GDT: 11/20/13 - Minnesota Wild @ Ottawa Senators - 6:30PM CST - FSN, TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Glad to see them pull this one out! Was at work so I missed the game, although I did tape it for when I get home.

Anybody have an opinion on how Zucker looked tonight?

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Good to get the win tonight.

The team looked like it had to shake off something from last night in the first half of the game. I thought Harding looked strong in net again despite the 3 goals that were given up. The 4th line looked good tonight against the opposition, while the 3rd was just ok. The top 2 lines still need to pass better, but they were good. Honestly it looked like as the game went on the Wild got stronger. Koivu came through when he was needed most. It's good to see him charging in and shooting.

Some other stuff:
The officiating was bad tonight. Two weak calls in the 3rd allowed the Sens to tie the game late after getting some momentum. Also, they were allowed to take more liberties than the Wild were throughout the game.

There is no way the Wild were out shot as much as the scoreboard says they were. Crazy statisticians up there I guess.

I gave the decision to Stoner in the fight for landing some big ones early.

Last and most importantly, Danny Heatley is the Duluth Trading Company unsung hero of the night on NHL tonight. :nod:

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I blame Kadri.

It could be that the hit is still in the back of his mind, affecting his focus. I hope it's nothing more than that because if he has a head or neck injury, he should not be out there. It could also be just regular variation often seen with young players.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I only saw bits and pieces of this game, but I felt like the refs were allowing the Sens to get away with an absolutely obnoxious amount of clutching/grabbing/stick hooking/checking/etc. Mostly the stick work. Every time we got a little space the Sens would just be hacking and slowing down our guys. It was borderline ridiculous.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
It could be that the hit is still in the back of his mind, affecting his focus. I hope it's nothing more than that because if he has a head or neck injury, he should not be out there. It could also be just regular variation often seen with young players.

As a hockey player those hits don't really affect you (unless they injure you of course) but as a player you know sometimes you are going to get your bell rung. It comes with playing hockey. It's just natural ups and downs for a young hockey player.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
As a hockey player those hits don't really affect you (unless they injure you of course) but as a player you know sometimes you are going to get your bell rung. It comes with playing hockey. It's just natural ups and downs for a young hockey player.

Granlund has a concussion/neck injury history, I can't say I blame him if he is still a little shaken up. These guys are just human after all. That's all I was saying. I'm sure he is going to be just fine though.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Love the dynamics of this thread. Reading through the first few pages is hilarious. Glad to see Koivu stepping up (let's see how long he can sustain it). Glad to see Brodin breaking back out again. Kid is magical.

As for Granlund, kid has to step up and not worry about those types of hits. That's what derailed Bouchard's career.

OpRedDawn*

I only saw bits and pieces of this game, but I felt like the refs were allowing the Sens to get away with an absolutely obnoxious amount of clutching/grabbing/stick hooking/checking/etc. Mostly the stick work. Every time we got a little space the Sens would just be hacking and slowing down our guys. It was borderline ridiculous.

Along the boards too. If they'd lose a battle, they'd either just cross check our guy down, tackle him, or bearhug him to the ice.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Love the dynamics of this thread. Reading through the first few pages is hilarious. Glad to see Koivu stepping up (let's see how long he can sustain it). Glad to see Brodin breaking back out again. Kid is magical.

As for Granlund, kid has to step up and not worry about those types of hits. That's what derailed Bouchard's career.

Not worried. He's a much more aggressive and tenacious player than PMB ever was.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I'm pretty sure Granlund don't fear the hits. After that beautiful Methot hip check the camera showed Granlund smiling with his teammates on the bench.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
This isn't the first time Granlund has been hit hard. Example:

I think his lip is all ****ed up because of that hit. I think he may be a bit more cautious because I don't think he drives to the net like that anymore. At least I haven't seen him do that for a while. But I doubt he's scared.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Didn't watch much of the first two periods because the wife kept distracting me :laugh: But from what I saw of the third, Koivu was fantastic, and has been for the past couple weeks now. They seem like the opposite of the team from October, where the puck possession isn't as good, but they are getting clutch goals and winning games.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
here is the photo gallery for the game, check out #37, Koivu flying by the bench after his goal.

Dumba looks like a 40 year old dude. Really caught me off guard :laugh:

I find Parise's no flyby policy weird and unnecessary. I mean doesn't it kinda just create unneeded division in the locker room? Its probably not a big thing, but still why bring it out publicly or at all? I could hardly imagine hockey without them, and never before heard someone calling it disrespectful...

WildFinn*

I find Parise's no flyby policy weird and unnecessary. I mean doesn't it kinda just create unneeded division in the locker room? Its probably not a big thing, but still why bring it out publicly or at all? I could hardly imagine hockey without them, and never before heard someone calling it disrespectful...

Old Time Hockey and J.P. Parise could have affect, could even be Fletcher.

I think things like that can be decided by the club and captains if they want to.
The club has the power to regulate many things on and off the ice, that is their right.

Im sure younger you are the more you are usually against any conformity but im in favor of ending the flyby.

Generally we live in times that dont value traditions very much, hockey as a sport is rich in them, they carry value in themselves IMO.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011

Citation please. I believe you and just want to read about this, it is news to me.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
It was an alright game; glad they started to wake up in the second.

WTF was up with all the holding, late hits, and bs interference by the Sens that didn't get called at all?! Then ****ing Heatley gets a hooking call for that?! Geesus... Very one-sided reffing that game, but we pulled out the win.

Koivu has looked pretty good lately! Makes me wonder where a certain whiney poster is hiding... So convenient;)

Poetic justice for Heatley on this one! I loved the look on his face after his goal! In his mind he wanted to give the whole city the finger, and a big grin, you could see it:nod:

Karlsson is a hell of a skater man...

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I think it's more along the lines of moving away from the NFL celebrations, now they aren't as bad as they were a few years ago. I mean, act like you've scored before...

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
It was an alright game; glad they started to wake up in the second.

WTF was up with all the holding, late hits, and bs interference by the Sens that didn't get called at all?! Then ****ing Heatley gets a hooking call for that?! Geesus... Very one-sided reffing that game, but we pulled out the win.

Koivu has looked pretty good lately! Makes me wonder where a certain whiney poster is hiding... So convenient;)

Poetic justice for Heatley on this one! I loved the look on his face after his goal! In his mind he wanted to give the whole city the finger, and a big grin, you could see it:nod:

Karlsson is a hell of a skater man...

No ****! Loved every piece of it! :D

BTW, just realized Suter is wearing a visor now.. Has he done so all season?

I know there have been talks about it being froced on everyone, but Stoner and Konopka still plays without..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad