Proposal: 11th overall for a young dman to Vancouver

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
will do solid 25 yr old Lindgren + 22 yr old lefty shot Zac Jones plays either side
for
11OA

forces NY to give mins to LDs Robertson + Scanlin, helps w/under 4m cap relief to Rs.

Gives reasonable cost immediate D help to VAN
I'm sure you would, and the offer would be beat by almost every other team, remember bud, when making a trade especially for a high value asset (11th OA), you actually have to give up enough value back, you understand that right?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'm sure you would, and the offer would be beat by almost every other team, remember bud, when making a trade especially for a high value asset (11th OA), you actually have to give up enough value back, you understand that right?
There are posts here and there for Lindgren in the middle of the 1st round.
Some from Buf thought with a small to medium add from Rs the Sabes 1st which is early middle I believe, was fair.

You do understand that your criminal undervaluing of Lindgren is not constructive. Right?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
There are posts here and there for Lindgren in the middle of the 1st round.
Some from Buf thought with a small to medium add from Rs the Sabes 1st which is early middle I believe, was fair.

You do understand that your criminal undervaluing of Lindgren is not constructive. Right?
Great, then trade him there.

Awesome then trade him to Buffalo. No team would trade an 11OA for Lindgren and Zac Jones. especially one against the cap and lacking prospects, only player I could see them giving that for on the Rangers is Schneider which you guys won't part with. End of story.

You do understand that your criminally overrating Lindgren, as you criminally overrate every Ranger player and that continues to not be constructive. Right?

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
Unfortunately, Vancouver has again ignored the obvious need for a full out rebuild.
Instead, they are spending futures for the now.
So let’s go all in.

Available
11 overall
2 3rds
Hogs
Podz
Garland
Boeser
Pretty much any winger not name Kuz or Miller

Looking for <25 defensive dman to partner either Hughes or Hronek.
Garland and 11th overall for Liljegren and Murray

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Question is who do the Habs need more?
Drysdale, Smith or Michkov?
Or Reinbacher, whom the Habs will draft Wednesday with the 5th pick.

Garland and 11th overall for Liljegren and Murray
That is a very bad deal for Vancouver. Very unrealistically good for Toronto. Replace Lilegren with Nylander and value starts to make more sense even if the pieces/fit don’t. Garland isn’t a trash player, he’s just overpaid with too much term. But he’s a legit middle six winger. Murray is an injury prone mess.

Liljegren looks like a #5 as his ceiling.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Great, then trade him there.

Awesome then trade him to Buffalo. No team would trade an 11OA for Lindgren and Zac Jones. especially one against the cap and lacking prospects, only player I could see them giving that for on the Rangers is Schneider which you guys won't part with. End of story.

You do understand that your criminally overrating Lindgren, as you criminally overrate every Ranger player and that continues to not be constructive. Right?
fine, if most VAN fans agree with you fine.
And we will see what Lindy gets if and when...

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
young RHD that can play on the top line with Hughes ,,
Humm Good luck with that.

You guys just should go after a 28 to 31 years old in his prime.

Jacob Trouba ??
Seth Jones ??
Trouba?? Jones?? Those guys are cap dumps that require a top pick attached to them not Canucks trading 11th overall pick lol

I mean, it would probably never happen, and 11th is obviously too much, but Broberg would make sense. He’s buried under LD depth in Edmonton, he’s done very well against lesser competition, and could probably play on the 2nd pair on a team whose window isn’t open yet and could give him more minutes.
Lol Broberg?? No thanks

Tampa won't trade him but your not doing your job as a GM if you don't call to ask if Erik Cernak is available and dangle the 11th overall pick.
To Canucks:
Cernak
Tampa 1st round pick

To Tampa
11th pick

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
If Vancouver is going to forgo any form of rebuild they should offer 11ov for Pesce and throw a long term contract even as an overpay if that's what it takes. He'd be an ideal top pairing RD with Hughes and Hronek would be much better suited as a 2nd pairing RD.
Yeah I agree with you. Pesce, Cernak etc. Are the type of D Canucks are looking for not Broberg or Jones

The reality is...teams just don't tend to trade these sort of U25 Top-pairing caliber defencemen unless there's some sort of serious extenuating circumstances.

They'll move them as they start to creep closer to UFA if they can't get a deal done or the contract turns out badly. They'll move them if they've got serious injury red flags or development that's going awry.

But basically...you have to accept that if you're making a deal like this, it's probably for more of a ~27ish guy with a big contract looming if you're lucky. Or it's a bottom-pairing sort of guy that people want to pump the tires on.
Reality is teams don't trade 11th overalls for bottom pairing D

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
This is how hard it is to find a team that will trade one. Even for the 11th overall pick. We’re 5 pages in and haven’t come anywhere close to a consensus that would make sense for both sides.

You almost have to draft them. In fact, you do. It’s very rare for a team to trade them because they just don’t grow on trees. The closest you’re going to get would be Broberg and I doubt Holland even does that. Just to start over developing another one? Doesn’t make sense.

Unfortunately the Canucks are going to have to draft one and hopefully he develops quicker than most do. Or wait the 3-5 years it takes.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Would Cam York be sufficiently advanced in his development to be of interest ?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Peeke at 36% retained (take $1m/year off his salary; puts him at $1.75m/yr for 3 years) and the 66th overall for the 11th overall.
Peeke is trash my guy. We be looking at Pesce or Cernak that can log 25 min a night playing solid D not mediocre D men

This is how hard it is to find a team that will trade one. Even for the 11th overall pick. We’re 5 pages in and haven’t come anywhere close to a consensus that would make sense for both sides.

You almost have to draft them. In fact, you do. It’s very rare for a team to trade them because they just don’t grow on trees. The closest you’re going to get would be Broberg and I doubt Holland even does that. Just to start over developing another one? Doesn’t make sense.

Unfortunately the Canucks are going to have to draft one and hopefully he develops quicker than most do. Or wait the 3-5 years it takes.

I think Pesce or Cernak could be had if the their team has cap problems and want good assets back with no cap hit. Tampa and Carolina probably need cap room and deep enough in D to take the hit for the 11th pick.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Would Cam York be sufficiently advanced in his development to be of interest ?

I like York, but even if we're generous and say he's sufficiently advanced in his development to be of interest...he's entirely the wrong sort of defenceman for the Canucks. The last thing they need is another small puck mover.

But also, i don't see any reason the Flyers would make him available. Because he's a young defenceman who is tracking reasonably well.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I like York, but even if we're generous and say he's sufficiently advanced in his development to be of interest...he's entirely the wrong sort of defenceman for the Canucks. The last thing they need is another small puck mover.

But also, i don't see any reason the Flyers would make him available. Because he's a young defenceman who is tracking reasonably well.
I was thinking they get #11 for him to package with #7 move up to #5.

LegionOfGloom

Jun 9, 2021
I was thinking they get #11 for him to package with #7 move up to #5.
#7 and #11 to get to #5. Really just hilarious stuff. By morning Habs fans will have bid up the price (solely amongst yourselves) into #7, Hart, Konecny, Farabee, York, and Flyers 2024 1st.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Exactly. Teams don't reset the clock on a good young U25 Defenceman who is tracking well, by just shipping them out for a draft pick who is more years away. That doesn't make any sense.
Yep. You either get a guy that’s a bit long in the tooth and has some good years left, or you go for a younger guy that hasn’t broken out yet and hope he does for you with the right combination of opportunity and development.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
How is that a good value for Boston , have you looked at Carlos contract , Boeser is overpaid and the Bruins should not even attempt to take on that contract with cap issues. Frederic say what you want about him but he scored 17 goals last year all 5v5 goals ,look at Marner and Taveres 5v5 and remember Freddy played third line ,and I am not suggesting that Freddy is better than those two players but I just think the proposal made was like Freddy was a throw in . Bruins are not deep at center and Freddy is a center and I think his natural position..........
$4.1M for a defenseman who has never hit 20 points and has had numerous concussions...not nearly the bargain you make him out to be IMO. When he's on, he's an excellent defensive d-man but he also has long stretches where he is an error machine. I would gladly trade him for the #11 overall pick in a strong draft.

Frederic certainly exceeded expectations but is 17 goals the floor for him going forward or a fluke? His shooting percentage would suggest the latter but he also probably deserves more ice time than he got so I could see him hitting that number again in the future. But let's not forget he was a healthy scratch twice in the playoffs. Boeser's contract is rough (thus my comment about the cap) but Boeser is a significantly better hockey player than Trent Frederic. Lastly, I don't know how one could quantify it but I'd venture to guess that Frederic spent like 90% of the season on the wing. Maybe he'll play more center going forward but on what line? He's certainly not a top 6 center and he's not going to beat out Coyle for ice time anytime soon. So you wouldn't trade a 4th line center for a top 6, goal-scoring RW when Debrusk is a year away from UFA?

Both Bruins players, IMO, have more value around the league vs. what they actually do on the ice. Thus why I would be willing to trade them in order to upgrade the roster/pipeline.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Yep. You either get a guy that’s a bit long in the tooth and has some good years left, or you go for a younger guy that hasn’t broken out yet and hope he does for you with the right combination of opportunity and development.

Yeah. Either you're swapping premium pieces like a young Top-6C for a D...or you're dealing with an age imbalance with teams at different phases of competing.

Or you're gambling on guys who you think might be able to be more in a new situation. Or just straight up rolling the dice on a guy that isn't tracking well and another team has basically given up on. Which usually doesn't work out.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Unfortunately, Vancouver has again ignored the obvious need for a full out rebuild.
Instead, they are spending futures for the now.
So let’s go all in.

Available
11 overall
2 3rds
Hogs
Podz
Garland
Boeser
Pretty much any winger not name Kuz or Miller

Looking for <25 defensive dman to partner either Hughes or Hronek.
Would you trade 11 for Harris?

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Would you trade 11 for Harris?
The fact that as a Habs fan my first thought was a resounding yes makes me think this would be lopsided in MTLs favor...

#7 and #11 to get to #5. Really just hilarious stuff. By morning Habs fans will have bid up the price (solely amongst yourselves) into #7, Hart, Konecny, Farabee, York, and Flyers 2024 1st.
By all accounts, moving into the top tier is insanely expensive. Could just as well be #7 and #11 to get to #4 if SJ isn't sold on Michkov or Smith.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad