few games in.

The WJC can really change how kids play. Miller lit up the AHL after he came back from the WJC, and it earned him a lengthy call up to the Rangers.

This. Huge part of the developmental process and would probably he a huge confidence booster for Duc.

Problematique

Apr 3, 2011
Australia
Our schedule has been beyond ***** so far ...

These ****ing 3-4 day breaks off between games where we're not even necessarily playing 3 in 4 days is ****ing pathetic. It's not like we played 20 games when all the other teams had only played 10 games earlier in the season either.

What ****ing gives?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
steve zipay ‏@stevezipay 7h7 hours ago
boyle's (broken hand, flu) best line: "i think the hockey gods are not happy i signed here;don't know if they're islander or detroit fans."

lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad