Post-Game Talk: 11/7/17 | Canucks 5 @ Flames 3

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i don't see calgary dealing bennett to us. any risk no matter how slight of a rejuvinated bennett on a line with granlund and baertschi would not be worth the return.

Master Radishes

Nov 29, 2011
It was something I was curious about early this season as I remembered Desjardins approach when he first got here. Then the Rangers brought it to a halt in one game.
I haven't been able to closely follow the Canucks over the past couple of years. Any chance you can elaborate on what the Rangers did?

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Some quotes from Ryan Johnson on goldy and it might explain their process with him.

Seems to me they want to get goldobins two way game to where they are comfortable then send him up for good. I think he could be really effective in greens system

Johnson on Goldobin : "people see the offense, I see the details in his game that are getting better." #Canucks

Johnson : "Nick needs to play a big block of games and when he gets called up, I don't want to see him ever again in Utica." #Canucks

Yeah? Good for Johnson. He sees the details in Goldy's game and he doesn't want to ever see him again once he goes up. That's a good stance to take.

Now, how about what does he see when he looks at the 4 lines on the ice every night for his Comets? He should find the one glaring hole that doesn't require a fine eye or the minute introspection of a hockey mind. He should see what the most casual of his fan base is seeing, his forwards have NO CENTERS!!!!!! He should also see vets that could make his team better sitting in the stands. Maybe trade some of them since they are of no use watching to acquire some center help.

I have a suggestion for him. Either get these obvious problems fixed or we don't really want to see him around here ever again either. No reason to be here if he can't see obvious problems and do the job he was hired to do. At least that's what the definition of his job title is, GM.We should at least see some indication that he is trying to do something to address the issues.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
I haven't been able to closely follow the Canucks over the past couple of years. Any chance you can elaborate on what the Rangers did?

When WD came in he had his defense playing aggressively and pinching a lot. Canucks played the Rangers on HNIC. from the outset the rangers were breaking the zone early and it resulted in a bunch of oddman rushes and breakaways in the first 10 minutes. was 3-0 seven minutes in. The canucks adjusted but their style changed long-term.

Reactions: Master Radishes

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
When WD came in he had his defense playing aggressively and pinching a lot. Canucks played the Rangers on HNIC. from the outset the rangers were breaking the zone early and it resulted in a bunch of oddman rushes and breakaways in the first 10 minutes. was 3-0 seven minutes in. The canucks adjusted but their style changed long-term.

Wasn't it a super early start? I seem to recall eating breakfast during that onslaught. Kreider hatty?

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Granlund injured..Gaunce in...Marky starts..

Ok so to be clear, there's no way Granlunds name will come up during the game right?

giphy.gif

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Granlund injured..Gaunce in...Marky starts..

Wonder if slides right into Granland's LW spot... and right onto the PK...

Gaunce-Sutter-Dorsett is kinda where I envisioned him...
Turn that line completely into a one-way line.

How great would it be to see Gaunce score tonight... this board would go nuts!

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I was so sure that Bennett was going to be a stud. Similar frame to Kesler, and a similar bite to his game too. Glad I was wrong on that one, but too bad to see a good young player like that stagnate so badly.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I was so sure that Bennett was going to be a stud. Similar frame to Kesler, and a similar bite to his game too. Glad I was wrong on that one, but too bad to see a good young player like that stagnate so badly.

He's definitely not 18 yr old Sam Bennett anymore.

From this pic, he already looks like he's past his prime.
sam-bennett-2018-43.jpg

*looks at Sam Bennett's stats* YUP.. theory checks out.

Every player is different and has their individual development curves.
Bennett's was just a very quick one.

Here's a clip from his prime:

:naughty:

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016

Who knew his kryptonite would be that 19th candle.

Reactions: Jack Burton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad