GDT: 11/19/19 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ St. Louis

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
So many people are going to be eating crow when this team turns it around. If they don't quote this and ill eat my words.

So much negativity around here.

What crow? Everyone is saying they should be playing better than their current level, if they turn it around it just proves us right. Unless you enjoy watching this type of hockey then go ahead and keep up the rainbows and sunshine.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
What crow? Everyone is saying they should be playing better than their current level, if they turn it around it just proves us right. Unless you enjoy watching this type of hockey then go ahead and keep up the rainbows and sunshine.

What crow? People aren't saying we "SHOULD" be playing better hockey. People are saying the team is trash and we won't win a Stanley cup, we won't even make the playoffs and we should fire and trade everyone.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
What crow? People aren't saying we "SHOULD" be playing better hockey. People are saying the team is trash and we won't win a Stanley cup, we won't even make the playoffs and we should fire and trade everyone.

We won't win the cup...... "playing like this"

We won't make the playoffs....."playing like this"

Do you misunderstand everything?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
So many people are going to be eating crow when this team turns it around. If they don't quote this and ill eat my words.

So much negativity around here.

I understand the negativity but I am also not ready to call quits yet on the team. I think there are several alarming things about this team but I also think at the same time this is still a really good team and I think we forget that and just focus on how this team has finished their seasons in the past. I think why some people have said that "all you need to do is get in" isnt because low seeded teams can win the cup. Its because good teams win the cup and I think this is a good team, even if we make the last playoff spot. A lot of people thought St. Louis was a good team before the season. Many were shocked by their shit start last year. Me included. Then they found their games. The year before the Caps were a team many wrote off the years prior because of how they finished their seasons in the playoffs. The 2 previous cup winners were the Penguins who really didnt have all that great regular seasons the year they won the cup. They got hot when it mattered most. I dont know if this team is going to be one of those teams but I think we have potential to be.

Now Id rather have the team cruise through the regular season but it seems like winning the cup lately doesnt come without some kind of adversity to overcome. There was no adversity last year and I think that played a part in the sweep. I credit more to the fact that we were banged up going in and our star players didnt show up but I think that adversity can really bring a strong team together and I think some people would say this team got complacent last year. This team I think is going through some adversity now and hopefully it brings them closer and they realize some things that help them overcome where they get stuck in the playoffs. Im with you though in thinking this team is capable of getting through it. However, I can see why many would not think this and just think the team is doomed instead. They may be but Ill wait until I see the line on there that we arent going to make the playoffs or the final whistle of the elimination game we are in.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Because they play like crap

Even if they were getting through their games like last year I wouldnt be as entertained as I was last year. As I said in my post earlier, as we crept closer to the playoffs all we heard people ask was how good are they in the playoffs so we needed to answer that question. So when we fell flat on our face after having one of the best years ever in a regular season, I knew this year wouldnt be anywhere close to as exciting. I just want to flash forward to the playoffs. It sucks right now because we might not even be able to see that. I think we find a way though. I think we have had a tough start to the season. Not just because of the schedule but I think many things have played a part. Including the sweep from last year. I think we just need to get back on track. It would also help to get some rhythm going though. Seems like we play one game a week with 3/4 days break at the least in between. The team 100% needs to play better/smarter and with better effort in many of these games too though. I dont think anybody can deny that.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad