GDT: #12 – Sabres at Isles Sat Feb 9–7:00PM ET– TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM (Myers may sit)

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Vanek scores again
Sometimes my parents hit me
Seven to four isles

Tivaress, Molcin, Boltyn, Ockpoughsoe, Boys, Straight, Phinlee
(Yes, 7 goals, 7 different goalscorers)

Vannick, Pahmunvil, Hahjcin, Griggahrenckoughue

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
PS gotta put the opponent, date, and GT in the title. That's a must. No shortcuts. Post like a champion today, Manti.

For whom the bell tolls
Could Stafford do something, please?
Pasi Nurminen

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
#12 – Sabres at Islanders – Sat Feb 9 – 7:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM

gdt-12-top-1.png
gdt-12-top-2.png

gdt-12-top-3.png
gdt-12-top-4.png

GDT #12: SABRES (4-6-1) at ISLANDERS (4-5-1) – SAT FEB 9 – 7:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – RADIO: WGR-AM

2.07 – Hot in Buffalo, and we ain't talking wings (Pierre LeBrun – ESPN)

2.07 – Islanders' trade for goalie Tim Thomas a salary-cap move (Arthur Staple – Newsday)

2.07 – Sabres cheer up fans with shootout victory (John Vogl – The Buffalo News)

2.07 – Islanders' work rate is coming up short (Arthur Staple – Newsday)

2.08 – Time to put reinvented Ruff out of misery (Jerry Sullivan – The Buffalo News)

2.08 – Sources: Lubomir Visnovsky to debut Saturday for Isles (Arthur Staple – Newsday)

2.08 – Sabres-Islanders Preview (Noey Kupchan – STATS Writer)

2.08 – Austrian homecoming did wonders for Sabres' Vanek (John Wawrow – AP)

2.08 – Vanek playing more, staying red-hot (Mike Harrington – The Buffalo News)

2.09 – Sabres can’t rely on Vanek’s sizzling production forever (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)​
header-350x60-team-news-left.png
header-350x60-default-right.png

BUFFALO SABRES

Projected Lineup

26 Thomas Vanek ("A") - 19 Cody Hodgson - 29 Jason Pominville ("C")
82 Marcus Foligno - 63 Tyler Ennis - 21 Drew Stafford ("A")
9 Steve Ott - 55 Jochen Hecht - 36 Patrick Kaleta
32 John Scott - 25 Mikhail Grigorenko - 42 Nathan Gerbe

10 Christian Ehrhoff - 3 Jordan Leopold
6 Mike Weber - 44 Andrej Sekera
33 TJ Brennan - 52 Alexander Sulzer

30 Ryan Miller
1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

Matt Ellis, Patrick Kaleta (IR; neck), Ville Leino (IR; strained right hip), Adam Pardy, Robyn Regehr (IR; high
ankle sprain) and Andrej Sekera (bruised foot) were scratched in Thursday's 5-4 SOW over Montreal. Kaleta and
Sekera have been cleared to play, so Pardy has been returned to AHL/Rochester, while Ryan Miller starts in goal
and Ellis, Cody McCormick and Tyler Myers are healthy scratches.

Weekly Transactions

Buffalo recalled defenseman Adam Pardy from AHL/Rochester on Monday, only to loan him back yesterday.

According to the Stats

Buffalo were 2-2-0 in four games versus NYI last season, with Ryan Miller appearing twice and stopping 65 of 69
shots against (2-0-0, 1.92 GAA, .942 SV%). Their leading scorers in the series were ex-Sabre Derek Roy, with
two goals and two assists, and Jason Pominville, with four assists. Currently, they have allowed four or more
goals in six straight games and are tied with Washington for the most goals allowed (41) on the season.
header-350x60-opp-news-left.png
header-350x60-opp-news-right.png

NEW YORK ISLANDERS

Projected Lineup

26 Matt Moulson - 91 John Tavares ("A") - 24 Brad Boyes
40 Michael Grabner - 51 Frans Nielsen - 21 Kyle Okposo ("A")
41 David Ullstrom - 10 Keith Aucoin - 13 Colin McDonald
12 Josh Bailey - 53 Casey Cizikas - 17 Matt Martin

47 Andrew MacDonald - 3 Travis Hamonic
14 Thomas Hickey - 2 Mark Streit ("C")
37 Brian Strait - 11 Lubomir Visnovsky

20 Evgeni Nabokov
39 Rick DiPietro

Lineup News & Notes

Josh Bailey (SSPD; knee), Matt Carkner (LBI), Casey Cizikas, Tim Thomas (SSPD) and Lubomir Visnovksy were
scratched in Thursday's 4-1 loss to NYR. Carkner has since been placed on injured reserve, while Bailey, Cizikas
and Visnovsky will play tonight. Kyle Okposo (illness) missed yesterday's practice and will also play, while Evgeni
Nabokov starts in goal. Eric Boulton, Joe Finley and Marty Reasoner are scratched.

Weekly Transactions

NYI traded a conditional pick to Boston for suspended goalie Tim Thomas on Thursday.

According to the Stats

NYI were 2-1-1 in four games versus Buffalo last season, with Evgeni Nabokov appearing only once, stopping 23
of 25 shots against (1-0-0, 2.00 GAA, .920 SV%). Frans Nielsen, with three goals and one assist, and ex-Islander
PA Parenteau, with four assists, were their leading scorers in the series. They are also 5-1-1 in their last seven
games against Buffalo at Nassau Coliseum.

header-350x60-stats-standings-left.png
header-350x60-stats-standings-right.png

gdt-12-stats-standings-1.png
gdt-12-stats-standings-2.png

header-350x60-multimedia-left.png
header-350x60-default-right.png

Last edited:

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
PS gotta put the opponent, date, and GT in the title. That's a must. No shortcuts. Post like a champion today, Manti.

For whom the bell tolls
Could Stafford do something, please?
Pasi Nurminen

Everyone on this site knowwwwwwws

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
7-4 Isles

Tavares, Moulson, Boulton, Boyes, Okposo, Finley, Streit

Vanek, Poms, Hodgson, Grigorenko

We are 0-56-2 in our last 58 against the Isles, and Tavares tends to exhibit über talent versus us... This game has "absolute disaster" written all the **** over it

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
John Tavares

You were "the next one"
After "the next one," that is.
His feats dim your own

:(

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Mike Sillinger wins every single face off (you guys know what im talking about).

The Sabres dont even try and win 4 games to 1-- Whoops I have my head in the past.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Islanders win 3-1 (yes i know I predicted a Sabres win in the other GD thread but what the hell)

Tommy Salo with 40 saves.

Palffy
Bertuzzi
Berard

Curtis Brown

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Mike Sillinger wins every single face off (you guys know what im talking about).

The Sabres dont even try and win 4 games to 1-- Whoops I have my head in the past.

Michael Peca picked
A pack of Peca's Pickles
Peca's Pickles SUCK

(AND SCORE MORE THAN YOU GIVE UP, boys)

To quote someone from the main boards:

"Celly'd hard after goin 5-ched on that hack of a goalie, wheel snipe party gongshowhockey"

What. The. Hell. Is going on?

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Michael Peca picked
A pack of Peca's Pickles
Peca's Pickles SUCK

(AND SCORE MORE THAN YOU GIVE UP, boys)

To quote someone from the main boards:

"Celly'd hard after goin 5-ched on that hack of a goalie, wheel snipe party gongshowhockey"

What. The. Hell. Is going on?

You guys are epic.

Peca should of stayed with us. Darcy Tucker would of been nullified.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Debating whether or not I should trek through the snow & spend money to watch this debacle in person? Or just wait until we come to NJ and at least watch a loss in the confines of a modern, state-of-the-art arena.

What do you think ?

ryanbiggame*

7-4 Isles

Tavares, Moulson, Boulton, Boyes, Okposo, Finley, Streit

Vanek, Poms, Hodgson, Grigorenko

We are 0-56-2 in our last 58 against the Isles, and Tavares tends to exhibit über talent versus us... This game has "absolute disaster" written all the **** over it

Well, 0-56-2. Ill roll with that, SABRES 4-1!

Vanek,Myers,Vanek,Ennis

Boyes

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Debating whether or not I should trek through the snow & spend money to watch this debacle in person? Or just wait until we come to NJ and at least watch a loss in the confines of a modern, state-of-the-art arena.

What do you think ?

Save your money. It will only in end in frustration and heartbreak (gee im a pessimist).

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
9-2 Islanders..by the end of the game Jochen Hecht will be promoted to the second line, and he will be on the PP as well....Lindy's MVP.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Well, 0-56-2. Ill roll with that, SABRES 4-1!

Vanek,Myers,Vanek,Ennis

Boyes
:laugh: yeah it has been quite the 58 game stretch!
Save your money. It will only in end in frustration and heartbreak (gee im a pessimist).
Or a realist.

Not for nothing, asbestos aside, there's a cool feeling taking in a game from NVMC. I couldn't begin to explain it properly, but it has something to do with the coziness... One gigantic parking lot, tiny concourses, reminders of the Aud kick off every time I'm there. Can't explain.
9-2 Islanders..by the end of the game Jochen Hecht will be promoted to the second line, and he will be on the PP as well....Lindy's MVP.

7-2, Isles

Bossy
Gillies
Bossy
Trottier
Trottier
Kallur
Goring

Vanek
Jochen's head
Lots of Hecht love....

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010

What do you think ?
Unlike SwordsgoneWild, I say go to the game, unless your disposable income goes towards your iguana fund, in which case do not.

#YOLO

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Unlike SwordsgoneWild, I say go to the game, unless your disposable income goes towards your iguana fund, in which case do not.

#YOLO

YOLO and YOSSLTTFTAY (you only see sabres live two to five times a year)...

My iguana fund strikes me as more important right now. I'm leaning towards staying home.

It has stopped snowing, finally. I can take the two iguanas that I own for their breakfast walk soon - though bed to kill this alkie binge is a much more enticing and intelligent idea right now (compared to walking my igwannaz - they can wait to poop or excrete or whatever they do)

_______

From the injury thread above:

Kaleta and Sekera cleared to play.

Both better be suiting up.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Iguana fund... Can't get over that. Kid strikes again.

GUANO BOWLS. COLLECT THE WHOLE SET.

Let me guess ... White devil, white devil?

Additionally, iguanas and guano bowls aside, Isles have been kind of fun to watch this year. I'm torn. Going to sleep on it for a couple hours.

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
I say bufallo wins a close game 4:5

Vanek (3), Pominville, Hodgson; Grabner (2), Nielsen, Taveres

TheHoff

Apr 11, 2007
Just realized that Myers is a -9...

Although +/- stats aren't always super duper indicators for how a player plays, this stat kinda reflects his season so far... :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad