GDT: 12/18/18 - 10:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
After what an Stamkos just did the words would have no meaning. He went to their building and called them losers through their TV sets without saying an thing.

No tears, only dreams now.
Words still have an meaning. An lowly canock has messed with your an head. Steazy bastards

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Looks an awfullllllll lot like that shoulder's getting hit first....

Better/closer angle is available (they showed it on tv for a split second)
Is this the one you were talking about?

NVM, I think this is the same one.

edit:made the gif out of the video here
35bv688.gif

Surely this one shows it's more of a "shoulder to shoulder" and nothing else...Before seeing this, I thought it did look like he extended his elbow to his head after the initial shoulder to shoulder contact. Then again, I've seen a Canucks fan honestly saying he's not an important player to lose...what'd it have been if it was their best player? Gotta be careful NTL. Hope he's alright.

Last edited:

JDBolt

Oct 14, 2017
Is this the one you were talking about?

NVM, I think this is the same one.

edit:made the gif out of the video here
35bv688.gif

Surely this one shows it's more of a "shoulder to shoulder" and nothing else...Before seeing this, I thought it did look like he extended his elbow to his head after the initial shoulder to shoulder contact. Then again, I've seen a Canucks fan honestly saying he's not an important player to lose...what'd it have been if it was their best player? Gotta be careful NTL. Hope he's alright.

I'm sure he's fine. It really wasn't that big of a hit, I'm not sure what their fans are all riled up about. Looked like shoulder contact from every view I've seen. You can even see his shoulder rise a bit with the contact.

With the fact Gudbranson got away with 2+ total sucker-punches, and both fights resulting in punches thrown towards Gourde's and Paquette's heads inches from the ice, I'm not the slightest bit concerned with their whiny tweets and weak accusations of being "dirty". Pretty obvious which team was throwing routine hits, and which one was throwing cheap shots.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
I'm sure he's fine. It really wasn't that big of a hit, I'm not sure what their fans are all riled up about. Looked like shoulder contact from every view I've seen. You can even see his shoulder rise a bit with the contact.

With the fact Gudbranson got away with 2+ total sucker-punches, and both fights resulting in punches thrown towards Gourde's and Paquette's heads inches from the ice, I'm not the slightest bit concerned with their whiny tweets and weak accusations of being "dirty". Pretty obvious which team was throwing routine hits, and which one was throwing cheap shots.
Yeah, but pretty understandable reaction from their fans...I mean, if I were them, I can imagine myself trying *very* hard to look at the hits as malicious as possible lol! Especially when your team has not been doing that well...

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

Not just that, but the one that I caught that pissed me off was Edler attempting to elbow Kucherov in the face, which is what lead to Paq going after Petterson. He threw that thing up fast and Kuch happened to turn away slightly before it happened and instead got an elbow in the neck.

Reactions: JDBolt

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It looked to me the entire time like Martel went through the shoulder to hit the head.

After all the praising we've been giving Serg in the last few games, he seemed to wilt as soon as things got heated. It was directly after the Roussel confrontation that he coughed up a puck for their first goal.

LOVED the 4th line here. Paquette might have developed into a true wrecking ball type super pest. While his hit on Petterson was clean, and he didn't even catch a big chunk of him, he was clearly trying to send a message with it, which I think is why Vancouver took exception. Honestly I would have liked to see Erne flex on them a little bit too, because the Canucks looked like they were targeting Kucherov as soon as the game got heated. Maybe even before (Roussel trying to get Kuch to fight at center ice... and then laughably going with Gourde). I mean, I know most of our players ARE skilled, so it's impossible to completely get away from, but I'd rather not have our skilled guys handling the rough stuff. We have a few players now who can stick their noses in, when required.

I thought Cernak was really good, particularly at cutting plays off along the wall. Had a couple of solid scoring chances too. Wouldn't have minded seeing him with a bit more edge too though. Again, the targeting of Kucherov had me nervous all night, and the refs were kind of letting the game get out of hand.

Stammer was flying, and seemed to get faster as the night went on. I've been raving about his play for about six weeks now (I know, feels weird to me too), but last night's the first night where I was like, "Wow, he's skating kind of like 2012 Stamkos." Glad to see him get a goal. He's suddenly got himself on pace for 40. I can't believe it. It's like every week he rediscovers another way he used to be elite.

Oddly enough, this was the first game, including pre-season, where I thought Danick Martel really showed us something.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Martel had the right idea but botched it. Not an intentional dirty hit but it ended really badly. You really have to be careful. Guys don't get woozy from shoulder checks.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Martel had the right idea but botched it. Not an intentional dirty hit but it ended really badly. You really have to be careful. Guys don't get woozy from shoulder checks.

They do when the shoulder is hit first and the head second. Stetcher was in a vulnerable position, but not ineligible to be hit.

There's one angle that pretty clearly shows shoulder contact being primary. Most of the angles being touted by Canuck fans--coincidentally, I'm sure--show the hit from the opposite side, where Stetcher's body hides the point of impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad