• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
NBC: "Well the capitals hit 3 posts and they were missing Backstrom."

Barely a mention of Zibanejad being out...
I f***ing hate NBC. I almost didn't want to watch tonight when I found out. And an 8PM start on top of that? f*** that shit. Gotta listen to Doc screeching and the rest of the NBC crew barely hiding their disdain for the Rangers every single time. And we play on NBC so often. I hate it.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Pathetic game from a team like the Caps - really careless with the puck, felt like they had dozens of stupid giveaways. They also had comically horrendous coverage on the Buch and Howden goals.

Nice game up and down the lineup for NYR. Every line had some good shifts. Buch and Lemieux were both very good for their lines. Kakko had an excellent first and was pretty good otherwise.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Pathetic game from a team like the Caps - really careless with the puck, felt like they had dozens of stupid giveaways. They also had comically horrendous coverage on the Buch and Howden goals.

Nice game up and down the lineup for NYR. Every line had some good shifts. Buch and Lemieux were both very good for their lines. Kakko had an excellent first and was pretty good otherwise.

They have to cater to Hee-Haw McGillicutty Jr. watching the national game after whatever bullshit he was watching just ended

Ken Lund

Feb 23, 2019
Trouba may not be racking up points right now, but he plays such a steady and calm game.
He may not live up to that huge contract, especially if he loses power play time simply because we have guys who are even better. But he can still be an above average player at a premium poaition.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Howden is still struggling on the PK imo but he had his best night at 5v5 in a while. No surprise there to me after Lias was sent down, that definitely sends a message to Howden as well. Good game from him in the offensive zone tonight. Lots of good forechecking and grinding shifts by him. Nice shot on his goal too. More play like that from him please.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
A post is just a missed shot.

Exactly. I've always laughed at the perception really. It's human nature so I understand but I just think of it this way: if the goalie was on the bench and nobody was in front of the goal, it still wouldn't be a goal. Same result as somebody blasting the puck a few inches wide. That doesn't even go into the fact that the goalie, if playing the angle right, had the whole net covered and the only way to get it past him was to hit the post/shoot wide. The puck didn't "beat the goalie" any more than a shot 3 foot wide.

Eh it's my pet peeve. If the Rangers were lucky cause of the posts then the Caps were equally lucky for the saves on Lemmy right in front and on Chytil on his break away.

Panarin with the CELLY! My gift to the board:
giphy.gif

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I feel like the posts were Lundqvist playing too deep in net...of course he tends to do that but some of those shots should have just been routine saves if he was a bit out instead of ass in the net

Solid game from Howden but even then I'm reminded why he's not striking me as a top 9 player at the moment. He can't forecheck and cycle the puck to save his life at the moment and he needs to do a better job at that in order to be really effective.

Chytil is scoring opportunistically but I think on the other hand he's doing all the right things in the zone in terms of protecting the puck and making pretty good decisions and facilitating more chances etc so points will start to come from that.

Buch was a monster tonight, motivated as hell going up and down the ice. really wanted him to score on that last chance where he just fooled the D like it was nothing.

Solid game from Kakko but I still feel like that line is let down by Howden's inability to forecheck and cycle.

Overall good game. The Caps have been playing pretty wild and loose iirc because they've been able to score their way out of it and tonight they just couldn't. Rangers played them pretty solid and tight.
Also like that the Rangers didn't let the Caps just run around taking pot shots everywhere without paying some kind of price. Lemieux's fight maybe wasn't the greatest timing and I don't know what was up with the PP they got but on the other hand he took Wilson out of the lineup for the rest of the game and was some solid push back on that kind of shenanigans.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
There is a reason they dont count shots that hit the post....because you need to hit the net to score you donkey Milbury. Kept saying a couple inches and it's in, but a couple inches the other way and it misses the net einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->