GDT: 12/28/14 "Boothorelli" - Maple Leafs VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Boy, this team just showed us a playoff team type of effort. Good signs thus far. Keep 'em coming!

72053-Chris-Farley-Chippendale-dance-dvU3.gif

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
this was the beginning, it tripled by the time it got real fun..thanks soups and thecupneedsatan

IMG_4364.jpg

:clap: to AG!! I did my own celebration tonight against 4 of my closest friends who are die hard Leaf fans.

We won a game where Lu had one of his bad games. I admit I was a little worried being down 4-2 after 40 mins but then realized we are one the best 3rd period teams. Big win for the guys tonight, we should be able to carry this momentum into Tuesday.

The only thing I'm upset about is Barkov didn't get a point when we scored 6 goals. Leafs are my favourite team to beat and we did it in regulation as part of a comeback!!

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
:clap: to AG!! I did my own celebration tonight against 4 of my closest friends who are die hard Leaf fans.

We won a game where Lu had one of his bad games. I admit I was a little worried being down 4-2 after 40 mins but then realized we are one the best 3rd period teams. Big win for the guys tonight, we should be able to carry this momentum into Tuesday.

The only thing I'm upset about is Barkov didn't get a point when we scored 6 goals. Leafs are my favourite team to beat and we did it in regulation as part of a comeback!!

Thx!

I didn't notice barky much what did yall think of him tonight

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Barkov has just been bad offensively.. Defensively he is what he is. But I think he could use somebody on his wing to spark him.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Definitely not one of Barkov's best defensive games, but was fairly strong along the boards deep in the zone and in the corners. I have no doubt he'll be much better defensively next game. Hopefully he'll get it going offensively soon. He gained zone entry and his pass all the way along the boards to the other side of the ice and then went and screened Reimer, allowing for Boyes to tip in Kuli's shot.

Last edited:

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
My job has been keeping me very busy over the holidays. I haven't been able to watch these games live in a few weeks. I'm happy to see them winning regularly. These fans deserve it. I hope you all had great holidays and go panthers!

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Barkov was a huge factor on the winning goal. He takes it in the zone, gets in front of Reimer, and provided the screen. He wasn't good defensively but he has been much better offensively tonight, points or no points.

Catsfan7

Jun 6, 2011
Coral Springs, FL
We played very well, such a great atmosphere in the arena (even if it was mostly leaf fans). And at no point this game was I worried we weren't going to win, in fact I tweeted this at the 2nd intermission:

And of course you guys need a rat throw and salute!
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205848681445209&set=vb.1503065919&type=2&theater&notif_t=like

With like a minute left in the game I pulled it out and the Leaf fans next to me said that was the only reason that they were still there and "That's so cool, the only thing we throw on the ice in Toronto is our jerseys" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Erased

Jun 18, 2014
on that goal by huberdeau there was a play right before that where I thought the puck already went in for us. Did anyone watch the replay?

I think the shot you are talking about was the big paddle save on Huberdeau?. I'll have to look again in the morning.

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Woooo! Just watched the game on DVR.

I'm super happy these kind of wins are coming in front of large crowds at home. Games like this are exactly what will draw fans back for more and more!

Not only an excellent win, but a super important one as well! Go Panthers! :nod:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
This can't possibly be you. Who are you and what have you done with AaronEkbald?! :sarcasm:

Hey, I recognize when the team plays to their strengths and what we saw tonight was another sign that the "never say die" attitude is real in that locker room. Lot's of teams can say they have it, but doing and saying are different. I still think the lack of scoring is going to hurt us in the end but for now I love how how mentally tough we are, it's very soothing to know as a fan. The scoring problem can be fixed through a big acquisition. The fact that we were able to take on two of the conferences best "offenses" is awesome. Montreal is like another Leafs or Pens. All offense. The Rags are gonna be tough now that they found their swagger and Lundqvist always gives us problems. Huge test ahead and getting their W tonight is an awesome feeling.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I dunno if it was mentioned on this thread yet, but there was a sign someone was holding behind the net that the Panthers shot twice at that said something like "Would Florida fans drive 2400 miles to watch their team play?". Can't completely remember what it said. I bring this up because it brings me joy that that person will drive 2400 miles back north with a big fat loss. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad