GDT: 12/15/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Based on my own record-keeping, the Lightning are 14-14-3 now (W-L-T; shootout games, W or L, are ties for me). Each of the last three times, at least, they've gotten back to, lets call it "Kramer .500", they lost. At D.C., at LA, and again against the Caps on Saturday. They sure aren't winning on Friday, so tonight is likely the difference between 15-15-3 or 14-16-3 once they come back home. Would like to finally be back above .500. Get above .500, and we can talk from there.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I wonder if Leaf fans will realize Stamkos is playing center tonight, or if they'll continue to believe Jon Cooper is forcing him to play the wing against his will. Despite what's in front of their faces.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Lost in all the negativity surrounding this year: Brian Boyle has 8 goals. That's kind of crazy, 30 games in.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Lost in all the negativity surrounding this year: Brian Boyle has 8 goals. That's kind of crazy, 30 games in.

Boyle is great. He and Garrison don't get enough spoken love around here but I don't think anyone wants to lose them

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Boyle and Brown are likely the only ones who are exceeding expectations in the forward group this season. Although Kucherov's on pace goal totals are getting pretty strong now. Our 3rd highest producing forward has 12 points. That is sad, but not as sad as who one of them is. Boyle is also hitting that top corner, so it's been pretty goals he's been scoring. It's been fun to watch.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm going to have some weird mixed feelings if Stamkos has his sixth good game of the year tonight.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
By what means? Similar to how Dechire feels?

Yeah. If he turns it on tonight, it'll just feel like it's something he can control. I'm mostly under the impression that he's just "not that guy anymore." If it turns out he still can be, but just doesn't want to be most of the time, it'll be frustrating. It's easier to believe he's not capable of it. I can at least maintain respect for him that way.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Just had a weird thought. What would happen if Stamkos injured Reilly with a really dirty hit? Toronto would be torn right?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah. If he turns it on tonight, it'll just feel like it's something he can control. I'm mostly under the impression that he's just "not that guy anymore." If it turns out he still can be, but just doesn't want to be most of the time, it'll be frustrating. It's easier to believe he's not capable of it. I can at least maintain respect for him that way.

Well this is how you look at it. If he plays great tonight, and then starts to turn it around or at least showing the effort for the next week or so, then it's all good, have to give him props. If he is great tonight and then goes right back to um whats the name Steven Stagnant, lol, then it is a middle finger to the organization. Now if he is not good tonight, then really can't get too upset because then like you said, he just cannot bring it anymore. Not sure if that makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad