Golf: 117th United States Open Championship: June 15-18. Erin Hills.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Need a playoff to save this, this is brutal.

We hated Chambers Bay but at least we got a great final round (and really should've had a playoff)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Need a playoff to save this, this is brutal.

We hated Chambers Bay but at least we got a great final round (and really should've had a playoff)

People hated Chambers Bay, but all these golfers finished in the top 10.

Spieth, Johnson, Oosthuizen, Grace, Scott, Schwartzel, Snedeker, Day, McIlroy

Thats a good leaderboard, I don't know how anyone could argue that isn't what the USGA is shooting for.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Harman would be a major winner in the Simpson, Bradley, Dufner category, but probably even worse.

Koepka isn't a ton of a better major winner than Walker, who most people thought was a bad major winner.

Rickie, JT or Matsuyama.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Simpson and Dufner were both solid winners at the time. Bradley... not so much, you're right. Koepka is on that Walker tier as of now but he's young-ish and hasn't been around that long, so he'd be fine.

Pat with a solid 3 greens through 9 holes. 67th out of 68 who made the cut. Vomit-inducing.

Jan 3, 2012
Harman would be a major winner in the Simpson, Bradley, Dufner category, but probably even worse.

Koepka isn't a ton of a better major winner than Walker, who most people thought was a bad major winner.

Rickie, JT or Matsuyama.

Yeah but non-stars have to win majors. It's going to happen. Only stars won majors then you'd expect only stars to win regular tour events week in/week out when they play. In the end it's just another golf tournament.

I'd love to see Matsuyama contend but he's too far back with too few holes left I think.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Matsuyama gonna win.

The Japanese reporters will stop asking the good golfers in their press conferences if Matsuyama can win a major!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Unless someone else sets the course on fire in front of them, it looks like this is down to Harman and Koepka

Jan 3, 2012
are they seriously threatening matsuyama with a time penalty on the sunday of a major? Seriously?

joke organization

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
My boy Koepka...don't want to jinx him but he's the real deal. I used to get hammered back in my 20s (when I was a full blown drunk) and watch European Tour early in the morning whilst I got sloppy and so I saw him as one of very few Yanks on that tour and he always was a great player. Hope he can pull it out today.

What is it about Steve Sticker that we see so much of him everytime he plays?

You didn't know he was from WI? I thought every golf fan knew this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad