GDT: 12/31| GTFO 2013, Hello 2014!| Boston Bruins vs. Fish Sticks|7pm ET| NESN(HD),98.5 FM

Bruins 54

Nov 20, 2010
When Rask is outstanding it appears the Bruins have great depth.

When he's not, reality sets in. You are correct, those 3 forwards are useless.

Pretty much it ... we will live or die by Rask, when he stands on his head the team looks good, if he doesn't they look terrible.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I hope you are correct! Spooner is my man crush of 2013/14. Love the guy so much, he's got something special.

And lets forget this "If we traded Seguin" talk (not you). Seguin was a different ball game (mostly related to his cap/contract and positions available + team play style)

I'm also a fan of Spooner, liked him since his junior days in the OHL. When he gets proper line mates like say Soderberg and Erikkson it's going to be fun to watch. Feel sorry for him now being stuck with Fraser and Johnson.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Am i the only one who thinks Kelly is not "valueless" ? I think the Bruins are a better team with Kelly. Come playoff time Kelly,Campbell and Paille will be the best 4th line in the league. 2guys that can take draws, 3that can kill penalties, leaders, and all three can move up in the line up if need be.
Bruins won the cup with depth.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
I don't get this "overworked" thing about Rask. If he thinks he is overworked, then he should tell management.

Being ready to go to work about 70 to 85 days a year from October to May (hopefully June) sounds fine to me.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Am i the only one who thinks Kelly is not "valueless" ? I think the Bruins are a better team with Kelly. Come playoff time Kelly,Campbell and Paille will be the best 4th line in the league. 2guys that can take draws, 3that can kill penalties, leaders, and all three can move up in the line up if need be.

No. I'm with you 100% in that exact scenario.

Is he over paid. Yes. But that can be reviewed in the off season.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
While I usually enjoy Tuukka's salty attitude, his post game comment is lame. He wasn't the only reason we lost tonight but he was part of it. He played badly just like the rest of the team. There's no one else I'd rather have in the net for the B's but come on bud. Very weird for him to say that, he's usually really hard on himself. I still say he dipped into some New Years champagne ;)

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

Kelly does have value, he will be an elite 4th line player, good PK guy too. I just don't want him on that 3rd line, he will kill it offensive wise.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
While I usually enjoy Tuukka's salty attitude, his post game comment is lame. He wasn't the only reason we lost tonight but he was part of it. He played badly just like the rest of the team. There's no one else I'd rather have in the net for the B's but come on bud. Very weird for him to say that, he's usually really hard on himself. I still say he dipped into some New Years champagne ;)

What did he say?

Last edited:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

He stunk tonight, just own up to it. Sounds to me like he may be a bit mentally burned out. He is facing more pressure then usual due to the injuries and his comments sound like a guy frustrated with the defensive play around him.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I also think Tuukka may have been trolling the media some too. He knows when he didn't play well. I refuse to believe he's anywhere close to serious about what he said.

Perhaps.

But you just don't do it.
One because you will lose against the pen. Two because whether you meant it or not you will be a distraction when the bottom feeders use it against you and that's not fair to your teammates.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
He stunk tonight, just own up to it. Sounds to me like he may be a bit mentally burned out. He is facing more pressure then usual due to the injuries and his comments sound like a guy frustrated with the defensive play around him.

Definitely. It's pretty out of character for him, you can tell he's feeling the pressure. He's gonna feel the biggest effect of our defensive injuries and is gonna take the biggest criticism if this team starts to slide.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Definitely. It's pretty out of character for him, you can tell he's feeling the pressure. He's gonna feel the biggest effect of our defensive injuries and is gonna take the biggest criticism if this team starts to slide.

Actually,I think he's been defensive about his game before.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

Not at all. I completely agree with you. Given how Spooner has played, I really want to see Kelly slot in on the 4th line, when he comes back. I think where he will bring the most to the team. But anyone who says he's valueless is letting his deficiencies get in the way of seeing the things he brings.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Yeah he did. I guess he forgot he got pulled in Ottawa.....

A bit tall for him to say that considering that he should have had at least two of those goals. Honestly, I think Rask is becoming fatigued, which is causing him to be cantankerous/irritable. Sit him for the next 2 or 3 games, let him clear his head, rest, and chill out a bit. Bring Sveddy up for a game or two, and let Johnson start.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Just watched a video of Tuukka saying that comment. It was said in more of a rhetorical tone, seemed like Tuukka was either being sarcastic or was assuming that the reporter thought the game was his fault.
I think we all know that Tuukka can have a bit of an attitude, but I think he's gotta watch his mouth with comments like that. Watch him start Thursday, so he can "rebound".

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Maybe the softest bottom-6 in the league. I'm honestly not sure what Fraser and Johnson do. They make Caron look like a player. Islanders bottom-6 of callups and losers were hitting everything that moved and causing havoc. Caron, Johnson, and Fraser skated around aimlessly for 60 minutes. Typically I don't like blaming the league minimum part of the roster, but I'd like to see some shuffling around. At least try to find something that fits. Paille should be playing up a line IMO. Three AHL'ers on one line is a bit much.

I don't like Boychuk with Chara. Too much flatfootedness for one single pairing. Hope the return of Hamilton cleans that up.

I hope Krejci and Bergeron are lifers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad