Post-Game Talk: 11/20/19 | #19 capitals @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Due to his special teams prowess and Zjad's absence, Strome is becoming the ice time king on the Rangers. His 22 something minutes of ice time tonight was the most among Rangers' forwards by a lot, and his 27:57 against Florida was tied for first with Panarin. The coach says he loves how Strome is playing all over the ice.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Dang it, I had to play hockey tonight so I missed the 2nd and 3rd period. Can anyone help me with what happened between Kreider and Wilson and also Howden who possibly got hit by Ovi or something? Of course the NHL highlights show nothing like that. Heaven forbid.

I did see the beauty tilt between Lemmy and Wilson, considering Lemmy got absolutely crushed between Wilson and Ovi and still got up and fed Wilson - that kids' a beauty.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Great defensive structure against an offensive machine over there. One GA, and it was a PPG.
True. But many pucks beat Henrik. I know it’s not really a thing... but I don’t like all those posts and crossbars.

Last edited:
Reactions: will1066

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
1. Lemieux for punching Wilson in the face.
2. Kreider for pissing off Wilson and leading him to get punched in the face.
3. Panarin for putting us far enough ahead that punching Wilson in the face never threatened our lead.
Wilson is the most sensitive “tough guy” I’ve ever seen. Touch him and he just goes off like little firecracker. Talk about a hair trigger. It’s pretty ironic considering the damage he’s done to young/fringe players careers.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I ****ing hate NBC. I almost didn't want to watch tonight when I found out. And an 8PM start on top of that? **** that ****. Gotta listen to Doc screeching and the rest of the NBC crew barely hiding their disdain for the Rangers every single time. And we play on NBC so often. I hate it.
It’s bizarre too. Why would they dislike the Rangers? But I feel it too. Maybe it’s just millberry? Is Keith Jones still there? I found him to be a bit of a hater too. But him and Emrick at least call it fairly straight.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Pathetic game from a team like the Caps - really careless with the puck, felt like they had dozens of stupid giveaways. They also had comically horrendous coverage on the Buch and Howden goals.

Nice game up and down the lineup for NYR. Every line had some good shifts. Buch and Lemieux were both very good for their lines. Kakko had an excellent first and was pretty good otherwise.
The thing is, every team makes mistakes every game. The good teams take advantage of the opponents mistakes and sometimes it’s up to the goalie to pull a rabbit out. It’s nice seeing the Rangers jumping on errors and getting the bounces. Particularly against the Craps.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Great defensive structure against an offensive machine over there. One GA, and it was a PPG.

I think herein lies the problem.

The players just gets too carried away against most teams. When we face the best team in the league everyone understand how we must play. When we realize how we must play we actually do pretty well. We played our best hockey right after Ziba went down. Why? Of course not because we are a better team without Ziba, but the players realized that we had to be much more conservative without Ziba. Then we did well for a while and we forgot the lessons learned and started a slide that was crowned by the 9-3 loss against Tampa.

It might sound trivial. But its a process. You must learn these things as a group. It sounds like cliches, but yet they repeat themselves when the same conditions apply.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Panarin is just too good. He's honestly been even better than advertised.

Rejoice! Seriously, I would say that he is up there in the top 2-3 in the league right now. And like, I think he is soooooooooo much better than Taylor Hall was for NJ when he was the Hart. Panarin is doing everything. Not just darting into holes capitalizing on openings.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Bread is the best puckhandler/vision/hands guy we have had since prime Jagr before the shoulder injury

IMO, in a way better. Jagr could do more by himself, but he was so high maintenance in relation to what he needed from all other 4 guys on the ice. Panarin is certainly impacting a game at about the same level, of course a little less, but not far from it, and he is like zero maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad