GDT: #12 – Sabres at Isles Sat Feb 9–7:00PM ET– TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM (Myers may sit)

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Not for nothing, asbestos aside, there's a cool feeling taking in a game from NVMC. I couldn't begin to explain it properly, but it has something to do with the coziness... One gigantic parking lot, tiny concourses, reminders of the Aud kick off every time I'm there. Can't explain.

The Aud was an impressive and beautiful old building, even if it did become outdated for NHL purposes. The Coliseum is just a dump, no two ways about it. Hell, the Isles farm team in Bridgeport have a far nicer (if smaller capacity) arena than their parent franchise does.

Out of the NYC-area arenas, the Prudential Center is my favorite to watch a game in. Really nice arena with nice amenities, even if he crowd is always half-empty and the atmosphere is even deader than a Sabres home game.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Woodhouse is the boss
But Sabres deserve haiku
Expect a tough loss
Oh lawd haff murcy
Glitturr wit some cold **** hurr
I'z be doin dis

Kat trippin mos def
Tha threadz I'z make are so tight
Baller $tatus yo

Haikuz be booey
Stop messin wit my steez man
No time fo haterz

this thread is a joke, right?
steve-johnson-celebration.jpg

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I won't even predict which isle team shows tonight, the hard working forechecking team or the one that talks about a 60 minute effort, only to come out flat.

Let's go isles:handclap:

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I won't even predict which isle team shows tonight, the hard working forechecking team or the one that talks about a 60 minute effort, only to come out flat.

I didn't know the Isles were Buffalo's doppelganger?

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Just realized that Myers is a -9...

Although +/- stats aren't always super duper indicators for how a player plays, this stat kinda reflects his season so far... :(

I had no idea his plus minus was that bad. Jeez.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
The Aud was an impressive and beautiful old building, even if it did become outdated for NHL purposes. The Coliseum is just a dump, no two ways about it. Hell, the Isles farm team in Bridgeport have a far nicer (if smaller capacity) arena than their parent franchise does.

Out of the NYC-area arenas, the Prudential Center is my favorite to watch a game in. Really nice arena with nice amenities, even if he crowd is always half-empty and the atmosphere is even deader than a Sabres home game.

There is a weird pleasure I take out of the rare game at NVMC. Again... Can't explain it.

But yeah, the Rock is about as top notch as it gets. I am a big fan of the open concourses

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
There is a weird pleasure I take out of the rare game at NVMC. Again... Can't explain it.

But yeah, the Rock is about as top notch as it gets. I am a big fan of the open concourses

Now that the countdown is on, I'm going to get down to see the Sabres play at the Mausoleum. So much history in that building.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York

Yeah the Rock is very nice to go to. The attendance thing is getting better too which is good for them. NVMC is a dump. No two ways about it. I dislike going there.

RiotAct

Panickin' 4 Hanifin
Feb 28, 2007
Old Dominion State
We lose 12-1. After the game, the City of Buffalo begins erecting a bronze statue of Lindy Ruff and Darcy Regier atop the new City Hall.

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
Ugh the Isles again. Prepare for another Panthers game. Sabres lose 4-3 after having two leads.

My best hockey friend and neighbor is a diehard Islanders fan. Every year since 2007 we watch the Isles home games at his house and Sabres home games at my house. Been quite the tradition. But, unfotunately the Isles lead the series and it always seems to be the most frustration games to watch. Please please please prove this trend wrong tonight. Sabres doppelganger no longer!

Timbo Slice

Roaring back
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester
I feel like John Tavares is going to dominate us so hard that after the 2nd period he'll take off his skates and just play in his socks - then his line (Including Boyes) will still score 3 goals against us in the 3rd.

Good times. Can't wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad