Prospect Info: 111th Overall (4th Round) Jeremy Swayman (G)

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I have zero problem with management offering "too much" info.

Fredric turned out to be a pretty damn good pick despite the inital flak they took and the comment about being projected as a bottom six. Nothing wrong with taking the best guy on your board at the time and mentioning that there were people you had rated higher who were taken higher.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
This is when goalies should be taken. I'm very much in the "draft a goalie every draft" camp. If they're going to college it's basically your own farm team, doubt we see Swayman in Boston for a minimum of 4 years (if we're lucky), but it's a great stash play.

Love that he's going to Orono too.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Yes, more info is usually good.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._jack_studnicka_continues_oshawa_b_s_pipeline
Conroy usually has a lot of typos and number problems ((5-10-11 in 10 postseason games) --for example) but he has the quote about the goalie slightly different and I bolded it.

“We’re really excited about (Swayman), Bob Essensa (the B’s goalie coach) really liked and scouted him. Most of our staff was on board. We had targeted another goalie, but he went before our sixth pick,†said assistant general manager Scott Bradley.

So it would be one of: Kvaca, Senn, Eriksson Ek, Vomacka, Patera, or Holm.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
jeremy signed with boston today (as noted on the prospect thread). come a long way since
his draft year in 2017.

Reactions: lopey

Overreactor

Mar 17, 2020
Deletedville
Great pic at the signing. Develop and battle. We heard how promising Keyser is. Now we hear that his injuries are a concern. Glad they drafted Swayman, too. Glad he signed.

Overreactor

Mar 17, 2020
Deletedville
All right, this avatar does not quite seem becoming, but it gives an idea. Hope it can be seen. Was looking forward to lots of over-reacting. Good luck, all. Stay safe. Go Bruins!

Reactions: BMC

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
So, where does he play next season?

Have to figure Vladar is going to be tabbed as the starter and take on a starter's workload. The Bruins also seem to enjoy starting their goaltenders off in the ECHL, but with Keyser's lost season, you'd think he'll be repeating down there and I don't see them sending someone to the ECHL to be a backup.

I imagine camp, if one actually ever happens, will sort everything out. But it'll be strange having a highish pedigree goalie starting 20 games as a backup.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Just read through this thread again (since it was 2 pages) and half of it seems like people complaining about the wording management used about Swayman lol.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I saw him on NESN a few times this year. He looked good to me FWIW- seemed technically sound and calm out there. Still quite young though and there's plenty of time for him to develop.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If the season re-starts I wonder if Swayman gets some games in or if they have him hanging around the B's group. With Vladar, Keyser and Legace in Providence, I imagine he wouldn't see games in Providence.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If the season re-starts I wonder if Swayman gets some games in or if they have him hanging around the B's group. With Vladar, Keyser and Legace in Providence, I imagine he wouldn't see games in Providence.

Keyser is in the ECHL to my knowledge. (Big) IF the season does restart, I wouldn't be opposed to giving Vladar some games in the NHL (rest Rask) and going with Swayman/Lagace in Providence for that time.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Keyser is in the ECHL to my knowledge. (Big) IF the season does restart, I wouldn't be opposed to giving Vladar some games in the NHL (rest Rask) and going with Swayman/Lagace in Providence for that time.

Is he? I thought he was back up with Providence because he had 1GP for Atlanta this year. Not sure I'd give Rask rest TBH. Again (BIG) IF the season starts up again, it probably isn't until July. At that point Rask is looking at 3-4 months off and I'd think to knock the rust off and get ready for the playoffs, you'd want to run him out a bit more and get back into his flow.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Swayman is one of the top 10 finalist for the Hobey Baker. Fan vote from the 3/19 to 3/29 and winner announced on 4/10

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad