GDT: 12/23/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Washington

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
They needed one of the big guns to make a play to win this game. Took them all the way to the shootout for that to happen, but Heddy got it done. 3 game win streak, 4 in their last 5 if you want. They don't need to all be great or exciting. The most important thing is just banking points

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Glad that we could get the 2 points tonight.

I hope everyone has a good holiday!!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Fallout 3 is free today on the Epic Games Store.

Capitals PA announcer Wes Johnson is a voice actor in the game. (Fawkes most prominently)

Richards still has the franchise record for 6 shootout goals (in 9 attempts) in a single season. IIrc he went as fast as he could. Whatever works
There's a thought that going as fast as possible, and as slow as possible, make it tough for the goalie to get his feet set.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
If Big-Daddio were commissioner for a day there would be an over and back rule in OT and shootouts have a 5 second shot clock. Just skating to a stop 15 feet out and waiting is stupid to be allowed.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
If Big-Daddio were commissioner for a day there would be an over and back rule in OT and shootouts have a 5 second shot clock. Just skating to a stop 15 feet out and waiting is stupid to be allowed.
It'll be interesting when the refs have the war room look at a possible shot clock violation in the SO.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Kind of a dead building tonight. That certainly helped keep things nice and boring to get us to OT.

I think that's kind of been the positive of having Fleury in the lineup, who played 21:48 this game. He's not skilled, he's limited in ability, and he knows it, and he stays within that. He's not going to attempt the passes he knows he cant make. He's not going to try to do too much, and so he doesn't put himself in trouble.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Kind of a dead building tonight. That certainly helped keep things nice and boring to get us to OT.

I think that's kind of been the positive of having Fleury in the lineup, who played 21:48 this game. He's not skilled, he's limited in ability, and he knows it, and he stays within that. He's not going to attempt the passes he knows he cant make. He's not going to try to do too much, and so he doesn't put himself in trouble.

Still, Haydn Fleury being our 2nd best D-man right now is a f***ing problem.

Reactions: OffBy1

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
What if instead of the shootout. They treat it like the all-star game accuracy contest?

Except you get to have your goalie in net and the shooter gets 10 seconds to shoot 4 pucks.

Winner with the most goals wins. If there is a tie after the first 2 shooters then you go to sudden death.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Good win. Weird seeing Washington, especially Ovechkin, not the threat it once was. Another win without Sergachev, too. I thought Vasy played very well. Team defense looked better but there was about a 5-10 minute lull where both teams looked ready to open gifts instead of winning the game.

Merry Christmas ladies and gentlemen!

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018

Agree. He’s been solid.

Never realized what a threat Jensen on the Caps is. Dude scared me.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
So the NHL banned being able to drag the puck backwards during a shootout because the theory behind a shootout attempt is that it's supposed to mimic a breakaway attempt in live play.

...but going 2mph is acceptable by comparison? LOL.
Didn't he go backwards on that attempt too?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
If I was a goalie I'd just charge out and try to smother it just to see what he would do considering he's probably not expecting it at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad