GDT: 11/21 Boston Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs 7pm ET NESN, CBC, NHLN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
28 posts on GD morning vs a rival ?
I remember when I was a kid, 40 years ago, they'd be over 8 pages of posts.

Keep it simple, put forth the effort, just win.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am a bit surprised Reimer is in net on back to backs when their game went to SO last night. I guess he will be in until he loses. Babcock is not impressed with Bernier at all.

I wouldn't mind Gus in net against his old team. I really like Reimer and cheer for him when he plays anyone but the Bruins, but I want the ghosts of playoffs past to haunt him tonight and rattle his net.

Come on Bruins!! I want to smile on Monday when I face the office full of Leafs fans!

GO BRUINS!!!

BigBadBruins63*

Currently at work. Hopefully have a nice busy day here at the FD then go home and relax to some B's hockey!

Just win. Any update on a callup or are they going with Joe Morrow on the 4th?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The GDT is going to turn into a giant whine fest with the latest news...

Max Talbot has been recalled from Providence.

I don't like it but both Griff and Czarnik are coming off a concussion and shoulder injury respectively and Ferlin is hurt. Talbot is the only healthy bottom 6 guy down there that can be plugged in seamlessly for a game.

Again, I don't like it but I can't do a damn thing other than be happy I don't have to see Joe Morrow play 4th line RW.

In better news:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
For the record, they never were going with Morrow on the fourth line. That was just a practice thing...with Vatrano (and Pasta) out and the tube of toothpaste being squeezed to the top, there was an empty spot in the fourth line, and we had an extra defenseman, so they figured they'd try having Morrow join the rush as a forward.

I think this is good news that they didn't recall someone yesterday. They're not going to torture Talbot or any call up by having him play 5-in-8, starting from yesterday (in Providence) until Black Friday. It probably means that someone else from Providence gets called up to take the road trip, or that Frankie goes to Toronto.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Talbot has been recalled.

3845122016_patrick_stewart_facepalm_7c7f5_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

But whatever, one game, hopefully.

Leafs played last night, expecting the Bruins to take this one. Plus the Leafs are on a 2 game winning streak, no way that team has a 3 game winning streak, no way. Massive fail of the Bruins lose this one.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
But whatever, one game, hopefully.

Leafs played last night, expecting the Bruins to take this one. Plus the Leafs are on a 2 game winning streak, no way that team has a 3 game winning streak, no way. Massive fail of the Bruins lose this one.

They've won 5 of their last 6. Not pushovers anymore with DadBabClock at the helm

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The view from Hogtown

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...bad-thing-for-rebuilding-maple-leafs-cox.html

It’s the worst-case scenario for some Maple Leaf zealots.

Winning hockey games, that is.

At 6-2-2 in their last 10 games after beating Carolina in a shootout on Friday night, the surprisingly competent Leafs were playing well enough for head coach Mike Babcock to utter the word “playoffs†this week.

Arghhh! This isn’t at all, some would say, what the Leafs need. They need to lose, and lose big, in order to snatch another marvellously talented teen out of the annual batch of hockey prodigies available in the June draft. That’s surely the path out of this wilderness.

Maybe wins could come after that. But not now!

It’s otherwise known as the “Edmonton Approach†— sounds like a Ludlum novel — and if you peek at the standings, sure enough, there are the Oilers again lurking in the shadows, possibly set to snap up another first overall pick.
Consistently horrible is what the Leafs must strive to be, right? Anything else is a miscalculation.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
They've won 5 of their last 6. Not pushovers anymore with DadBabClock at the helm

Look at that, they already have had a 3 game winning streak. Bab's got them playing hard. Reimer killing it too.

Still expecting the Bruins to take this one, mostly based on the Leafs playing last night. Altho, won't be shocked they lose either.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Look at that, they already have had a 3 game winning streak. Bab's got them playing hard. Reimer killing it too.

Still expecting the Bruins to take this one, mostly based on the Leafs playing last night. Altho, won't be shocked they lose either.

All depends which bear shows up

490055-001.jpg

or

d8b3831be2e96543f8d0fa7bc2e0923c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad