GDT: 11/27/15 - 5:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Washington

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Yeah, that was that, and that's what happens when you don't cover Ovi, someone should tell the Bolts that Ovi's one-timers are almost more deadly than Stammersd and he doesn't shot the puck wide and out of play as much as Stammer does.

JS91

May 14, 2014
How did they leave the lane THAT open. Even JT Brown could have hit that pass if the lane is that open no problem..

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Cooper's Thought Bubble: "Every other coach in the league plays Ovi so hard they try to boil the PP down to a 4-on-3... So I'll leave Ovi wide open, thus turning it into a 4-on-4. Genius."

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
WTF Garrison. Should've been covering that lane.

LOL.

Blaming Garrison is equivalent to blaming Vasy. How about the other forward doesn't sniff forward #2 and dman #2's ass? We had 3 guys sucked in a vortex and Garrison was alone. **** coverage all around but it's not on Garrison.

PP goal. Ovechkin goal. Nothing new. This team always kills us. Except 2011 ;)

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
How did they leave the lane THAT open. Even JT Brown could have hit that pass if the lane is that open no problem..

It's funny because he unleashed three shots from there before. Pathetic PK.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
That goal brought to you by Jon Cooper, Genius

Doesn't Bowness run the PK? That's on the players for not paying any attention to the most dangerous player on the ice. They just let him skate onto his own little island and ripped his 3rd shot of the PP for a goal.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
You know, if I thought that Cooper might watch the Caps PP and learned something about both how to play PP (I like the way the Caps players moved out there and the way whenever they had the puck 4 out of 5 guys got close around the net) but also how to play PK when you go up against a player like Ovi but we all know he won't do any of this.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Cooper's Thought Bubble: "Every other coach in the league plays Ovi so hard they try to boil the PP down to a 4-on-3... So I'll leave Ovi wide open, thus turning it into a 4-on-4. Genius."

Yeah because he played jedi mind tricks and forced 3 guys on one side covering two guys, leaving Garrison and only Garrison to cover him.

The Cooper hate is such **** when you guys grasp at straws. Wtf does Cooper sending his PK unit out there pin the blame on him? Yeaj, I'm SURE he said, "leave Ovechkin WIDE OPEN." Cause that's how hockey coaches work right? Get a grip.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Doesn't Bowness run the PK? That's on the players for not paying any attention to the most dangerous player on the ice. They just let him skate onto his own little island and ripped his 3rd shot of the PP for a goal.

When every unit played it the same way, leaving him WIDE open, the directive is coming from the coaching staff. Whether that's Coop or Bowness, there was clearly a plan to leave Ovi alone and pressure the other four.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah because he played jedi mind tricks and forced 3 guys on one side covering two guys, leaving Garrison and only Garrison to cover him.

The Cooper hate is such **** when you guys grasp at straws. Wtf does Cooper sending his PK unit out there pin the blame on him? Yeaj, I'm SURE he said, "leave Ovechkin WIDE OPEN." Cause that's how hockey coaches work right? Get a grip.

It wasn't like he was left wide open for that split second. He was left open through multiple line changes and at least one whistle, even after he'd had 2-3 clear looks. Looked a hell of a lot like a strategy to me.

Either that, or somebody's not screaming enough on the bench that arguably the best pure goal-scorer in history spent 2 minutes with nobody near him.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I'm guessing this is another one of those games where the players will be relying on the goalie (Vasy) to bail them out and keep it a one goal game why they hope for a lucky bounce to go into the other teams net while then hope to get at least one point out of this game.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
When every unit played it the same way, leaving him WIDE open, the directive is coming from the coaching staff. Whether that's Coop or Bowness, there was clearly a plan to leave Ovi alone and pressure the other four.

This whole thing just makes me sick. Ovechkin can live on an island the entire PP without a guy in his face. Stamkos one the other hand is lucky to see a pass get to him because the point man gets the jitters every time he has the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad