GDT: 12/28/14 "Boothorelli" - Maple Leafs VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Like this?

2i2emt.jpg

We may have ruined the Lightning and Richard Panik's family reunion.

http://gfycat.com/LonelyAccurateGalapagosmockingbird

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
My best friend is a laughs fan so of course he was giving it to me after the 2nd period. I think that idiot Kyper had something to do with it, how him and Millard were pretty much saying thats game in the 2nd intermission.

Anyhow I said to him, haven't you heard of the comeback cats? To which he said no, and all I said was watch this.

Damn it was beautiful.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I dunno if it was mentioned on this thread yet, but there was a sign someone was holding behind the net that the Panthers shot twice at that said something like "Would Florida fans drive 2400 miles to watch their team play?". Can't completely remember what it said. I bring this up because it brings me joy that that person will drive 2400 miles back north with a big fat loss. :)

They're absolutely classless. Congratulations on supporting a team with no Cups since 1967. That loyalty has really paid off. :facepalm:

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
They're absolutely classless. Congratulations on supporting a team with no Cups since 1967. That loyalty has really paid off. :facepalm:

They're the worst. Not the whole fanbase of course, but the large group who think they are better than us just because they won a bunch of cups before any of them were even alive. I never took intense pride in the Blackhawks cup in 1961. I mean, I'm happy for the team and the history and all but that was 33 years before I was born. I can't personally connect with it like older generations do, and I definitely wouldn't use that as trash-talk ammo. I do take pride that the Panthers have been to a Cup Final in the last 20 years, something the Leafs can't say they did ;)

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I hate when people start complaining about fan bases, derails the game discussion. Leafs are an embarrassment, Panthers are an embarrassment. End story.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I was answering classesless tweets left and right. All from bitter Leafs fans makings smug comments. The majority were trying to spread ridiculously wrong information about attendence, relocation and leafs being superior because of their cup count. I love making them look bad and shooting down their false propaganda.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
I dunno if it was mentioned on this thread yet, but there was a sign someone was holding behind the net that the Panthers shot twice at that said something like "Would Florida fans drive 2400 miles to watch their team play?". Can't completely remember what it said. I bring this up because it brings me joy that that person will drive 2400 miles back north with a big fat loss. :)

Question is why would someone from in South Florida drive 2400 miles to Toronto? We know why they fly South :laugh:

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
I hate when people start complaining about fan bases, derails the game discussion. Leafs are an embarrassment, Panthers are an embarrassment. End story.

Panthers are an embarrassment?

Do you mean the fans or the team?

As a STH'er who has had full season seats for several years, and drives about 100 miles each way to games, I take offense. The fans that show up for every game are NOT an embarrassment but are true fans.

The team is NOT an embarrassment either. They are a hard working blue collar team that is fun to watch, whether or not they make the playoffs!

Erick*

As a STH'er who has had full season seats for several years, and drives about 100 miles each way to games, I take offense. The fans that show up for every game are NOT an embarrassment but are true fans.

The team is NOT an embarrassment either. They are a hard working blue collar team that is fun to watch, whether or not they make the playoffs!

Historically, the team has been an embarrassment.

This year, however, feels different. Hopefully it ends in a playoff berth at worst.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I think that 3rd period last night exemplifies the importance of defense generating offense. Great shots on net by kuli and mitchell.

It goes for the powerplay also. Im really getting tired of guys at the blueline cough Campbell cough skating around with the puck not taking shots and having no idea what to do with it.

This team still misses/needs a garrison.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Hell of a game, my wife gave up on them after the 2nd and I said, no, this team can come back. This is a different team this year like they were in 2011-2012, they do not give up.

Also, Mitchell just had to score after Kulikov did, as if to say...

Mitchell: "Sure you finally got a goal, Igor, but I'm still ahead of you. Pick up the pace!"
Kulikov: "But I have more points than you!"
Mitchell: "Doesn't matter, I have more goals!"

Sparkman112

Jul 22, 2013
Pembroke pines
Hell of a game, my wife gave up on them after the 2nd and I said, no, this team can come back. This is a different team this year like they were in 2011-2012, they do not give up.

Also, Mitchell just had to score after Kulikov did, as if to say...

Mitchell: "Sure you finally got a goal, Igor, but I'm still ahead of you. Pick up the pace!"
Kulikov: "But I have more points than you!"
Mitchell: "Doesn't matter, I have more goals!"

I thought of the same thing as soon as willie scored! lol.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Wish I would of saw that at the game last night, because that's exactly what I did!!! :laugh:

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Nice post by a moderator in response to a laffs fan saying we are one of the worst teams in the NHL

- Florida has 40 points verses Toronto's 43 points but have 3 games in hand on the Leafs.

- Florida has given up 86 GA while Toronto has surrendered 108 (+22 goals more).

- Florida is #19 in Shots against per game 29.9 while Toronto is #29 with 34.4 shots/g.

- Florida is #8 overall in CF% (On Ice Corsi) possession 52.8% while Toronto is #27 at 45.1%.

- Florida won 43 of 64 face-offs with Leafs Bozak 29.6%, Kadri 30.8%, Holland 42.8, Winnik 28.6% in FO%

- Luongo made 13 saves on 17 shots while Reimer made 28 on 34 shots against.

Which is the worst team? .. The stats suggest the best team won.

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
Too bad I missed this one. Working hard around the holidays. But glad to see us fight back and win. This had to be one of the best comebacks, if not the best, all year. This team is resilient and I love it. It starts with Vinny Viola, down to Gallant, and respectively the Captain, Willie Mitchell.

Every night I am never worried about goaltending. Even if Luongo has a bad night, lately we have been producing goals for him. He usually makes up for his mistakes as well. And the team is bonding very well. Emotions every night. It's great to see smiles on these Panthers! Win or lose this season, we are #oneunderthesun and still seeing RED!

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Was talking about the teams. People are getting way ahead of themselves.

Would never make fun of someone who drives 100 miles to watch the Panthers (maybe question your sanity though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad