Y8HlQLi.png

OGwqxIS.png

zP6F2Jn.png

vEnZNLt.png

hef38Ow.png

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Wilson has been spending a LOT of time in the crease with the goalie the last few games he has played. One can only hope, should he try and play that game tonight, that he is quickly and effectively dealt with to discourage such actions later in the game and throughout the rest of the season.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

They keep offering The Athletic for a dollar, but the point of it is that there are fewer offensive threats for the Caps, so Ovi becomes easier to shut down.

The PP meta is also changing, with more movement, while the Caps have stayed static.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This is a lot like the Blues game. The boys need to figure out a way to win this one. Caps are not all that great but still okay. But it's a team they need to beat. And a lot of teams still have games in hand. But win tonight and the Bolts will have won 7 out of the last 10 and will at worst keep themselves in the thick of the race

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
And like the Blues, the Caps are a team we typically struggle with.
I think that's mostly true for pre 2018 playoffs. I don't think they've been particularly tough for us since?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Yeah I guess it's evened out a bit, but feels like every time we play them on the road in particular, the refs give them a bunch of BS power plays and we lose because of it.
Luckily Ovechkin sucks now and so does their power play.

Reactions: Hoek

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
Do the Caps have any players that haven’t scored this year? If I were a betting man.

Go Bolts!!!!

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hope JBB is taking calls on Sergachev in the meantime.
I'm like 10% hoping this is happening. I'm not down on Serg as much as it's like whenever he has one of those nights where he makes mistakes he knows better than to make, I feel like he peaked early and is in the 5th year of a sophomore slump in terms of making brain farts. I want him to stay but it's noticeable already in 2 games how many less mistakes are being made on defense.

Our forwards need to get better already in our zone

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
I'm like 10% hoping this is happening. I'm not down on Serg as much as it's like whenever he has one of those nights where he makes mistakes he knows better than to make, I feel like he peaked early and is in the 5th year of a sophomore slump in terms of making brain farts. I want him to stay but it's noticeable already in 2 games how many less mistakes are being made on defense.

Our forwards need to get better already in our zone
Yeah like last game without mistakes and 2 of goals on 2 on 1 and Vasy big saves. Mistakes were made with or without Sergy

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yeah like last game without mistakes and 2 of goals on 2 on 1 and Vasy big saves. Mistakes were made with or without Sergy
That's been on the forwards. Ace on one goal and Paul on another left our guys out to dry. With Serg it's more like not getting burned for a breakaway because he didn't anticipate a burst of speed despite already backchecking for 10 feet.

I'm mostly hard on him because he makes a lot of money.

Reactions: Peacefool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad