3 'Stars' of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Nah we need Newark to win and put up some points before their lottery luck strikes again

I want them to lose a bunch so that Hall gets frustrated and is 100% gone then win just enough to miss the playoffs and secure a higher pick.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Why would the bar be set even medium?

You guys watch so much. This is where is get confused
Ok medium lol. I was just expecting more against a team that embarrassed us on home ice already. We weren't playing the 80's Oilers tonight

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Howden does more to hurt this team than any of the other rookies. He can't take faceoffs and plays the role of a defensive center that can't play defense and doesn't know how to use his size. He absolutely murders Kakko when they put them together. He is a black hole for offense. A lucky point blank goal doesnt change that.

Reactions: Rongomania

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
While I can accept the rebuild posts, in regard to the defense, I don't like using the "youth" excuse because I'd say Lindgren and Fox have consistently been this team's better defenders in the games I've seen the past few weeks. The culprits are always Trouba, Skjei, Deangelo, and to a lesser extent Hajek. Hajek I'm fine with taking his lumps. The other 3 need to be better.

Lindy Ruff is a terrible coach, but those three players aren't exactly high IQ players, either, which poses some interesting questions moving forward.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Howden does more to hurt this team than any of the other rookies. He can't take faceoffs and plays the role of a defensive center that can't play defense and doesn't know how to use his size. He absolutely murders Kakko when they put them together. He is a black hole for offense. A lucky point blank goal doesnt change that.

This was not on Howden

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
While I can accept the rebuild posts, in regard to the defense, I don't like using the "youth" excuse because I'd say Lindgren and Fox have consistently been this team's better defenders in the games I've seen the past few weeks. The culprits are always Trouba, Skjei, Deangelo, and to a lesser extent Hajek. Hajek I'm fine with taking his lumps. The other 3 need to be better.

Lindy Ruff is a terrible coach, but those three players aren't exactly high IQ players, either, which poses some interesting questions moving forward.

Of the defensive players you mentioned, only Trouba is here for the long run

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
How many times are they going to have a good game and then come out and look like a JV team the next game?

I get that they’re young and it’s them learning but they need to learn how to bring their floor up. not every game is going to be great but you need to bring your floor up to at least average. It can’t be either good or looking like a bunch of middle
Schoolers. Can’t be bipolar like that.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Team is doing a major disservice to Hajek forcing into a top pairing role

Kid is floundering big time

How is giving a player some top line minutes a disservice.

Look I know "ruining a player" is a convinient escape to use when expectations and results don't jive over time, but outside
of horrible injuries l, i've never witnessed a great player get ruined from playing on a bad team or getting hosed for a while

Ever...

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad