GDT: 12/31| GTFO 2013, Hello 2014!| Boston Bruins vs. Fish Sticks|7pm ET| NESN(HD),98.5 FM

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Never?? Sorry, I`ll disagree, this team has long been regarded as one of the toughest teams to play against in the 3rd period, and do they fall short at times?? Sure they do, so do most teams, it`s not the norm for most teams to fight their way back from a deficit.

I'm just sayin' ... if we blow a huge lead we never seem to respond afterwards. And last night I never felt that way. As soon as Tavares scored I knew this game was over.

The PK is one of the top in the league usually, and sucked last night, also not something we see often....I`m not concerned about that, how many PP`s were the Isles handed last night??? No team can find any continuity while being penalized that much in a game, healthy or not

Sure, but that was our own fault. And if you see how they convert on their PP's you should consider stop taking dumb penalties.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Giving up 4 PP goals will piss anyone off....but the Bruins were awful outside of Krejci & Patrice's line at times.

When your teams foundation is defense & you play like that, you should feel embarrassed. Having said that if we lose the next 3 out of 4 or 4 out of 5. The trade will happen before we play the Leafs.

I worry about the injuries now, Krug, Bart & Miller don't bring that physical element.

Just win the next 2 games at home & see what happens !!!

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Those two games against New Jersey and the Islanders just butchered our PK numbers.

Those 2 games: 7/15 = 46.7%
Other 38 games: 105/117 = 89.7%

Total: 112/132 = 84.8%

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
The PK is one of the top in the league usually, and sucked last night, also not something we see often...

I just looked around a little and couldn't seem to find it but I am curious what the team's PK% was when Kelly went down vs what it is now.

I wonder whether that degree of stats gathering is readily available somewhere?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Yeah I'm ready to flip the page on this one. Bring on 2014. :laugh:

Gotta get pissed off for the upcoming California road trip, hopefully these two losses at least do that. Gonna be some really tough games.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Just because I 1) know nothing about hockey and 2) am not in total homer panic mode over two losses in an eighty-two game season does not make me a troll. I presented what I honestly saw to a group of people who prefer to see it differently.

We go through this every year. This board, season-after-season, is filled with panic, fear, and resentment. Every season, the Bruins apparently need to trade more players than they do, and sign more players than they do, and mix up this line, and do this, and do that. Yet for as "horribly" as this team plays year-after-year, according to the board, they seem to do just fine, don't they?

It's not time to abandon the long-term future to get someone to fill in for Seidenberg, in my opinion. They need more games to get everything working, and that includes figuring out the Rask situation, as well as the return of some forwards.

I still think the collapse is overstated, too. The Islanders played well, and I know that's impossible for anyone else to see, probably because they understood hockey and I don't, but the Islanders played well to me.

Yup!

This wasn't the first time this year that the Islanders did this to us. The current team has trouble getting "up" for these "down" games. Seems like they feel they can walk through it and maybe flip a switch for 10 min or so to get a win.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Just because I 1) know nothing about hockey and 2) am not in total homer panic mode over two losses in an eighty-two game season does not make me a troll. I presented what I honestly saw to a group of people who prefer to see it differently.

We go through this every year. This board, season-after-season, is filled with panic, fear, and resentment. Every season, the Bruins apparently need to trade more players than they do, and sign more players than they do, and mix up this line, and do this, and do that. Yet for as "horribly" as this team plays year-after-year, according to the board, they seem to do just fine, don't they?

It's not time to abandon the long-term future to get someone to fill in for Seidenberg, in my opinion. They need more games to get everything working, and that includes figuring out the Rask situation, as well as the return of some forwards.

I still think the collapse is overstated, too. The Islanders played well, and I know that's impossible for anyone else to see, probably because they understood hockey and I don't, but the Islanders played well to me.

I agree. Crazy how this place is after a loss. Same old comments. Thank goodness the fans have no say in what Chiarelli and CJ do otherwise we would have been screwed long ago. I don't get how people don't understand any team in the NHL can beat any other team on any given night, best to worst.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
This isn't out of character for him at all. I don't think I've ever seen him take any blame for anything. I've always been fine with what he has to say because he can usually back it up, but when some goals clearly were his fault like the last couple games, he just ends up sounding stupid.

He has taken blame this year for multiple games, normally he is his own harshest critic. I think he might be slightly egotistical now with that contract of his (Ex; "I'm being paid 7 million every yer so I can say what I want" type of thing), but still I think he might need to learn a little bit of self control when it comes to saying stuff like this. We all know he can have a bit of an attitude and have a sense of sarcasm, but I wish in cases like this, he just didn't say anything at all.

AprilMayandJune

Feb 26, 2012
Giving up 4 PP goals will piss anyone off....but the Bruins were awful outside of Krejci & Patrice's line at times.

When your teams foundation is defense & you play like that, you should feel embarrassed. Having said that if we lose the next 3 out of 4 or 4 out of 5. The trade will happen before we play the Leafs.

I worry about the injuries now, Krug, Bart & Miller don't bring that physical element.

Just win the next 2 games at home & see what happens !!!

without our 2 best D for 1 1/2 of the last 2 games can certainly magnify what those 2 guys mean to the team. Chara seemed to be not so much a #1 after he took that puck up high and the there is much speculation he was pretty banged up previous to that. Part of the adventure that is the 82 game grind.

B's held up well through most of December with a depleted lineup and Providence did good filling holes for that. Hopefully we can get healthier and remain that way going into the second half.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

The Islanders played well...The B's played poor.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Regarding the Tuukka comments he must have been trolling that reporter. The post game video on the Bruins page has Tuukka saying

I couldn't stop the puck when it mattered or get those bounces and that's the result. It feels like everything is going in one way or another.

So that's a relief. The last thing this team needs with all these injuries is a goaltender who doesn't support them.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Why did we take our timeout when we went up 3-1 and then blow it instantly, I don't get it. Did NESN make a mistake and put the "Timeout" underneath the Bruins score by accident and it was the Isles that took the timeout?

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
With so much happening with our D personnel we're going to have hiccups. Seids and Z had been able to mask the mistakes made by the young guys. With Seids out the team is going to have to go through some adjustment. Z was not 100% last night, it was very obvious by his energy level. The team will be fine once the D and the PK tightens up again. I just hope that Krug gets back on track. He has looked shaky as of late.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 1m
Boston Bruins assign forward Nick Johnson to the Providence Bruins. Read release: http://bbru.in/KkAce3 ^BB

hopefully that's the last of him

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
Timmy left the team saddled with a large cap hit without playing a single game for us last season.

Tuukka never did that.

after the owner, globe and some of his team mates whized all over him on an issue that had nothing to do with stopping pucks in front of the net

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Why did we take our timeout when we went up 3-1 and then blow it instantly, I don't get it. Did NESN make a mistake and put the "Timeout" underneath the Bruins score by accident and it was the Isles that took the timeout?

They took the timeout because Spooner's line had been hemmed in the Bruins zone for more than a minute, and iced the puck. They were gassed, and you can't have a line of gassed kids on the ice for a defensive zone faceoff.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org

I hear you bud, we did get out played by the Isles and that happens on any given night in the NHL. It maybe just a couple of games so far but there's a hole without Dennis. I'm thinking about the grueling long grind, physicality of the playoffs.. That's why we have a Dennis Seidenberg! Not for his offense that's for sure but for his shot blocking, his defense, the physicality he brings and the know how. This man is made for the NHL playoffs.. Well we don't have him now and there's a hole! I'll keep me some Krug that's all I know..

Here is what the Boston Globe said about it in today's paper after last night's loss.http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/01/01/bruins-feel-dennis-seidenberg-absence-loss/3bKwXHVGngwNYJbxgZiqxH/story.html

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
I'm thinking the playoffs/Championships, not these losses in late December. Well without Dennis S these kids need to bring there A game or we need to get ourselves another physical/shot blocking D man.

Last edited:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
They took the timeout because Spooner's line had been hemmed in the Bruins zone for more than a minute, and iced the puck. They were gassed, and you can't have a line of gassed kids on the ice for a defensive zone faceoff.

Oh I see, thanks. Was distracted by friends and and I wasn't paying close attention and stuff so couldn't hear the game real well and we were all loud and... Being inebriated. :laugh:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
after the owner, globe and some of his team mates whized all over him on an issue that had nothing to do with stopping pucks in front of the net

Timmy got a really big ovation from all of his x teammates on the B's, coaches and staff when he was last here with Florida . He was in the press box because he was injured. ALL of the B's were standing and tapping their sticks with respect.

From where I sit Timmy got along well with the B's...even after the non-visit to the White House.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad