Post-Game Talk: 11/6/19 | #13 red wings @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
What kind of bad habits?

Essentially, trying to do too much all over the ice. Which has them taking more chances with the puck, puts them out of position defensively at times, leads to more turnovers, and far too often, leaves more open ice for opposing teams.

If the team had a tighter D system, with better puck support and focused on shutting down the middle of the ice consistently, then our D would develop more confidence in D coverage and making simpler plays. Right now, they're relying too heavily on anticipation and it's very susceptible to D breakdowns.

To boil it down, its the difference between the Edmonton Oilers of the past 5 years and the Oilers of this year. And to go one step further: rebuilds happen from the goalie out. But if the systems don't support the proper development of the Goalies and the D in their own zone, then rebuild may never translate into a successful NHL team even with all the talent in the world.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
The grit is not what lost. The lack of push back when the tide started to turn did.

Not knowing when to not fight started the tide. Nothing wrong with grit but engaging in stupid fights when your team is dominating the ice against a team who got nothing to loose is not the way to go.

Reactions: belford22

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
What kind of bad habits?
Chasing the puck carrier below the goal line allowing opposition to cheat towards the slot area

An extreme passivity on the point when being forechecked to death (I know this isn't defense but I had to throw it in there)

Generally very poor structure in the neutral zone that usually results in easy entries

They give too much time for opposing defenses to set up so their passes usually go to a covered player or one in a bad position that forces a dump in they weren't ready for. I feel like TDA & Fox generally don't do this but you shouldn't have to be an exceptional puck mover to be adequate.

Very, very poor support on the attack which has been an issue since the president's trophy season.

I could go on but I meant to post this two hours ago lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad