Prospect Info: 111th Overall (4th Round) Jeremy Swayman (G)

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
How long before swayman/vladar get their chances in the NHL? 2 years from now?

Vladar could be the back-up next year (I expect he'll be protected for expansion unless Rask signs an extension before season end). Swayman probably is a few years away. Figure at minimum he spends this year splitting time in Providence with Vladar and then next year he's the #1 in Providence. Depending on how that goes maybe he's up 2022-2023.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I would be shocked if Seattle takes Vladar this summer over their other options in our D.

When Halak leaves I don't see Boston resigning him. That is not to say Halak does not deserve another contract, it's not an indictment on his play or ability.
More of a testament to Vladar's who has done very well in his time in Providence and is ready to get his feet wet at back-up. Toss in his cheap price tag and
I am certain management will go forward with him next season in the NHL.

The real question is will the GM re-sign Tuukka or replace him with another Veteran. Rask may not want another contract, there is evidence to support that theory.
But minds can change and we really don't know where Rask is in his commitment to the Bruins or the NHL in general.

If Rask stays then I see Vladar at backup to get him much-needed experience. This would open up Providence for Swayman to get starter pro experience in the AHL.
If Rask retires or goes the UFA route then I see Sweeney trying to retain Halak and trying to hold the fort with a Vladar/Jaro tandem to buy Swayman time to mature.
If Sweeney wants to make another run with the core and Rask leaves then they could be in the market for a big-name goaltender, in which I still think Vladar is backup.

Swayman is 2 years out, IMO. Vladar is ready now, there just is no room for him outside of significant injury to Halak/Rask.

I also believe Rask will be back on a short deal(3 years?) which will bridge the gap for Swayman to be able to take over.

Vladar is a filler piece in the Bruins plan as I see it. No high expectations, so anything other than a solid backup NHL career would just be gravy.

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
His ELC expired at the end of last season _ was 4 years actually as the first year was an EL Slide.

This is the first year of a 3 year extension. And he will require waivers beginning next season.

Hey Dom,

Just curious as to what hockey sites you visit on a weekly basis? If you could let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

TIA

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Hey Dom,

Just curious as to what hockey sites you visit on a weekly basis? If you could let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

TIA

Besides my own?

CapFriendly - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps (I keep my own cap figures for the Bruins, I use them for other teams)
NHL Stats, History, Scores, & Records | Hockey-Reference.com (hockey-reference.com)
Providence Bruins Transactions 2020-21 Regular Season | TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League[URL='https://www.nhl.com/bruins/roster']Boston Bruins 2020 Roster | Boston Bruins (nhl.com)[/URL]

I use those 4 sites daily to keep track of roster moves/stats.

As for sites on a weekly basis? None. Unless someone posts a link here and I am genuinely interested in the topic, I don't read any on a regular basis.

I know you're probably going to ask "Really?" That's the truth.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Besides my own?

CapFriendly - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps (I keep my own cap figures for the Bruins, I use them for other teams)
NHL Stats, History, Scores, & Records | Hockey-Reference.com (hockey-reference.com)
Providence Bruins Transactions 2020-21 Regular Season | TheAHL.com | The American Hockey LeagueBoston Bruins 2020 Roster | Boston Bruins (nhl.com)

As for sites on a weekly basis? None. Unless someone posts a link here and I am genuinely interested in the topic, I don't read any on a regular basis.

you'd never post or reply fast enough in real time to make it worthwhile.... but we thank you for your insights on those you do, even if we disagree.....

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
you'd never post or reply fast enough in real time to make it worthwhile.... but we thank you for your insights on those you do, even if we disagree.....

Well, I retired back in November at the ripe old age of 59. Spent some quality time with my grandson, and seeing my son only has him twice a week, being cooped up with no hockey to attend the other 5 days and of course COVID, had me going out of my mind. So yesterday, I went back to work just for something to do.

So, you're lucky, You'll even get to see less of me here!!

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Well, I retired back in November at the ripe old age of 59. Spent some quality time with my grandson, and seeing my son only has him twice a week, being cooped up with no hockey to attend the other 5 days and of course COVID, had me going out of my mind. So yesterday, I went back to work just for something to do.

So, you're lucky, You'll even get to see less of me here!!
yea, it's been a rough couple of years....but we're glad you're still here

Reactions: PepeBostones

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
Besides my own?

Providence Bruins Transactions 2020-21 Regular Season | TheAHL.com | The American Hockey LeagueBoston Bruins 2020 Roster | Boston Bruins (nhl.com)

Thx a bunch Dom.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
His ELC expired at the end of last season _ was 4 years actually as the first year was an EL Slide.

This is the first year of a 3 year extension. And he will require waivers beginning next season.
Let's see if Sweeney tries to stuff him through waivers like Subban,

Not that Subban turned into anything, but he did fetch Vegas Lehner, so they did something right there.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I would be shocked if Seattle takes Vladar this summer over their other options in our D.

When Halak leaves I don't see Boston resigning him. That is not to say Halak does not deserve another contract, it's not an indictment on his play or ability.
More of a testament to Vladar's who has done very well in his time in Providence and is ready to get his feet wet at back-up. Toss in his cheap price tag and

The real question is will the GM re-sign Tuukka or replace him with another Veteran. Rask may not want another contract, there is evidence to support that theory.
But minds can change and we really don't know where Rask is in his commitment to the Bruins or the NHL in general.

If Rask stays then I see Vladar at backup to get him much-needed experience. This would open up Providence for Swayman to get starter pro experience in the AHL.
If Rask retires or goes the UFA route then I see Sweeney trying to retain Halak and trying to hold the fort with a Vladar/Jaro tandem to buy Swayman time to mature.
If Sweeney wants to make another run with the core and Rask leaves then they could be in the market for a big-name goaltender, in which I still think Vladar is backup.

Swayman is 2 years out, IMO. Vladar is ready now, there just is no room for him outside of significant injury to Halak/Rask.

I also believe Rask will be back on a short deal(3 years?) which will bridge the gap for Swayman to be able to take over.

Vladar is a filler piece in the Bruins plan as I see it. No high expectations, so anything other than a solid backup NHL career would just be gravy.

Spot on I think. Rask doesn't seem quite done yet and I really can't see him anywhere else but with the Bruins - he looks incredibly settled in Boston. Vladar will get his chance to sink or swim at NHL level as his backup next year. If he succeeds, terrific, if not then Swayman is next in line. By the time Rask retires, one way or another the Bruins should at least have a settled young backup goalie in position. It then just becomes a question as to whether they get really lucky and one of them turns into a fully-fledged starter.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

I can't tell you or anyone what to do with their money, but if I could, and Vegas has bets on it, I would tell you to put every penny you can get your hands on that not only will Rask play next season, but it will be with the Bruins.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I can't tell you or anyone what to do with their money, but if I could, and Vegas has bets on it, I would tell you to put every penny you can get your hands on that not only will Rask play next season, but it will be with the Bruins.

I love the sound of that.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Do you think the Bruins sign him before the expansion draft (so they have to protect him) or does he wait, to allow them to protect another younger goalie?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I fully expect Rask to be back next season and probably the one after that. The big question to me is what do they do with Jaro? Do they protect Vladar while Tuuka remains unsigned, then promote him to the backup role and let Halak go or do they try to get Jaro back for one more season? Could it be Swayman that steps into that backup role next season? Could be real interesting to see what transpires.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad