GDT: 12/31| GTFO 2013, Hello 2014!| Boston Bruins vs. Fish Sticks|7pm ET| NESN(HD),98.5 FM

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Ryan Spooner, Matt Fraser and Nick Johnson were attrocious tonight. The softest 3rd line in hockey right now.

Nothing wrong with Spooner's play last night, he did all he could. He's stuck with two guys who aren't NHL players, Julien should have moved Paille on to his line for a bit of support.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
glad I missed the game....watching the hobbit was certainly the better choice. The losses are no surprise....the injuries are starting to catch up with us.

Krug played so we all watched the Hobbit too :)

How was the Movie? I may go see it later today.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Timmy left the team saddled with a large cap hit without playing a single game for us last season.

Tuukka never did that.

What are the Bruins paying him again ? Oh at least he's playing and badly at the moment. Dont ask him that though.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Nothing wrong with Spooner's play last night, he did all he could. He's stuck with two guys who aren't NHL players, Julien should have moved Paille on to his line for a bit of support.

just finished watching the game, love the elements Spoons brings, watching him closely (on TV granted), defensively, counted 4 separate times he was waaaaaay outta position.

Young, he`ll learn, but this was not his best game....and he wasn`t alone.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
just finished watching the game, love the elements Spoons brings, watching him closely (on TV granted), defensively, counted 4 separate times he was waaaaaay outta position.

Young, he`ll learn, but this was not his best game....and he wasn`t alone.

It's also hard for him to shine with 2 other AHL-players who don't belong to the NHL at all.
We need Söderberg and Eriksson back.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It's also hard for him to shine with 2 other AHL-players who don't belong to the NHL at all.
We need Söderberg and Eriksson back.

Don`t need him to shine, and having AHL players on his wings has nothing to do with him over committing defensively, his wingers, if were being honest, were in the right places defensively

Offensively, obviously it would help to have higher skilled wingers with him, defensively is where I watch closest

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Last night was a terrible game. I won't make judgements on any player because we looked awful. Its best we forget it.

I do have to say though, Looch's terrible "boarding" call and ejection was absolutely atrocious. I'd like to hear an explanation for that.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Last night was a terrible game. I won't make judgements on any player because we looked awful. Its best we forget it.

I do have to say though, Looch's terrible "boarding" call and ejection was absolutely atrocious. I'd like to hear an explanation for that.

don`t hold your breath

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Glad I missed this one.

Seemed like an atrocious game from Rask and the PK.

Is it like the 3rd time this year we have blown a 2 goals lead? Something that usually never happen since Julien is here.

Strange that we seem to never be able to beat the Isles. And now that they have Vanek, we should just forfeit before the game...

At least the Habs and Pens also lost...

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Definitely. It's pretty out of character for him, you can tell he's feeling the pressure. He's gonna feel the biggest effect of our defensive injuries and is gonna take the biggest criticism if this team starts to slide.

This isn't out of character for him at all. I don't think I've ever seen him take any blame for anything. I've always been fine with what he has to say because he can usually back it up, but when some goals clearly were his fault like the last couple games, he just ends up sounding stupid.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Glad I missed this one.

Seemed like an atrocious game from Rask and the PK.

Is it like the 3rd time this year we have blown a 2 goals lead? Something that usually never happen since Julien is here.

Strange that we seem to never be able to beat the Isles. And now that they have Vanek, we should just forfeit before the game...

At least the Habs and Pens also lost...

Habs gave up a 3 goal lead....happens more than we care to admit/accept around the league, loads of teams jump out to those leads, take their foot off the pedal and boom...tied. One of the strangest things in sport when you establish that lead then stop doing all those things that gave you the lead

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This isn't out of character for him at all. I don't think I've ever seen him take any blame for anything. I've always been fine with what he has to say because he can usually back it up, but when some goals clearly were his fault like the last couple games, he just ends up sounding stupid.

I love his fire, love his hatred for losing, but I`m with you and others, it serves the team best when you stand behind your teammates regardless of how ya feel, and not toss them under the bus, especially when you (Tuukka) were a contributor to the problem

Maturity, he stills needs some, I know some with cringe but we watched Timmy let in one that was a teammates fault with a missed assignment and he just shut his yapp, moved on

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I happened to catch the game on a tiny TV at a party so I couldn't give it my best attention. From what I could tell, it seemed like it was a rough night for everybody. Probably best to put this behind us and just move on to the next one.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Habs gave up a 3 goal lead....happens more than we care to admit/accept around the league, loads of teams jump out to those leads, take their foot off the pedal and boom...tied. One of the strangest things in sport when you establish that lead then stop doing all those things that gave you the lead

Thing is ... the Habs blew a 3 goal lead coming into the third ... they surrendered 4 goals in 8 minutes and they responded to send the game to OT.
We didn't. We somehow never do.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I happened to catch the game on a tiny TV at a party so I couldn't give it my best attention. From what I could tell, it seemed like it was a rough night for everybody. Probably best to put this behind us and just move on to the next one.

This is what is best for all :nod:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I love his fire, love his hatred for losing, but I`m with you and others, it serves the team best when you stand behind your teammates regardless of how ya feel, and not toss them under the bus, especially when you (Tuukka) were a contributor to the problem
Maturity, he stills needs some, I know some with cringe but we watched Timmy let in one that was a teammates fault with a missed assignment and he just shut his yapp, moved on

I like Tuukka too but he was not so good last night either. I agree...You don't throw your team under the bus.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Thing is ... the Habs blew a 3 goal lead coming into the third ... they surrendered 4 goals in 8 minutes and they responded to send the game to OT.
We didn't. We somehow never do.

Never?? Sorry, I`ll disagree, this team has long been regarded as one of the toughest teams to play against in the 3rd period, and do they fall short at times?? Sure they do, so do most teams, it`s not the norm for most teams to fight their way back from a deficit.

The PK is one of the top in the league usually, and sucked last night, also not something we see often....I`m not concerned about that, how many PP`s were the Isles handed last night??? No team can find any continuity while being penalized that much in a game, healthy or not

I can`t watch this Bruins team, a walking M.A.S.H. unit and hammer them for not being able to play the way I expect them to when healthy.

You take any team, have them play with the AHL players the B`s have been forced to use, and I`ll wager, you`d see worse results than this team has managed with the band aids they have been forced to apply.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Not fair.

There have been plenty of times Tuukka has taken the blame.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

I've seen this attitude after wins as well. I remember in his first interview after the Pens series he said something along the lines of: "There was no question that it was a great series for me. We didn't play very well the last two games though."

Again, probably true to some degree, but why say it? We just swept the Pens so who cares, but it still seemed a bit weird to me. I guess it is nice to see a guy not going with canned answers in hockey interviews, but some of the stuff he says is just needless. I like the guy and love his game, but he comes across as a bit of a d-bag.

Right around the 9 minute mark:

Marc978

Dec 29, 2013
Bruins played poor last night. Bad defense bad offense and bad goaltending. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come with Seidenberg out. Bruins need to get healthy and Rask needs to step up. A few of those goals he could have saved. Also I noticed really bad Puck possession's just a poor effort and hopefully just an off night and not a sign of things to come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad