GDT: 11/20/13 - Minnesota Wild @ Ottawa Senators - 6:30PM CST - FSN, TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Just found out my dad is heading up to Winnipeg for the weekend. He was in South Dakota the past two days on business with a couple of co-workers. They did business (they are electrical engineers) with some clients in South Dakota and a couple of Peggers. They are now heading up to the plant in Winnipeg for meetings Sunday and Monday. They decided to leave Saturday morning because the Peggers handed them tickets to the Wild/Jets game Saturday. I told him to cheer very loudly and taunt the Winnipeg goalie. :laugh:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I'm not referencing when the opposing team has total control and the team is collapsing to keep the play on the perimeter.

I'm talking about when there's a 50-50 puck or the team is gaining possession. There just isn't an urgency to get up the ice. Nor does the defensemen activate in the rush enough (for my liking, anyway).

we're too "structured", is what you're saying? That word has been used an awful lot in interviews with opponent coaches and players but usually as a sign of respect. Guys are loosening up a little more lately IMO and the general sloppiness and some of the goals we're getting are indicative of that. I feel we're down to arguing about HOW we'd like to win instead of what we think would turn us into winners. So overall not depressed.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Just found out my dad is heading up to Winnipeg for the weekend. He was in South Dakota the past two days on business with a couple of co-workers. They did business (they are electrical engineers) with some clients in South Dakota and a couple of Peggers. They are now heading up to the plant in Winnipeg for meetings Sunday and Monday. They decided to leave Saturday morning because the Peggers handed them tickets to the Wild/Jets game Saturday. I told him to cheer very loudly and taunt the Winnipeg goalie. :laugh:
7b9c34e8075ab942bce59a5d641f716b1472009974.png

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN

I was extremely close to buying tickets for that game.

Going to put the money toward an X1 instead. :laugh:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
You mean you haven't gotten a pre-order yet?

You're better off getting the tickets lol, good luck getting an X1 without preorder.

Nah I probably won't be able to actually get one for another few weeks so hopefully they have some in stock by then. Going to the game would just set me back further.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
we're too "structured", is what you're saying? That word has been used an awful lot in interviews with opponent coaches and players but usually as a sign of respect. Guys are loosening up a little more lately IMO and the general sloppiness and some of the goals we're getting are indicative of that. I feel we're down to arguing about HOW we'd like to win instead of what we think would turn us into winners. So overall not depressed.
Just win baby!

OpRedDawn*

I didn't think people were actually going to buy an xbone. I mean, i had a 360 last gen but c'mon

Anywho, about the D activating, it seems like Brodin is the only one who does it properly. You routinely see him come flying out of nowhere and chip the puck back down

I wish Suter was better on the PP as well.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
huh. i think Spurge is the most game for playing aggressive myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad