Golf: 117th United States Open Championship: June 15-18. Erin Hills.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
are they seriously threatening matsuyama with a time penalty on the sunday of a major? Seriously?

joke organization

Joke organization?

I wish they would drop the hammer more often. Some players are absolutely painfully slow (Jordan Spieth one of the more notable).

There will come a day...down the road...when maybe they throw these savants the proper dose they need. These guys are so skilled it's absurd how long some of them take.

Jan 3, 2012
Joke organization?

I wish they would drop the hammer more often. Some players are absolutely painfully slow (Jordan Spieth one of the more notable).

There will come a day...down the road...when maybe they throw these savants the proper dose they need. These guys are so skilled it's absurd how long some of them take.

Uh, yeah.

Every year it's something else they **** up

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
How about we let the best golfers be the best golfers and not penalize them for playing their games?

US Open has historically been the most difficult tournament to win, period. It's not supposed to be some toughened up Honda Classic.

If it's only once a year that even the pros have to suffer, if it should be any place it should be a US Open track.

Jan 3, 2012
US Open has historically been the most difficult tournament to win, period. It's not supposed to be some toughened up Honda Classic.

If it's only once a year that even the pros have to suffer, if it should be any place it should be a US Open track.

Yes it should be difficult and scoring should be high. What does that have to do with calling the clock?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Koepka/Fleetwood/Matsuyama/Fowler were my predicted top 4 going into the day. They were really the only ones up there who you would not consider fluke winners and most likely to hang on during the final day

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Koepka/Fleetwood/Matsuyama/Fowler were my predicted top 4 going into the day. They were really the only ones up there who you would not consider fluke winners and most likely to hang on during the final day

You think Thomas would be a fluke winner?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, its over. Lets not hear though for the next few weeks that Koepka's going to become a star like they say when everyone wins a major. The guy is 27, and has never been higher than 12th in the world. He's good, but not that good.

Jan 3, 2012
Yeah, its over. Lets not hear though for the next few weeks that Koepka's going to become a star like they say when everyone wins a major. The guy is 27, and has never been higher than 12th in the world. He's good, but not that good.

Yeah, no. Nobody thinks he is a star. He's no Thomas/Rahm/Matsuyama etc etc

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He is slightly younger with less tournament experience than most of those others. I thought he would probably fall out of it. He's actually done better than I expected.

True, he had a bad round, but its not like every younger golfer always just falls. Matsuyama's like a year older than Thomas, has been on the PGA Tour one year longer than Thomas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad