GDT: 11/19/19 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ St. Louis

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
As long as we get into the playoffs then all is fine. It doesn't matter at all in my mind whether we are first or eight. Last season we had the "perfect" regular season (start was a bit slow though), where did it take us? If they have to battle through adversity in the regular season and get into the playoffs, then I think we are in for a good run to be honest, it will do this team good.
Your response is simply an overreaction to what happened. Eighth? If we are lucky. Then you're expecting the switch that never comes on to suddenly appear after how many years? I appreciate the optimism but...buddy...are we watching the same team? Hope doesn't win games.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
As long as we get into the playoffs then all is fine. It doesn't matter at all in my mind whether we are first or eight. Last season we had the "perfect" regular season (start was a bit slow though), where did it take us? If they have to battle through adversity in the regular season and get into the playoffs, then I think we are in for a good run to be honest, it will do this team good.

but your not in the playoffs your outside looking in and your almost at thanks giving

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I've only seen about 2 games in their entirety this season and I think that's the way to go. It's gonna be a ****show from start to finish.

Reactions: VinikToWinIt

Letsgobolts21

Apr 19, 2019
They are not a good team right now. The components are there, but it's not producing. I think going away from the uptempo, risk/reward has been a major mistake. It may not work in the playoffs, but whatever adjustments they've made to "work in the playoffs" unfortunately doesn't work for them in the regular season.

And then at the end of the day, their save % stats aren't good enough. It's an extreme oversimplification and not all on the goalie, but Vasi is at .904 and Mc is at .906. That's basically below league average. You can't be successful long term with a save % in that range--unless you are scoring 6 a game.

As others have said--the other part of this-they are not fun to watch. It's entertainment. Losing certainly is in that fun component, but this season once they go down, they seemed to be cooked.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Your response is simply an overreaction to what happened. Eighth? If we are lucky. Then you're expecting the switch that never comes on to suddenly appear after how many years? I appreciate the optimism but...buddy...are we watching the same team? Hope doesn't win games.

but your not in the playoffs your outside looking in and your almost at thanks giving

I think we can agree that they need to improve in order to reach the playoffs in first place, the difference is whether we believe they will do it or not. I fully admit that I'm pretty much always optimistic, but I still think they can get on a run, I wouldn't mind if we finish the regular season strong and go into the playoffs with a momentum, rather than have nothing to play for the last two months. But yeah, still need an improvement to be in the playoff race obviously.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
The Blues showed that they're the champs and we're the pretenders.

Last April's embarrassment was nothing if we miss the playoffs this season. I don't think that'll happen but this team has been the the shits this season aside from a couple of games.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
As others have said--the other part of this-they are not fun to watch. It's entertainment. Losing certainly is in that fun component, but this season once they go down, they seemed to be cooked.

Yeah I'm not going to take what little free time I have to watch this ****.

I had both the Cats and the Bolts games up on my computer. Ended up focusing more on the Cats game. Partly because the Bolts were on NBC and the announcers collectively suck but partly because the Cats were actually more fun to watch. o_O

Along with all the other things Q changed about the Cats is the object given to the player of the game by the guy who won it the previous game. It’s now a shovel to symbolize hard work. Sure, it’s just a token, but...yeah. Different mindset under new coach.

I’ll still go to my half season games and cheer for the Bolts, though I will probably give my ticket away a few more times than usual to friends/family. But it’s just not the same this season. Used to be if we were down, there was always hope that we’d come back. Not so much these days. :(

Reactions: PJ817

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We sucked for majority of last night. No real excuse for it since they had time off. St. Louis is a real good team but theyve been having a tough start to the season too. I think I heard them say that they had lost the last 3 before last nights game? I knew it would be a tough game but was surprised we held in there. Vasi was good for the most part and so was their goalie when we had some push early on. I think St. Louis just wanted it a lot more than we did. Desperate for a win. We should be desperate for wins too which makes this game disappointing to me. Also besides Vasi, which one of our big stars showed up yesterday?? Its like the playoffs again. When we play these kind of teams its like our stars nope out. Frustrating.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Desperate for wins in November? Nahh last night's game was about seeing who could save more legs for April, looks like we won.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I remember when I used to plan around Lightning games. Now.... Ehhh.

The last couple of games I saw in person, even if it was a good game, my experience wasn’t as intense as usual. I took my time getting to my Terrace level seat after warm ups. Actually walked around and checked out the new concessions at Amalie Arena during intermissions without fixating over missing the first five to ten minutes of the next period, etc.

Felt kinda weird. o_O

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
with Kuch's potential "injury" the "excuse factor" just multiplied by 100

I said in April 2019, the playoff teams for 2020 will NOT include the Bolts

nothing has changed my mind, in fact, my op keeps getting consolidated into cement

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The last couple of games I saw in person, even if it was a good game, my experience wasn’t as intense as usual. I took my time getting to my Terrace level seat after warm ups. Actually walked around and checked out the new concessions at Amalie Arena during intermissions without fixating over missing the first five to ten minutes of the next period, etc.

Felt kinda weird. o_O

I think the sweep has effected our fan base big time. Regular season feels like a scam after last season. Games arent as fun to watch this year..

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
with Kuch's potential "injury" the "excuse factor" just multiplied by 100

I said in April 2019, the playoff teams for 2020 will NOT include the Bolts

nothing has changed my mind, in fact, my op keeps getting consolidated into cement

We had injuries last year and overcame them. I think sometimes when big injuries happen it either crushes the team or it motivates the team to play harder. Hopefully the latter is the case here.

Reactions: LoSTRaMaiR

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I think the sweep has effected our fan base big time. Regular season feels like a scam after last season. Games arent as fun to watch this year..

Eh speak for yourself, when the teams playing to their talent level the games are fun. When they look like trash, the games aren't as entertaining. It has nothing to do with regular season or last year's sweep. The only difference between enjoyment is that last year we played at a high level the majority of the season, this year we're playing like an inconsistent bubble team.

That's like saying nobody here enjoyed watching the 9-3 thrashing of the Rangers.......

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Eh speak for yourself, when the teams playing to their talent level the games are fun. When they look like trash, the games aren't as entertaining. It has nothing to do with regular season or last year's sweep. The only difference between enjoyment is that last year we played at a high level the majority of the season, this year we're playing like an inconsistent bubble team.

That's like saying nobody here enjoyed watching the 9-3 thrashing of the Rangers.......

I enjoyed some of the games. Majority of them have been snooze fests..

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
No, games aren't as fun to watch this year because contrary to last season we are playing a boring, non working system that doesn't play to our strenghts.

Yea thats definitley true. However what I mean is that the regular season has lost some of its flavor after the sweep. At least for me it has. Its not quite the same but the end of the year felt similar as I was just wanting to see how the team would do in the playoffs since every night we would win and you had to look to find something to complain about during this stretch. It got boring. Just bring on the playoffs I would say. This year after the sweep, feels even more so like this. I just want to see the team redeem itself in the playoffs. These regular season games get boring for me real easy. The way they are playing doesnt help.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Yeah I'm not going to take what little free time I have to watch this ****.
Didn't you watch all the games during the OK era?

Might be confusing you for someone else. I feel like I could watch anything after seeing pretty much every game of those years. Then again you probably weren't a lawyer back then, like I assume you still are

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Didn't you watch all the games during the OK era?

Might be confusing you for someone else. I feel like I could watch anything after seeing pretty much every game of those years. Then again you probably weren't a lawyer back then, like I assume you still are
Yeah my free time has gone from nigh infinite to nigh non-existent.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3