GDT: 11/2/13 - 7:00PM EDT - St. Louis VS Tampa Bay

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Man... this was a REALLY good team we played tonight, and we outplayed them. That's an awesome feeling.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Man... this was a REALLY good team we played tonight, and we outplayed them. That's an awesome feeling.

Yeah, that's my take too. Best effort of the season, considering the competition. That one should open up some eyes around the league. Look for the Lightning to be inside a lot of top tens in power rankings this week. And what's that? 4-0 vs. the mighty west?

Oh, and Toronto's getting destroyed.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
We always seem to play well against really good teams. Hopefully that stays true because we've got some tough ones coming up. Next 3 are on the road in Detriot and a back-to-back in Boston and Montreal. The oilers game though, forget it lol.

Kusic

Back-to-back Champs!
Jul 4, 2010
Karlovy Vary
twitter.com
What a effort.. this game was our the best I've seen this season. Killorn is totally amazing with Marty and Stammer. Stammer looks like a hockey god.

and yes!.. TWO POINTS!

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
And what's that? 4-0 vs. the mighty west?

Oh, and Toronto's getting destroyed.

5-0 against the West...Chicago x2, LA, Minnesota, and now the Blues.

Also...good for Connolly getting the GWG tonight. In one game, he's already matched his AHL season total in points :sarcasm:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Barberio's getting steadily better now too. I think he's played himself into a real option now, rather than just a guy who gets in for the experience.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Figures. I missed the best game of the year apparently. Any good takeaways?

There was a lot to feel good about. The Lightning controlled the play the majority of the game, despite I think being officially outshot. The Blues were blocking everything. Bishop was great, Killorn had perhaps the best game of his career, and Stamkos honestly looks like he might put himself in the conversation with Crosby if he keeps this up all year. He's been unbelievable.

kisin

Sep 22, 2009
Czech republic
Even though he didn't hit the scoresheet, Hedman played arguably his best game this season (both defensively and offensively). And finally logged some big minutes out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad