Prospect Info: 111th Overall (4th Round) Jeremy Swayman (G)

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
How the hell would fans know if any of these kids are good in school?

IIRC its a fan vote + 30 person committee. I'd guess that the "fan vote" counts as the 31st person. If true and the fan vote is 1 of 31 then I'd imagine it plays little role in who wins.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
49C27A84-6E17-42F8-A26F-7E01391B46F3.jpeg

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Whatever happens moving forward I think the Bruins have at least one excellent goalie in either Vladar, Keyser or Swayman

It will be interesting to see how it pans out in 2 years

Reactions: wintersej

aguineapig

Love the home whites. One of the best hockey jerseys in the world, IMO.

32951861_H25984603-720x445.jpg
These jerseys were everywhere up around here in the Walsh - Kariya era, ( maybe it was Bob Beers?). There were a bunch of kids who played roller hockey in a parking lot and they all wore 'em. I remember seeing the backs of them fly by when I used to try and skate with them.
Watched Swayman a bunch a times on the local Bangor channel and he is so technically sound. He is always square to the shooter. No wasted motion. Always cool and calm.
Always loved it when Cheevers would roam out of the net and stickhandle around a couple guys before flipping the puck into the crowd. Or watching Timmy do a couple barrel rolls while stopping a shot and a couple rebounds. But at my age not sure I can handle that excitement any more, this kid may be better for me than Geritol.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Good chance Rask walks away after contract up.Great year washed out broke him I think.Swayman a Bruin is lucky for us down the road

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
Bruins are amazing. When they needed a replacement for Thomas, Rask was here. In a few years when they need a replacement for Rask, Swayman (or maybe Kayser or Vlader, whichever one bubbles to the top) should be ready.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Which NHL players will stay in shape? It’s “weight and see” - The Boston Globe

Rask ponders his future

When I asked Rask his expectation for his future workload, the conversation shifted.

“I have one year left in the contract, so we’ll see if I even play,” he replied.

Is that a real possibility?

“We’ll see,” he said. “Always a possibility.”

Rask’s eight-year, $56 million contract expires after the 2020-21 season. It’s unclear how much the Bruins will be willing to commit to Halak, a pending unrestricted free agent. Halak’s age (35 in May) means his salary and bonuses will count against the cap. The Bruins are likely to let youngsters Dan Vladar, Jeremy Swayman, and Kyle Keyser vie for the Providence net this fall.

They may have a great need to sign Rask, who would be 34 in the fall of ‘21, to another deal.

If Rask doesn't want one, would he return to play in his native Finland?

“No. No, I wouldn’t,” he said.

Just be done with his career?

“Yeah. Family time.”

Rask’s two young daughters are in school here. He and his wife, Jasmiina, are expecting another.

“Just be home,” he said. “The wear and tear of the travel with two, almost three kids now, makes you think. I love to do it. But it’s tough.”

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I have watched this kid play 0 minutes but he feels like a prospect who, if all goes well, could be quite the catch

Everytime I read up about him from those here posting, seems like he had to make 40 saves. Might very well be the Rask succession plan if he develops on the right curve but I caution many here, we have all seen it before, especially for goalies and D men, when or how fast they are ready is a crapshoot

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Rask ponders his future

When I asked Rask his expectation for his future workload, the conversation shifted.

“I have one year left in the contract, so we’ll see if I even play,” he replied.

Rask’s eight-year, $56 million contract expires after the 2020-21 season. It’s unclear how much the Bruins will be willing to commit to Halak, a pending unrestricted free agent. Halak’s age (35 in May) means his salary and bonuses will count against the cap. The Bruins are likely to let youngsters Dan Vladar, Jeremy Swayman, and Kyle Keyser vie for the Providence net this fall.

They may have a great need to sign Rask, who would be 34 in the fall of ‘21, to another deal.

“Yeah. Family time.”

Rask’s two young daughters are in school here. He and his wife, Jasmiina, are expecting another.

“Just be home,” he said. “The wear and tear of the travel with two, almost three kids now, makes you think. I love to do it. But it’s tough.”

Good for Tuukka. Support him 100% in whatever he decides to do.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Rask ponders his future

“Yeah. Family time.”

Idk if I'm ready to see Tuuks call it a career. Easily my favorite player and a guy I've followed since his time in Finland. Good for him though to call it a career on his terms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad