Prospect Info: 12-13' Prospects Thread Version XV: Rielly Wins WHL Eastern Conf. Dman of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenericFan2*

People bashing the hell out of Biggs, probably the same people saying kadri is a bust.

These guys have no patience. Biggs will be a good player and a piece that all 30 teams in the NHL will want. There aren't many players that bring the skillset he does.
This post sums it all up.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
People bashing the hell out of Biggs, probably the same people saying kadri is a bust.

These guys have no patience. Biggs will be a good player and a piece that all 30 teams in the NHL will want. There aren't many players that bring the skillset he does.

People were saying the same thing about Tlusty while he was here..

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
This post sums it all up.

It's no surprise we have naysayers on our prospects because they do not like Morrison, the poster(Ernie) that is leading the charge bashing Biggs, told me earlier this year what has Kadri done in the NHL? When I asserted it was time to try him at #2C over Grabo, his response Kadri has never scored 58 points and has proved nothing.

Now it's the same with Tyler Biggs, and Percy. Basically questioning our picks.

I just find it funny now he is claiming to be the lone backer of Kadri when he was not. :sarcasm: :shakehead

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Now that Morgan Rielly was named the WHL Eastern Conference Defensman of the year does that mean he might be more respect from other fan bases or be called the next top Defensman not playing in the NHL. The reason I say that is all the hype Dougie Hamilton got from the Bruins fans last year after he was named the CHL Defensman of the year and the top prospect not playing in the NHL or does Rielly also need to win that award to get that same type of talk?

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Fantastic post, expecially the bolded, it's always a misconception, and a extreme fallacy that you only win with talent.

Reality is you need a diverse roster of grinders, plumbers, skilled guys, fighters, leaders, followers, to win Championships.

Thanks for this post, you reminded some it isn't as simple as drafting just the most talented player when your turn comes, this does guarantee a championship.

:squint:
:skeptic:
:huh:

I think you're using the word talent wrong.

I implore thee my good man, just what is wrong with questioning our picks? We question our GMs moves, no? Are we sheep?

SteveV*

I have to laugh, Biggs is on a top line in JUNIOR, of course he should be putting up points. Even a guy like Kypreos was an offensive force in JUNIOR. I'm not projecting one way or other, but some of this stuff is ridiculous. It's JUNIOR and he's physically dominant and turning TWENTY in a month, of course he should be dominating! Again not a mindless cheerleader who gets a chub defending the draft pick, not a basher, just taking it as it comes. Pick it up Tyler!

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
It's no surprise we have naysayers on our prospects because they do not like Morrison, the poster(Ernie) that is leading the charge bashing Biggs, told me earlier this year what has Kadri done in the NHL? When I asserted it was time to try him at #2C over Grabo, his response Kadri has never scored 58 points and has proved nothing.

I just find it funny now he is claiming to be the lone backer of Kadri when he was not. :sarcasm: :shakehead

I'm not the lone backer. I was one of the informed many.

Leave me out of your posts. I'll speak for myself, thanks.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Has everyone just forgotten that he completely shattered most expectations offensively during the regular season just because he hasn't put up a point in his first 3 playoff games while playing more of a shut-down role and focusing on the tight-checking, physical, defensive game that we all know dominates the post-season?

mikebel111*

I agree with you here Ernie. If he's ever going to be a top 6 player in the NHL, he absolutely needs to prove he can score at the junior level.

Sure, he's 19 and anything can happen, but he's behind in his development.

He may go on to be a useful player for us in a bottom 6 capacity, but you can get those guys for nothing but cap space every summer. See: Jay McClement. There's better ways to spend a top 25 pick.

behind in his development?
:shakehead:help::banghead:

this is what we said about kadri after his first training camp

its comments like these, that make me think that this fan base doesn't deserve a cup

mikebel111*

I have to laugh, Biggs is on a top line in JUNIOR, of course he should be putting up points. Even a guy like Kypreos was an offensive force in JUNIOR. I'm not projecting one way or other, but some of this stuff is ridiculous. It's JUNIOR and he's physically dominant and turning TWENTY in a month, of course he should be dominating! Again not a mindless cheerleader who gets a chub defending the draft pick, not a basher, just taking it as it comes. Pick it up Tyler!

his season was very good
he is just relied on to shut down storme now, and is gettind 2nd PP duty
can't expect him to put up points

mikebel111*

many experts said he will be lucky to get 10 goals
biggs has had a great year

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

its comments like these, that make me think that this fan base doesn't deserve a cup

Biggs is only about 8 points behind Galchenyuk in the scoring race.

Biggs 1st. training camp will be as a 20 year old, Kadri was 18.

Like many were saying about Kadri, you just have to give him time. Too many were penciling him into a line-up that he was no where ready for.

mikebel111*

Like many were saying about Kadri, you just have to give him time. Too many were penciling him into a line-up that he was no where ready for.

great quote:handclap:
no patience at all here

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

I'm confused. He was projected to be a top 6 guy who can do it all. Realistically, you expect that person to tear up juniors in his draft + 2 season. That's what his compatibles have done, that's the curve he should be following. His offense hasn't developed to the point I think we'd all like. That's all I'm saying.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

Biggs has 8 less points in 20 more games my friend. Galchenyuk hasn't played a junior game in almost 2 months.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Biggs and Galchenyuk arent't in the same scoring race....

They are not the same players though!

I don't give a damn about OHL points for guys like Biggs.

Lets say if Biggs turns into a 50 point heart and soul player...would you not say that's pretty good for a 22nd overall pick?

He's a big guy that blocks shots, kills PK's, has top six potential and sticks up for his teammates and he is a good prospect.

There are many players picked after him that may have more points but that doesn't necessarily mean that their game will translate better.

Wasn't McKegg supposed to be drafted in the 2nd round? He dropped to the Leafs...lit up the OHL and now is not that good in the AHL.

mikebel111*

I'm confused. He was projected to be a top 6 guy who can do it all. Realistically, you expect that person to tear up juniors in his draft + 2 season. That's what his compatibles have done, that's the curve he should be following. His offense hasn't developed to the point I think we'd all like. That's all I'm saying.

guess I took ur post a bit too harshly, but anyways
Im fine with his offense, he exceeeded expectations, since many were claiming he will be lucky to get 10 goals

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
They are not the same players though!

I don't give a damn about OHL points for guys like Biggs.

Lets say if Biggs turns into a 50 point heart and soul player...would you not say that's pretty good for a 22nd overall pick?

He's a big guy that blocks shots, kills PK's, has top six potential and sticks up for his teammates and he is a good prospect.

There are many players picked after him that may have more points but that doesn't necessarily mean that their game will translate better.

Wasn't McKegg supposed to be drafted in the 2nd round? He dropped to the Leafs...lit up the OHL and now is not that good in the AHL.

Yeah, but he hasn't shown us that he has that ability. You need to understand that even 2nd line guys like that have typically dominated on the scoresheet in minor hockey. Biggs hasn't been that guy at any level he's ever played at, so realistically, we shouldn't be expecting that from him.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I find it funny, that you can't critique a prospect's recent play without people crying foul.

Guess what, that's what coaches, GM's, Scouts, etc do. They still have hope in players, and don't base a future on a few games, but they critique, nonetheless.

This isn't a fan club, it's a message board, right?

I'm rarely negative about prospects, and we all know this. I cheer for our kids, not pit one against the other to prove a point. But I also look at things the way they are. Sometimes, that means seeing or hearing things that aren't all sunshine and rainbows. It's just the nature of the game.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
this is biggs first year in the ohl... if he was in the ohl every year he could have id say he would have similar points to jenner. overrager or not, its still hard to get used to that schedule from the NCAA one.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
guess I took ur post a bit too harshly, but anyways
Im fine with his offense, he exceeeded expectations, since many were claiming he will be lucky to get 10 goals

So you're going to use a curve on the test, based off of some clown at THN...? The clown we all laughed at because even the average joe knew that was low-balling.

Stop playing dumb, we all knew 10 goals, playing with Jenner, was a joke.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
this is biggs first year in the ohl... if he was in the ohl every year he could have id say he would have similar points to jenner. overrager or not, its still hard to get used to that schedule from the NCAA one.

Huge point that can't really be stated enough. The difference in schedules between last year and this year is insane, he's already played close to double the games he played in the NCAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad