GDT: 12/19/17 - Florida Panthers at Arizona Coyotes

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
When he said "I can name 15 games where we had the game in hand and somehow the other team found a way to win it because we found a way to lose it" he was right on the money. As far as "weeding some people out", I mean, who? Which player isn't part of the problem? Which coach? Which manager? Is Tucson still good? Do we fire Chayka and Tocchet and promote Sullivan and Van Ryn? What can possibly be done? This is the most hopeless the team has ever been. There is just no hope at all.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Last two missing items before having lived through the whole FAN LOSER EXPERIENCE package:

- uncontainable plague spreading within the roster
- relocation

Nearly there ladies & gents

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Last two missing items before having lived through the whole FAN LOSER EXPERIENCE package:

- uncontainable plague spreading within the roster
- relocation

Nearly there ladies & gents

I consider our ineptitude on the ice to be a pretty minor factor of potential relocation. Teams can be nominally "good" but relocate anyway. Off-ice financials are sometimes not related to the team's on-ice success, as much as we like to think that winning games puts butts in seats. It's a factor, but just one of many. Our most successful season as an NHL franchise ever, the finances were pretty bad because we had been bankrupt and at the time were owned by the league. On the opposite side of the coin, when this franchise was the Winnipeg Jets, there was at least moderate success (albeit largely as a WHA team). The final 1995-96 season in Winnipeg wasn't exactly poorly attended by fans.

I was going to try to make a bigger point than this, but I forgot in the middle of typing that, so I'll give up now.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
He's been embarrassed for the fans damn near every game. Stop being embarrassed for us win a damn game damn it. Yeah the weed some people out screams panic trade. Hopefully we don't get screwed.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Absolutely ****ing disgraceful result given the first 39 minutes. Clearly we weren't STICKY enough, eh Rick?

All RT talks about is sticky, sticky and more sticky. How about score, score and more score. Chayka makes a deal for a player because he is a fast skater. Well, I'm tired of watching the Korpikoski's, Rieder's, Rinaldo's and Kempe's of the world. I want someone who has hockey IQ that can think quick and actually score.

Reactions: Yandover

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Poor coaching.

I still say it's the players more than coaching, but RT doesn't get off scott free either. Look at the goals against last night. Poor decisions by vets. Every goal against was the direct result of a seasoned vet screwing up, the last goal three vets. RT has not held the vets accountable for their play all season long. Maybe try sitting a couple of high profile vet Dmen and give some kids a shot by playing them 20 min. a night. This season is shot, so lets evaluate the kids. I just hope they don't trade a kid for some over the hill vet.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
When he said "I can name 15 games where we had the game in hand and somehow the other team found a way to win it because we found a way to lose it" he was right on the money. As far as "weeding some people out", I mean, who? Which player isn't part of the problem? Which coach? Which manager? Is Tucson still good? Do we fire Chayka and Tocchet and promote Sullivan and Van Ryn? What can possibly be done? This is the most hopeless the team has ever been. There is just no hope at all.

It's what you and others wanted.:nod: Like Cobra said, "be careful for what you wish for". This has been the worst case scenario, and it all started with AB in the off season with his decisions and the way he handled everything. I'am at a loss for words. This year was year three of our rebuild and we found a way to f--- it up big time. This should have been the turning point of the rebuild, but no, ownership and management had to find a way to screw it up.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I still say it's the players more than coaching, but RT doesn't get off scott free either.

Many variables of course, but when the bulk of your team is massively under-performing the coach needs to take some blame. Now I see why the Duke is benched. :sarcasm:

2gxfnmw.png

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
After I saw Stome got sent down, Duclair scrated and the epic trade for another 4th liner, I couldn't get motivated to watch this one. The only thing this organization is consistently good at is crushing our hopes.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
There was probably 15 defensive breakdowns in the 3rd period alone, last night. But Demers' complete cluster on the 3rd Florida goal was easily the worst.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Lol at Tocchet saying he's embarrassed. Oh yea? What are you going to do about it? Nothing.

Scratch Duclair again and make stupid roster decisions... good job. You wanna weed people out that are costing us games? I'll give you a start of a list, Tocchet, his staff, 5.5 mil man Goligoski, Connauton, Schenn (even though I don't have a huge problem with him), Stepan, Cousins, Richardson, pretty much anyone on that line could go.

Oh wait, instead, Tocchet gives a couple of those guys an "A" on their sweater and plenty of unearned ice time to the rest. Then we lose and he scratches one of the team's leading scorers instead for who knows what reason.

Oh yes... sticky. Cause goals don't win games, sticky does. Ps... not so sticky that they would throw a bunch of hits and fight for SOME entertainment value at least. But sticky enough to look like they skate hard but not actually do anything on the ice.

Sorry... rant over. Just incredibly frustrated by the way this season is going and the continual stupid decisions that are being made. Lots of "talk" but not a lot of action.

Reactions: RemoAZ and Yandover

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
All RT talks about is sticky, sticky and more sticky. How about score, score and more score. Chayka makes a deal for a player because he is a fast skater. Well, I'm tired of watching the Korpikoski's, Rieder's, Rinaldo's and Kempe's of the world. I want someone who has hockey IQ that can think quick and actually score.

Hey, let's not forget Enver Lisin. That guy had some wheels! Currently a good KHL player, which tells you what you need to know about the KHL.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
I still say it's the players more than coaching, but RT doesn't get off scott free either. Look at the goals against last night. Poor decisions by vets. Every goal against was the direct result of a seasoned vet screwing up, the last goal three vets. RT has not held the vets accountable for their play all season long. Maybe try sitting a couple of high profile vet Dmen and give some kids a shot by playing them 20 min. a night. This season is shot, so lets evaluate the kids. I just hope they don't trade a kid for some over the hill vet.

Goals #1 and #3, but not #2.

Goal #1 was a lost faceoff by Stepan, and Raanta snoozing at the end of the period.
Goal #2 started with the Schenn/Connauton pairing's ineptness, but it was primarily a result of rookie Keller not bothering to follow the trailer into his zone. No effort at all from him.
Goal #3 was on Demers.

Don't kid yourself; rookies are playing like a$$ as well.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Many variables of course, but when the bulk of your team is massively under-performing the coach needs to take some blame. Now I see why the Duke is benched. :sarcasm:

2gxfnmw.png

This is the problem. Almost every vet playing below even an average year. None having career years. Recipe for disaster with a bunch of new players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad