Post-Game Talk: 11/6/19 | #13 red wings @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
If anything, i tend to be way more forgiving than most with our dmen. I remember endlessly going to bat for Rosival and others through the years.

Brady Skjei is flaming trash. Best case scenario is that he plays well enough to hold down the fort until some prospects develop, and then Seattle kindly takes him off our hands.

That, or someone makes a bad trade right now, rolling the dice that he still has #1D potential.

We will agree to disagree.
Take a look around the league at some 2nd pairing D. Just watch them more than just highlights. You will gain more of an appreciation for Brady.

Reactions: egelband

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Strome and Panarin seem to have good chemistry right now. When Mika's back in the lineup maybe we should put him with Kakko and either Kreider or Lemieux. Chytil plays with Buch or Kreider/Lemieux.

Kreider - Zibanejad - Buchnevich
Panarin - Chytil - Strome (until Kakko is ready)
Lemieux - Howden - Kakko
Smith - Andersson - Fast

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Also frustrated to go through 3 pages in post-game thread rehashing Strome discussion. His play should be silencing critics, what else is there to say? It’s not like the Rangers will need to chose between him and Chytil for who should be the team’s 2C long-term. But his versatility (on multiple levels) and other attributes definitely make him a valuable commodity going forward if the price is right.

Speaking of 2C for the future I think this was Chytil’s best game as a Ranger ever, not just this season. I’m not exaggerating - I don’t remember him making so many right plays in a single game all over the ice.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Where did you gather that from? He is good defensively, plays the pk, great on faceoffs, plays pp and has a bit of grit to his game, can play wing or center all while getting a point a game. If Hayes was doing the same thing people would be looking for the Hart in NY. Unreal.

JMHO, but I also think that Strome is fairly weak individually,

He really gets to play to his strengths with Panarin and on any line he is on, he gets those easy RHS center easy slam dunks by just going to the net when his line plays well.

But I would certainly prefer AB option that was stronger at driving the puck up ice. That is what has held Strome back his entire career.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Looking at the last 4 games, this team has made progress. Beat a couple of good teams in Tampa and Nashville, Kakko had one of his best games against Ottawa even if the rest of the team fell asleep on them and got beat, but then the Rangers beat Detroit the way they should have with a 5-1 score. DeAngelo is getting better, Fox is looking better and better, Chytil has improved. Panarin is as advertised. Strome is picking up the top center duties with Mika out, and even CK has looked better as well. Hank is having a solid season and is right around his career save%, had a great game last night. So all is well in Rangers town. I'm happy. Just gotta keep it up.

Reactions: Siddi and jas

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
JMHO, but I also think that Strome is fairly weak individually,

He really gets to play to his strengths with Panarin and on any line he is on, he gets those easy RHS center easy slam dunks by just going to the net when his line plays well.

But I would certainly prefer AB option that was stronger at driving the puck up ice. That is what has held Strome back his entire career.

Granted Strome can't make his linemates better, e.g. he couldn't by himself raise underperforming Kreider and inexperienced Kakko, but he can compliment Panarin (or Buch) when in top-6, or he could play physical game when he was in a bottom-6 role.

IMHO he's a better option for top-6 than Namestnikov and about the same for the bottom-6. Similar take when compared to Fast (though Fast is probably better bottom-6er) but Strome can play any forward position.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Even if we drop in draft orders most mocks have Stutzle going around 8-12. Would be more than happy with that pick. And use the first rounder we get for Kreider to draft a high volume shooting wing.

TheTimTamSlammerMan

Jul 29, 2011
Long Island
Haven't watched the past couple of games, bu I'm loving how gritty this team is. We know they weren't gonna be great this year, but at least they aren't taking shit from other teams.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Imagine if Strome actually ends up finishing the season with 80 points.
Well if he's got 60 or so by deadline, he better be traded. We are not paying him for an 80 point season next year.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Also frustrated to go through 3 pages in post-game thread rehashing Strome discussion. His play should be silencing critics, what else is there to say? It’s not like the Rangers will need to chose between him and Chytil for who should be the team’s 2C long-term. But his versatility (on multiple levels) and other attributes definitely make him a valuable commodity going forward if the price is right.

Speaking of 2C for the future I think this was Chytil’s best game as a Ranger ever, not just this season. I’m not exaggerating - I don’t remember him making so many right plays in a single game all over the ice.

he was tremendous last night in all zones

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
A few thoughts after last night's game:
- Howard was terrible. 2 of the 4 he let in were bad. McKegg and Kreider were soft. Strome's was flukey. D'Angelo's was maybe the most legit goal.
- We played a terrible team and it still felt like Lundqvist had to make too many big saves. Our D system gives up too much space in the middle of the ice.
- I'd like see Lindgren back in and paired with Trouba. Trouba's game has fallen off a bit and Lindgren is the most steady Left D we have.
- Really frustrating to see Hajek's game slowly morphing into Brady Sjkei's game over the last week. I'm very concerned with our ability to develop D at the NHL level right now.
- did that flukey terrible McKegg goal doom Lias Andersson for the next week? Or will he get back in tonight? But seriously, McKegg's speed is very noticeable. If he stopped being so jittery with the puck, his speed would be an even bigger factor.
- Imagine how much D'Angelo would get paid if his D zone coverage was better...
- If/When the Rangers trade Kreider, they will need to add other speedy forwards to the team.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
It's really disheartening to see that all of our D have similar bad habits that don't seem to be improving. This was apparent in their other two wins also.

I would really love to get Ruff the f*** away from this team. Every established defenseman has taken a step back under him besides DeAngelo.

Reactions: Siddi and leetch99

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
It's really disheartening to see that all of our D have similar bad habits that don't seem to be improving. This was apparent in their other two wins also.

I would really love to get Ruff the **** away from this team. Every established defenseman has taken a step back under him besides DeAngelo.

What kind of bad habits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad