Prospect Info: 12-13' Prospects Thread Version XV: Rielly Wins WHL Eastern Conf. Dman of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
It's hard to be 100% right without a crystal ball.

I appreciate the effort that goes into making these lists, and it's good for sparking discussion if nothing else.

I guess, but to me, it seems like most of the time they are just going off fan hype and not actually scouting the players. :laugh:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Pardon my ignorance, but is there any news on a contract for MacWilliam? Is he still playing or his is team done for the year?

I know Burke tried to sign him last year but he opted to go play his Senior year.

I'm really interested in what he could bring to the Marlies down the stretch.

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
Pardon my ignorance, but is there any news on a contract for MacWilliam? Is he still playing or his is team done for the year?

I know Burke tried to sign him last year but he opted to go play his Senior year.

I haven't seen any news. He plays tomorrow in the quarter finals of the NCAA tournament.

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
Can anyone who's been watching the Generals lately shed some light on how Biggs has been playing in the playoffs? It seems like the Gens are having no trouble scoring but no points for Biggs thus far. Just wondering what he's playing like, linemates, role, etc?

mikebel111*

Can anyone who's been watching the Generals lately shed some light on how Biggs has been playing in the playoffs? It seems like the Gens are having no trouble scoring but no points for Biggs thus far. Just wondering what he's playing like, linemates, role, etc?

he has been put in the role of shutting down strome, playing physical, and has been decent so far
seems to be having trouble handling the puck a bit though

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Hopefully our prospects get to play more minutes in the Marlies than the veteran career AHLers.

We are not trying to win the Calder, we are trying to develop prospects.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Hopefully our prospects get to play more minutes in the Marlies than the veteran career AHLers.

We are not trying to win the Calder, we are trying to develop prospects.

Yeah but they're first and foremost trying to run a business, which includes icing the best product you can. /shrug

Mar 12, 2009
I have been very impressed with my viewings of Josh Leivo. His skating is better than I expected, maybe not the quickest first step but he has the ability to gain speed. From what I've read he is most known for his shot, but from my tv and live viewings of him on the Rangers, his puck handling and playmaking abilities have been the most impressive parts of his game. He also seems to have a knack for being able to use his feet to kick the puck up to his stick and remain in stride. He hasn't been overly physical in my viewings but does not shy away from contact while carrying the puck and seems very strong on his skates. He doesn't hit a lot but from what I have seen (especially tonight) his stick is often in a lane that it block a pass and creates a turnover.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Leivo has incredible hands. This guy is our best forward prospect IMO. Could be a top six guy.

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND

UND is still playing. They are in the national tourney now. Mac had a goal in a 2-1 win over Niagara yesterday. They play again today at 3ct on espnu against Yale. Mac will sign the day/night they get eliminated, or the day after. NHL/AHL clubs seem to want to get senior NCAA guys in the system as soon as they can. No reason for a senior to not sign either.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
UND is still playing. They are in the national tourney now. Mac had a goal in a 2-1 win over Niagara yesterday. They play again today at 3ct on espnu against Yale. Mac will sign the day/night they get eliminated, or the day after. NHL/AHL clubs seem to want to get senior NCAA guys in the system as soon as they can. No reason for a senior to not sign either.

Andy played a great game yesterday. I've never been less than impressed when watching him. I hope he plays exactly like he did yesterday.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
It sucks having to face a player like Gally for the next 10 years, but we got a hell of a player out of it anyway.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Yeah but they're first and foremost trying to run a business, which includes icing the best product you can. /shrug

Leafs had a lot of veterans on the Marlies this year, and for the most part (outside of Kadri and Gardiner) they lead the team offensively.

Having prospects on a winning team helps teach them what it takes to win even if they aren't the main reason for winning.

It is good the younger guys are now being thrust into those roles as more and more veterans have been moved.

However, at this point in the season they aren't going to screw the guys who put in all that effort so that juniors get a chance to play. I could see them getting some ice time but spotted. Finn didn't even play a full junior season, they might just want him to get healthy.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
It sucks having to face a player like Gally for the next 10 years, but we got a hell of a player out of it anyway.

I just wish he'd have had a good WJC.

He's playing against older players now, not against his own age group, and not against younger guys. Too bad it is only junior or NHL next year, as it would be nice to see him playing against pros for a year before his NHL career. Too bad it wasn't more like the European leagues.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I can see them shutting Finn down. I would, as it's been a tough year on his body, with the mono and the knee.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I can see them shutting Finn down. I would, as it's been a tough year on his body, with the mono and the knee.

He was .79 PPG in his draft year.
He was .76 PPG this year.

Points don't show any improvement, but he was drafted as a defenseman so that is where you'd want to see improvements.

I don't think he gets any free pass because of a little mono. :sarcasm: hint hint know what I mean ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->