GDT: 12/19/17 - Florida Panthers at Arizona Coyotes

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Well that's the dream then.

1. Barroway sells a majority stake to facilitate a new arena in Scottsdale.
2. The Coyotes win the draft lottery and select Rasmus Dahlin.
3. Alex Goligoski and Lawson Crouse are traded to Florida for Keith Yandle.
4. Oliver Ekman-Larsson is traded to Edmonton for Leon Draisaitl.
5. Keith Yandle is named the fourth captain in Arizona history.
6. John MacLean is fired and is replaced by Howler.

I wouldn't be surprised if Duclair and Strome are moved in this scenario too, and I'd rather have a couple of worthwhile vets on the bottom line over guys like Bunting, but let me play out this scenario.

Domi - Draisaitl - Keller
Perlini - Stepan (A) - Duclair
Strome - Dvorak - Fischer
Bunting - Cousins - Martinook

Yandle (C) - Hammer (A)
Chychrun - Dahlin
Capobianco - Demers

Raanta - Wedgewood

7. Tyson Nash is fired and is replaced by Ilya Bryzgalov.

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
And Bux7phx... I feel like that's one of the problems with this team. Every player just wants to do enough. Just the necessary to get by and not go overboard. This team could use a bit more of players going above and beyond sometimes. When you're a historically bad team, you need at least something besides the status quo that got you there. Hell, even if they still lose... it's at least entertaining watching a ship crash and burn vs slowly sink to the bottom of the ocean without a peep.

I feel like this is a coaching issue. They're afraid to go off-track and get either scratched or sent down for their mistakes. It makes sense to me because we're such a young team.

The worst part is all the vets are safe from this apparently. There have been times where every single player on this team needed to sit out. Especially the vets. For some reason RT is afraid to do this because he feels like they're his best chance at winning. We really need to start ignoring our record and focus on developing the players. It starts with holding people accountable, including the vets.

Scratching a player like Domi, Stepan, Goligoski or OEL would have an impact on the whole team and not just the player scratched.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I feel like this is a coaching issue. They're afraid to go off-track and get either scratched or sent down for their mistakes. It makes sense to me because we're such a young team.

The worst part is all the vets are safe from this apparently. There have been times where every single player on this team needed to sit out. Especially the vets. For some reason RT is afraid to do this because he feels like they're his best chance at winning. We really need to start ignoring our record and focus on developing the players. It starts with holding people accountable, including the vets.

Scratching a player like Domi, Stepan, Goligoski or OEL would have an impact on the whole team and not just the player scratched.

I agree. I think a scratch like that has been needed for a bit. Something besides the usual whole "sit Duclair or Cousins" routine that doesn't work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad