GDT: #12 – Sabres at Isles Sat Feb 9–7:00PM ET– TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM (Myers may sit)

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
I heard Myers was pretty good last game? How the **** does Myers get benched when Leo has been worse. Maybe we're showcasing him for a trade and no one wants to trade for a player who has been a healthy scratch idk. I'm pissed. Some people said he had a good game? I couldn't watch

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
I heard Myers was pretty good last game? How the **** does Myers get benched when Leo has been worse. Maybe we're showcasing him for a trade and no one wants to trade for a player who has been a healthy scratch idk. I'm pissed. Some people said he had a good game? I couldn't watch

It'll probably just be a game and then he's back in. I agree Leo's been worse but it's more important to get Myers back on track and it didn't look like he was doing it.

BWidz8930

Jul 6, 2012
It'll probably just be a game and then he's back in. I agree Leo's been worse but it's more important to get Myers back on track and it didn't look like he was doing it.

I don't know, I can't support this move. Last year our blueline wasn't terrible as a whole (as is generally the case this year). A struggling Myers is far better than Brennan at his best. Put your best players out there if you want to win.

HockeyH3aven

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
I don't know, I can't support this move. Last year our blueline wasn't terrible as a whole (as is generally the case this year). A struggling Myers is far better than Brennan at his best. Put your best players out there if you want to win.

I strongly disagree. Myers has literally been directly responsible for at least one goal against in almost every game he's played. At least Brennan hasn't made huge defensive gaffes, even if his overall level of play is lower.

I'll take a guy who is consistently mediocre over a guy who one moment looks like he'd struggle to get ice time on a bar league team and the next might contend for a Norris.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011

Simply not true. You're underestimating how bad Myers has been. Lindy is putting our best players on the ice right now.

Adam Gretz ‏@AGretz
Tyler Myers a scratch for Buffalo tonight. Sabres giving up 5.39 goals per 60 Min. of 5-on-5 play with him on the ice. Worst among D in NHL.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Simply not true. You're underestimating how bad Myers has been. Lindy is putting our best players on the ice right now.

Adam Gretz ‏@AGretz
Tyler Myers a scratch for Buffalo tonight. Sabres giving up 5.39 goals per 60 Min. of 5-on-5 play with him on the ice. Worst among D in NHL.

Spot on.

And amazing information in that tweet. Worst D in the NHL in that category. Myers is best D in another (this year's salary).

Despite his Calder, I wish we could go back and draft a different defensemen.

Adam Gretz‏@AGretz
Erik Karlsson leads the NHL with 50 shots on goal. He's a defenseman. No other defenseman has more than 29 shots. Only 9 have at least 25.

BWidz8930

Jul 6, 2012

Adam Gretz ‏@AGretz

Ridiculous. Can't say that when Myers is sitting in the press box and Brennan and Leopold are on the ice. You'll see when Leopold has to play upwards of 24 minutes (with an increased D-zone responsibility) and makes Myers' recent play look good.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I dont really think Myers works hard in the offseason. Slow start every year, not much difference in his strength since rookie year IMO.

Myers needs new voices in his head. Surprised his idol Regehr didnt change anything.

French Connection

Aug 16, 2007

NO, he was not better and as for Leo he played on the PP, PK and was close to max TOI.

sabrescupchamps2099

Baseball season!
Dec 30, 2011
Buffalo, New York
vanek+help+wanted.jpg

Let's go Buffalo Vaneks! :yo:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I dont really think Myers works hard in the offseason. Slow start every year, not much difference in his strength since rookie year IMO.

Myers needs new voices in his head. Surprised his idol Regehr didnt change anything.

I don't think that's the problem. Both Ruff and Myers have said that he's a guy who struggles to add weight/muscle, and all the more so because he's trying to do it without losing his mobility. Which is really hard when you're 6'8". I'm not sure why he always these slow starts, but I don't think it's a problem with off-season training.

French Connection

Aug 16, 2007

No, Brennan will bring more offence to the table than TM will.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Jochen got up for some cold pop
Lordy Grier, Tavares's on fiar.
ain't nobody got time for that

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY

He was brutal last game. His one good game this year was against the Senators. He earned the sit, now its up to him to earn his way out of it.

Leo also deserves to sit a game, but he scored last game and I think Ruff is thinking it may be a sign of things to turn around. Also, he does have a lot to play for.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I don't think that's the problem. Both Ruff and Myers have said that he's a guy who struggles to add weight/muscle, and all the more so because he's trying to do it without losing his mobility. Which is really hard when you're 6'8". I'm not sure why he always these slow starts, but I don't think it's a problem with off-season training.

He was playing in the EBEL here.
He didn't look like he was any better than any of the guys in a t3 European league, he was that bad really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad