GDT: 11/7/13 - Minnesota Wild @ Washington Capitals - 6:00PM CST - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
Granlund ~65% in FEL in shootouts and 100% in Finland national team. Yeo has given him 0 opportunities in shootouts. :shakehead Otherwise, he was hot player there tonight so he would have deserved the shot.

Yeah, especially after watching Coyle fan on a couple shots, I wanna see granny in that situation.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I actually thought we were leaving the nations Capital without a point so I am very happy with a point. Sure, we should have won that game and it's ridiculous we didn't. The second we killed that very last PP we should have aggressively and intellectually closed out the game, getting the 2 points. But what can we do? We got one and suck in shoot outs. We'll learn from our mistakes. I take a glance at the standings and I'm very content over where we're at! We are doing just fine. I just can't wait to officially hear today that Zach is really okay.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Granlund ~65% in FEL in shootouts and 100% in Finland national team. Yeo has given him 0 opportunities in shootouts. :shakehead Otherwise, he was hot player there tonight so he would have deserved the shot.

the what? 100% in national? i think he missed one at eht and also in world championship bronze medal game against usa. also in world junior championship semi final against sweden.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Had a bad feeling about the game. Thought Harding was going to get shelled and yanked. Wild got a point, which is good.

The team though is not moving the puck out of their end well. Dunno if it's Brodin's bubble, injuries to defense, depth on defense, or what.

Top line has been better, including Koivu. He's pulling the trigger again on shots. Good to see Coyle get a goal as well.

Wild have to pick up their play if they want to stay afloat here.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Altough he's been worse since 2011 or so and Russo says he isn't scoring in shootout-drills. I wouldn't put that much weight on the latter part, tho, he's known to practice new moves etc. in drills. Game situations are completely different, you have to be able to handle the pressure and so on.

If he's not successful in practice, what basis does a coach have to stick him in for the real thing?

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
If he's not successful in practice, what basis does a coach have to stick him in for the real thing?

Granlund never has been and never will be good at shootouts in practices. Yeo is just going to have to trust him, and I'm sure he eventually will. Besides, the team has gone 0 for 7 in shootout attempts thus far, it's not like he could do any worse.

MNhockey19

Jul 10, 2011
Minnesota
I love how the caps fans are complaining about clutch and grab when they did the exact same thing behind the net when holtby robbed fontaine and another time granlund dumped the puck in and they interfered with him for about 15 feet. I'm not defending the wild though:laugh:

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
I went into the game thinking we would get crushed, but after watching it I was disappointed we lost. The Capitals are awful 5 on 5. We were out working them pretty much the whole game.

Just have to chalk it up as another game where we control most of the game and find a way to lose.

Need two points in Carolina. 3 out of the 4 on the road isn't bad.

So far 13/17 games with points. Definitely a good percentage until you look at the other Western Conference teams. Crazy how good the west is.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I love how the caps fans are complaining about clutch and grab when they did the exact same thing behind the net when holtby robbed fontaine and another time granlund dumped the puck in and they interfered with him for about 15 feet. I'm not defending the wild though:laugh:

They're complaining about 'clutch and grab' because they like half the damn league can't get the Lemaire era out of their damn heads. They've seen the Wild play at best 2-3 times in the past few years and think the Wild is still a 'trap' based team. Seems usually only the fans of teams in our division figure it out. And it still takes them a few seasons to draw that conclusion.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
They're complaining about 'clutch and grab' because they like half the damn league can't get the Lemaire era out of their damn heads. They've seen the Wild play at best 2-3 times in the past few years and think the Wild is still a 'trap' based team. Seems usually only the fans of teams in our division figure it out. And it still takes them a few seasons to draw that conclusion.

iKb5MgiBDTWpm.gif

Referee even watched the whole damn thing happen.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
iKb5MgiBDTWpm.gif

Feel free to .gif all Washington's picks, especially the one that was more than blatant and led to your 2nd goal. Or are you afraid that there's more and your argument would be invalid?

Oh, and dives. Please .gif them too.

You guys are the Vancouver of the East. Deal with it.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
iKb5MgiBDTWpm.gif

I'm confused, why are you on the Wild board? Let people **** and moan about things from their own respective boards. You guys had plenty of dives/pick. The difference is yours lead to a goal(actually 2 if you consider Ovie's dive for a penalty) for you. :shakehead

mnwild*

Jul 22, 2011
Nairobi, Kenya
I'm confused, why are you on the Wild board? Let people **** and moan about things from their own respective boards. You guys had plenty of dives/pick. The difference is yours lead to a goal(actually 2 if you consider Ovie's dive for a penalty) for you. :shakehead

lol this board gets butthurt way to easily. he has a point...

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Had a bad feeling about the game. Thought Harding was going to get shelled and yanked. Wild got a point, which is good.

The team though is not moving the puck out of their end well. Dunno if it's Brodin's bubble, injuries to defense, depth on defense, or what.

Top line has been better, including Koivu. He's pulling the trigger again on shots. Good to see Coyle get a goal as well.

Wild have to pick up their play if they want to stay afloat here.

I was positive in comments, but deep down I though the same way. Had a teririble feeling for this game, glad we played good for most of it and still got a point.

This team needs to improve in shootouts.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
lol this board gets butthurt way to easily. he has a point...

Well clearly we get what he is saying but it's not just happening to them. It's happening to others to and it's costing teams games. Why complain about one specific play when his team got away with two of their own? :help:

WildFinn*

Shootouts are one of the smallest concerns but trying new guys would be nice, Granlund, Nino, Fontaine should go next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad