ADA for getting us the lead
The King for holding it
McKegg for crushing their spirits

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I’m still not convinced. Fool’s gold. He’s nowhere near as good as the points say he is, but he’s also nowhere near as bad as some posters would like to believe.

I guess the question is, why does he have to be as good as the points say?

They don’t count any less. There are other guys who aren’t getting them.

I think we almost resent his success in a way. Because he’s not the guy we wanted to succeed. We don’t have any fun fantasy projections tied to him. He wasn’t supposed to do this. It was supposed to be easy to make jokes about him.

Sometimes we can be really fickle about which guys we root for. Yeah we claim that we want them to succeed because they play for our team, but deep down we don’t.

Let’s be honest with ourselves. Sometimes we’re a bunch of grown ass men who act like the mean girls in high school. It is what it is.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Imagine if Strome actually ends up finishing the season with 80 points.

Maybe not, but 50-60 points is realistic and those are 2C numbers on any team. I’m not even a huge Strome fan but find myself defending him. He has stepped up with Mika out.

Reactions: NCRanger

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

I think we almost resent his success in a way. Because he’s not the guy we wanted to succeed. We don’t have any fun fantasy projections tied to him. He wasn’t supposed to do this. It was supposed to be easy to make jokes about him.

Sometimes we can be really fickle about which guys we root for. Yeah we claim that we want them to succeed because they play for our team, but deep down we don’t.

Let’s be honest with ourselves. Sometimes we’re a bunch of grown ass men who act like the mean girls in high school. It is what it is.

people think that the Rangers "will be fooled" , and signing him will impede the signing of a player the fans like more.

There is always a behind the scenes feeling with the odd hate, and it's almost always fabricated and hilariously sophomoric in regard to how they assume the Rangers brass makes decisions.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I’m still not convinced. Fool’s gold. He’s nowhere near as good as the points say he is, but he’s also nowhere near as bad as some posters would like to believe.

He scored nearly 20 goals last year which people said was a fluke. He's a bottom 6 forward being forced into a top 6 role and has not looked out of place and has continued to produce. I seriously don't understand what people expect from him.

Reactions: Kallio

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey

Haha yea I agree with that last part, but Strome isn’t a great player. As a 3C yes, but right now he hasn’t proven to me that he’s a regular top 6 player. And I try to be as objective as possible and not just go along with everyone. I’m pretty open-minded. I will come around on Strome if he proves me wrong. I never hated him like some people on here. I want him to succeed. But I’m not going to like it if/when he demands 6 mil/year after the season ends.

Last edited:
Reactions: akmuo33

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

not only why does it matter...but also how long can it continue before people stop saying its a fluke? threw almost a full season as a ranger he's been really good...its not like he didn't have talent as a former 5th overall pick.

reminds of when grabner had 27 goals in 76 games and it was a fluke and would never happen again and then he followed it up with 25 in 59

and why do I feel like if strome had gone to another team and did this the narrative would be that he always had the potential and is finally putting things together and JG was asleep at the wheel when he was available...

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
There were people saying that it was a mistake for Gorton to not buy out Strome during the offseason. He's now tied with Panarin as our leading point getter. Funny how things work out.

panarin leads with 14 points in 13 games...strome with 13 in 13. but point remains the same

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Haha yea I agree with that last part, but Strome isn’t a great player. As a 3C yes, but right now he hasn’t proven to me that he’s a top 6 player. And I try to be as objective as possible and not just go along with everyone. I’m pretty open-minded. I will come around on Strome if he proves me wrong. I never hated him like some people on here. I want him to succeed. But I’m not going to like it if/when he demands 6 mil/year after the season ends.

At the end of the day, to net 50 points over an 80 game span, you gotta be doing something right.

I mean maybe he’s benfitting from some amazing linemates, but he’s still making the most of it. Success is not a given. I mean there are plenty of guys who aren’t scoring at this rate, with or without linemate assistance.

We’re not talking just a 10 game stretch at this point, it’s more than 70 games where he’s been one of our most productive players. I think since he joined the team only Zibanejad has more points.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Haha yea I agree with that last part, but Strome isn’t a great player. As a 3C, yes, but right now he hasn’t proven to me that he’s a regular top 6 player. And I try to be as objective as possible and not just go along with everyone. I’m pretty open-minded. I will come around on Strome if he proves me wrong. I never hated him like some people on here. I want him to succeed. But I’m not going to like it if/when he demands 6 mil/year after the season ends.

You say that because he doesn't have any razzle dazzle. He just goes out and does it. He does it with a very steady eddie mentality.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
not only why does it matter...but also how long can it continue before people stop saying its a fluke? threw almost a full season as a ranger he's been really good...its not like he didn't have talent as a former 5th overall pick.

reminds of when grabner had 27 goals in 76 games and it was a fluke and would never happen again and then he followed it up with 25 in 59

and why do I feel like if strome had gone to another team and did this the narrative would be that he always had the potential and is finally putting things together and JG was asleep at the wheel when he was available...
Because this has all the signs of a fluke. High shooting percentage, playing alongside elite talent, never produced like this before, and he’s already 26. What’s more logical? He took a huge step in development at age 26, or a fluke? It’s not like these things don’t happen. Conor Sheary, Ty Rattie, Ryan Spooner, and Vladislav Namestnikov are just some of the names that come to mind, and that’s barely the tip of the iceberg.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Or what if the trade was reversed and we acquired Spooner for Strome, and he was doing this for Edmonton. People would be having kittens on this board.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
He scored nearly 20 goals last year which people said was a fluke. He's a bottom 6 forward being forced into a top 6 role and has not looked out of place and has continued to produce. I seriously don't understand what people expect from him.
No, this is good. I want him to keep producing, but as I mentioned above, this has all the signs of a fluke. And I don’t want to pay for that. Nonetheless, he’s nowhere near as bad as some people say. I’ll meet you guys in the middle and say he’s a solid 3C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad