GDT: 12/23/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Washington

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
We don't need to get rid of Sergachev as much as he needs to stop being such a putz. You and I overwhelmingly agree that his absence has cut down on mistakes. I think a better solution going forward is for Coop to keep a short leash.

He's been in the NHL since 2017-'18. He's played six full seasons + four deep playoff runs. 572 games in total as an NHL player. Sergachev is what he is. "Stop being such a putz", "cut down on mistakes", he's had time to figure out that part of his game. You can't reasonably expect to those flaws to go away at this point, they're embedded in his fabric. When he was a 3rd pairing D on this team, you could stomach it, and it was even better when he'd pop up for an out-of-nowhere 2-goal game in Game 5 of the Conference Final to be the difference in a low-scoring game. As an $8M player on an 8-year contract playing top-4 minutes, it's a completely different story.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I’m not ignoring it, but when he was “elite” he was locked in and saving everything, the long range ones weren’t a concern. If it seems like we are being hypercritical it is because we are, that’s the bar Vasy has set
And also his contract.

More than that, it killed us vs. Toronto last year, but they blatantly exploited it. Seeing red flags that it might not be cleaned up yet... look, we all want to believe Vasy is still a top tier goalie, but I dont see how anyone can realistically think there is no reason for concern. It just happens too much.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
And also his contract.

More than that, it killed us vs. Toronto last year, but they blatantly exploited it. Seeing red flags that it might not be cleaned up yet... look, we all want to believe Vasy is still a top tier goalie, but I dont see how anyone can realistically think there is no reason for concern. It just happens too much.

I think there's a difference between "having concerns" and making plays that aren't a problem out to be one because of an agenda.

Not to mention you're talking about 6...career...games. The guy is only 13 games into the season after having back surgery, is steadily increasing his SV% behind a dumpster fire defense, and people want to nit pick about red flags that likely don't matter because the East leaders will probably run a train on us no matter what because their rosters from top to bottom right now look about 2x better than ours....if we even make the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Master P

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think there's a difference between "having concerns" and making plays that aren't a problem out to be one because of an agenda.

Not to mention you're talking about 6...career...games. The guy is only 13 games into the season after having back surgery, is steadily increasing his SV% behind a dumpster fire defense, and people want to nit pick about red flags that likely don't matter because the East leaders will probably run a train on us no matter what because their rosters from top to bottom right now look about 2x better than ours....if we even make the playoffs.
it is very clearly not 6 career games. It was 6 that mattered, but it started before that.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
*shrug*

It takes a lot to actually bother me. It's the internet.
Its just easier to ignore the garbage on here then read their consistent shit takes every time the team loses.

Its legit made reading and posting on here better.

Can only read so many "Vassy is washed/trash" "Trade everyone, the team is shit" posts etc.... before it just becomes obnoxious.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
it is very clearly not 6 career games. It was 6 that mattered, but it started before that.

Ok, 6 that mattered vs how many others that mattered where he absolutely dominated to put it still in the vast minority sample size wise?

We should just agree to disagree. Because Vasy has built up so much credit that I refuse to glass half empty the guy. He has an eternity of good credit IMO, and I'm especially not going to start sending him to collections over what I'd consider a minor issue that we have no idea if another team besides Toronto will even try to exploit if its even still an issue if we even get to the playoffs.

Meuracas

Nov 2, 2013
Its just easier to ignore the garbage on here then read their consistent shit takes every time the team loses.

Its legit made reading and posting on here better.

Can only read so many "Vassy is washed/trash" "Trade everyone, the team is shit" posts etc.... before it just becomes obnoxious.
You know, you can just ignore the comments you disagree with without having the technology block them for you…besides, I thought that’s what we’re all here for, to discuss and debate all things Lightning?

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
8ah6lx.jpg

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Couldn't watch the game and sounds like it was a pretty boring one. At least we got the two points and we didn't let Ovechkin score.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
We lose this game if not for our unicorn netminder...Vas is the reason we have a shot at going far.

Quality goaltending isn't like it was since the 90s. Today's game if you find one, you pay him and keep him.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We lose this game if not for our unicorn netminder...Vas is the reason we have a shot at going far.

Quality goaltending isn't like it was since the 90s. Today's game if you find one, you pay him and keep him.
I disagree slightly. The goalies today are so valuable because they have gotten so much better. They don't have 5 other goalies in front of them anymore like they did in the 90's and their skill stands on their own. I'm not saying guys like Hasek, Roy and Brodeur were not great either. More like you just don't get to ridiculous shit like 1.80 GAA without shenangians

The dead puck era is a legitimate candidate for being the worst product professional sports has ever had

Last edited:
Reactions: Night Shift

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I disagree slightly. The goalies today are so valuable because they have gotten so much better. They don't have 5 other goalies in front of them anymore like they did in the 90's and their skill stands on their own. I'm not saying guys like Hasek, Roy and Brodeur were not great either. More like you just don't get to ridiculous shit like 1.80 GAA without shenangians

The dead puck era is a legitimate candidate for being the worst product professional sports has ever had

I get you. My point was a reference to another post a few days ago saying why spend 9.5 on goalie in today's game when you can get away with above average goaltending and have the cap space and roster spots open.

I'm just of the opposite opinion, if you have one of the best goalies, that is a strength (not a weakness).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad