GDT: 11/27/15 - 5:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Washington

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
It wasn't like he was left wide open for that split second. He was left open through multiple line changes and at least one whistle, even after he'd had 2-3 clear looks. Looked a hell of a lot like a strategy to me.

Either that, or somebody's not screaming enough on the bench that arguably the best pure goal-scorer in history spent 2 minutes with nobody near him.
He had like 4 shots, 2 went kr 3, boyle got a piece of one. He and the Caps do this to just about every team. Does everyone forget how Stamkos scored? He used to do the same and it worked, get open or they open it up for him.

Coaching or not, players don't just go, "ok since coach said otherwise I won't bother covering the best goal scorer in the league." Then skate away...coaching can't fix 3 morons on one side.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I missed the first few minutes but where the hell is TyJo ?? I haven't seen him and Killorn and Kucherov are with Flip.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He had like 4 shots, 2 went kr 3, boyle got a piece of one. He and the Caps do this to just about every team. Does everyone forget how Stamkos scored? He used to do the same and it worked, get open or they open it up for him.

Coaching or not, players don't just go, "ok since coach said otherwise I won't bother covering the best goal scorer in the league." Then skate away...coaching can't fix 3 morons on one side.

Yes, coaching can fix three morons.

Ovi spent 2 minutes wide open. Guys were scrambling once he got the puck, but our PK looked nothing like a normal PK vs. Washington, where you see a guy trying to eliminate Ovi at all times.

If it was the players making the mistake in the first 30 seconds, fine. I can buy that. But it's a correction Cooper/Bowness has to make. And if the team is blatantly ignoring him, somebody should be glued to the bench.

I get that Ovi just flat-out beats PKs. He's done that to us. But that's not what we just saw. We just saw a PK pretend he wasn't even there.

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
This whole thing just makes me sick. Ovechkin can live on an island the entire PP without a guy in his face. Stamkos one the other hand is lucky to see a pass get to him because the point man gets the jitters every time he has the puck.

This

Kucherov is an improvement on Filppula at the half wall, but we need a right hand point shot. Hasn't changed since last year

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Why do we always pull the puck back into our own end? I mean I get trying to get control but things like what just happened (that they turn the puck over) are just as big of a chance of happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad