GDT: 12/15/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Just had a weird thought. What would happen if Stamkos injured Reilly with a really dirty hit? Toronto would be torn right?

It would have to have an intent to injure/dumb decision making that Stamkos doesn't have.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
******PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT AND READ THIS********

Guys I saw the "Sign Stamkos" and I am more angry than I think I've been in years. I'm fired up. We're not out of the playoff race and we're not out of the Stamkos sweepstakes. Let's focus our energies to a positive spectrum and collectively remember this as the night we turned it around and Stamkos turned it around.

I hate his guts right now but he is NOT the Leafs prized little trophy to have.

This is OUR ****ing captain. Not theirs.

The whole offense is struggling and Stamkos is no exception. And tonight I'm gonna rally behind the banner and hope Stamkos has the game of his life. We can't keep going like this guys. We aren't a defeated bunch. We were less down when we lost the ****ing Stanley Cup!

I'm not gonna sit here and watch this ****. Nothing makes me more angry than entitlement and I'll be DAMNED if the Leafs are entitled to the best player to ever wear a Lightning sweater. From this point on, let's try to be as supportive as we can. Let's be proud of his accomplishment and let's be proud to call Steven Stamkos our captain. We'll have plenty of time to bash him later.

I want the season to move positively. We HAVE TO stop being so damn glum. This isn't fun for me anymore. Remember pride? Remember that feeling. Tonight I'm gonna do everything I can to move forward and be prideful.

Whose with me?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think the Sign Stamkos signs are hilariously stupid. Only the Lightning can sign him right now. They're telling us to sign him as a result. :P

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Not that I really want to resign stamkos but wouldn't be great if the Lightning signed him tonight! And had a press conference in Toronto tomorrow?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I'm in TO for the game and I'm already anticipating several arguments with arrogant Toronto fans talking **** about the Stamkos drama.

I've been on 4 flights in 2 days. Short fuse.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Not that I really want to resign stamkos but wouldn't be great if the Lightning signed him tonight! And had a press conference in Toronto tomorrow?

the way you do it is have it come out during like the first intermission, and take the wind out of the crowd as the news/rumor spreads around.

Houdas

Mining the Lightning
Aug 17, 2014
Prague/Ostrava
It's my birthday today. Please, just win. I'd watch the game but I got another exam tomorrow, so I need to have a good sleep tonight.

Let's go, Bolts!

Extra wish: goal for JT Brownov

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
See my point guys? This is total BS. I for one am gonna try to change my tune about Stamkos. I DO want him to stay. We all do. But right now I'm not gonna stand for this crap. I'm not surprised by any of this but I'm still furious beyond belief.

I hope we burn it to the ground tonight

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Wouldn't this be considered tampering?

Interesting thought. Since TSN owns part of the Leafs, would this be considered tampering? Nothing's going to come about it, but it's an interesting academic point.

It's a sign that's technically directed at the team's management, not the player himself however.

snizzbone*

I agree but look at that roster, who would you want from it? Lol. Only JVR and Reilly would be alright and it's not really what we need. We need an established goal scorer that's good defensively too. Not getting that vibe with a bigger Callahan in JVR. Kari isn't ideal either. The trade is going to be like MSL, Yzerman will have one team to pull magic out of and hope it works.

Tough spot to be in, AGAIN.

Toronto wouldn't be trading for Stamkos, we'd be signing him in free agency. Not a chance our management would give up the asset required to get him via trade.

Also JVR plays nothing like Callahan, quite the opposite. JVR has size but he's not a physical grinder type. He's more a skilled player that is exceptionally skilled in tight.

Anyways tonight should be fun. From what I can gather there will be quite a loud "Come home Stamkos" chant. Hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad