GDT: 11/7/13 - Minnesota Wild @ Washington Capitals - 6:00PM CST - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
No. The Vikings have a game scheduled tonight. Big difference.

LOL And Ponder is in there because why bother checking out Freeman? I mean, spending a couple million on him and benching him for Ponder is the right thing to do! :shakehead

I feel so sorry for AP.

Go Wild!

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
LOL And Ponder is in there because why bother checking out Freeman? I mean, spending a couple million on him and benching him for Ponder is the right thing to do! :shakehead

I feel so sorry for AP.

Go Wild!

Vikes really botched the whole Freeman thing. Should not have started him as early as they did. His 1st start should've been last week at the earliest.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

I feel so sorry for AP.

Go Wild!

Get him fully up to speed on the system and playbook, have him train his ass off, and give him a multi-game tryout near the end of the season. If he looks good, give him a one year prove it deal.

And yeah, I continue to be sorry for AP. I really hope the Vikings can bring themselves to trade him to a contender in the offseason. It will be absolutely criminal if he never gets a ring.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
On the other hand, this season's toast. They played the Freeman thing perfectly.

Not really. If the plan was to get a QB for the hell of it than yeah, they played it perfectly. If the plan was to evaluate Freeman to see if he could be our QB going forward they shouldn't have played him when he clearly was not up to speed with the playbook and the receivers.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I thought the plan was to pretend to attempt to rectify the hopeless quarterback situation to draw in viewers, with no real intention of improving anything so continuing the pretense stands a chance at working next week too.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Wild does a good job at shutting down star player teams like the caps, but the bottom 6 of those teams always decide how the game goes, i expect a great defensive effort all game.

wild win 4-2

Parise, Poms x2, Cooke empty netter

Ovi, Ward.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
Just got to thinking. Our thrift shop basically is NYI? Good **** for cheap and we dump our garbage there :laugh:

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Vikes really botched the whole Freeman thing. Should not have started him as early as they did. His 1st start should've been last week at the earliest.

Exactly. They totally botched it up. Now, they are acting like Freeman screwed up or who knows what the heck they are doing. I can't believe they sent Freeman to NY (no matter how bad the Giants are, NY/NJ is always a tough place to play, especially at night nationally covered) and forced him to pass so much, too. This entire situation is so weird.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Get him fully up to speed on the system and playbook, have him train his ass off, and give him a multi-game tryout near the end of the season. If he looks good, give him a one year prove it deal.

Precisely what I think they should do, too. Just watch... they will get rid of him and he'll go sign somewhere else and get back to where he was a couple years ago.

And yeah, I continue to be sorry for AP. I really hope the Vikings can bring themselves to trade him to a contender in the offseason. It will be absolutely criminal if he never gets a ring.

I know it. He's such a nice guy, I doubt he'd even force a trade but there is going to come a time where they have to do something to help AP so he gets a chance for the ring, whether that's here or somewhere else. They better not disrespect him.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I was listening to KFAN on my drive home on Tuesday night and listened to the X's and O's segment with Leslie Frazier and PA around 6:30pm. I know it's a segment to hype the Vikings but PA was absolutely shameless in his butt-kissing of Frazier. You'd think the Vikings were 7-1 instead of 1-7 with all the softball questions and fluff answers being thrown around in that "interview". Not to mention, they limit the Wild "pre-game show" to about 5 minutes long so they can squeeze that 20-25 minute long segment into the schedule.

/endrant

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Fixed up the GDT.

My future GDTs will probably be totally different and contain more info as well.

I think the Wild will win this, but it will be a close game.

OpRedDawn*

Can't stand that Paul Allen guy, or any radio people for that matter. Loudmouth blowhards.

It is pretty criminal how under represented the Wild typically are in this state. I just really hope the wolves stay garbage so at least some of those ignorant fans will realize how superior hockey and the Wild are

NHLPodium

Dec 5, 2012
Can't stand that Paul Allen guy, or any radio people for that matter. Loudmouth blowhards.

Paul Allen is really down to earth and nice. Have you listened to his penalty box show before home games? Best hockey radio you'll hear.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
Shows you how much more popular of a league NFL is compered to NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad