GDT: 11/21 Boston Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs 7pm ET NESN, CBC, NHLN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
All depends which bear shows up

d8b3831be2e96543f8d0fa7bc2e0923c.jpg

Ya, no pooh bear.

And if we're going by Care Bears...Grumpy, Champ Care Bear, Do Your Best Bear, maybe Funshine...definitely not Bedtime Bear, DayDream Bear, Tenderheart Bear, or Polite Panda.....Thanks-a-lot Bear can go either way...

List_of_Care_Bear_Chararcters.jpg

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
28 posts on GD morning vs a rival ?
I remember when I was a kid, 40 years ago, they'd be over 8 pages of posts.

Keep it simple, put forth the effort, just win.

The Leafs, IMO, aren`t or haven`t been a true rival of this team in decades IMO. To be that, you have to have a consistent history of playoff hockey and we all know the Leafs history on that front, especially in recent years.

Honestly, feel more of a rivalry when the boys play the Flyers more than the Leafs and of course, there isn`t a rivalry for this Bruins fan which evokes more emotion from this fan than against the Habs

Leafs, for me, don`t even register as a true "rival"

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Ya, no pooh bear.

And if we're going by Care Bears...Grumpy, Champ Care Bear, Do Your Best Bear, maybe Funshine...definitely not Bedtime Bear, DayDream Bear, Tenderheart Bear, or Polite Panda.....Thanks-a-lot Bear can go either way...

List_of_Care_Bear_Chararcters.jpg

I actually own Grumpy Bear, Wish Bear and Bright Heart Racoon (he's a cousin lol)

Now I feel really old.....

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
the tank mentality once ingrained,can be an evil wood tiick that is near impossible to shake.Long live the curse of Ballard and Imlach.

Go B's ! lets have a good garden show.

I think you can trace the beginnings of the Leafs half century of being irrelevant in their dismissing of Bobby Orr because they thought he was to small to play in the NHL.

Wren Blair sold Orr on the concept that he could help make the Bruins great again and Orr bought into that. The Leafs in 1962 thought they would be an elite team forever.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Leafs, IMO, aren`t or haven`t been a true rival of this team in decades IMO. To be that, you have to have a consistent history of playoff hockey and we all know the Leafs history on that front, especially in recent years.

Honestly, feel more of a rivalry when the boys play the Flyers more than the Leafs and of course, there isn`t a rivalry for this Bruins fan which evokes more emotion from this fan than against the Habs

Leafs, for me, don`t even register as a true "rival"

The most telling example is how nobody in Montreal considers Toronto a rival.

The last time the Habs and Leafs met in the playoffs was in 1979 :amazed:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I still have them. The racoon has seen much better days as it's at least 25 yrs old lol

latest

I remember sneaking out of work (MANY years ago) to wait in line to get her a care bear (they were the thing the kids wanted for Christmas and there were no more coming in in time to be under the tree in time).

She had many stuffed animals . Most were given away but her two favorites moved to California with her.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I remember sneaking out of work (MANY years ago) to wait in line to get her a care bear (they were the thing the kids wanted for Christmas and there were no more coming in in time to be under the tree in time).

She had many stuffed animals . Most were given away but her two favorites moved to California with her.
My grandfather did that with cabbage patch kids.

I don't have kids so it seems crazy to me but if I did, I'd be doing the same thing lol.

AprilMayandJune

Feb 26, 2012
I think you can trace the beginnings of the Leafs half century of being irrelevant in their dismissing of Bobby Orr because they thought he was to small to play in the NHL.

Wren Blair sold Orr on the concept that he could help make the Bruins great again and Orr bought into that. The Leafs in 1962 thought they would be an elite team forever.

Mindblowing that the leafs could ignore a talent like Orr right in their back yard.That along with Harold and Punch could have cursed that franchise for eternity.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Mindblowing that the leafs could ignore a talent like Orr right in their back yard.That along with Harold and Punch could have cursed that franchise for eternity.

Keep in mind that Orr played at Maple Leaf Gardens in tournaments and they did not pursue Orr and his family. Very similar to the NY Yankees ignoring Yaz who grew up on Long Island.

In the days of the O6 there was an unwritten law in the NHL that the Habs had first pick on Quebec talent, Toronto had Ontario and the 4 US clubs had the rest of Canada and any Ontario and Quebec talent that was leftover.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Ekkkk I can see why they're bring Max back in but I just don't like it. Id rather have Morrow on the wing than Max on the ice. This will be my first game Live in over a week, please don't let me down Bs!

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Would feel better seeing Gus in net rather than Rask, not confident with him between the pipes.

Tuukka isn't going to get his mojo back unless he is played and gus simply isn't a legit NHL #1 goalie. The only chance this team has is if tuukka can return to top form.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Every time Tuukka plays at least its a nice high scoring game. Not Tuukka 2015 time if 3+ goals are let in.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Ekkkk I can see why they're bring Max back in but I just don't like it. Id rather have Morrow on the wing than Max on the ice. This will be my first game Live in over a week, please don't let me down Bs!

As much as Talbot is reviled around here, this gets out of hand.

Morrow admitted that he wouldn't have a clue how to play forward. Talbot won't light the ice on fire, but at least he's a dependable, experienced vet who probably won't hurt the team. Pretty sure if there weren't so many injuries in Prov they would have called up someone else. But between Talbot and Morrow playing forward, I can't imagine many other coaches choosing Morrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad