GDT: 11/19/19 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ St. Louis

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
I had two screens up for Cats & Bolts.

Q is at Cats

Cats are doing well.

Bolts are not doing well (24th of 31 teams).

Bolts have a LOT of talent

Bolts have Coop.

Cats have less talent.

Cats are 7th of 31 teams, and in 2nd place of Atlantic.

Logic indicates that perhaps it isn't talent alone, it's coaching. (Also, Trotz's really mistalented team is tied for 2nd place, league wide with games to give)

As elsewhere stated, I cheer for the Bolts, but the games are ... meh. I'd rather watch paint dry, at least it cares about drying.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Don't get me wrong, I am confident that we're going to get rolling eventually but not until we figure out how we're going to play and we are playing that way consistently. This d*ckhead coach wants to make us play like the Blues or Blue Jackets... guess what knucklehead? We are NOT the Blues or the Blue Jackets. Our skill sets are completely different and you are acting like a jackass trying to figure out how to use the talent we have in a way to keep you from getting embarrassed in the playoffs again. At this rate, we ain't making the playoffs.

Let's play a methodical, possession type of game, cycling down low and wearing out the opponents. Well, that only works if you can maintain possession of the puck. We've proven, over and over again, we cannot do that. We spend 3/4ths of the game chasing after the damned puck... I am sick of watching that.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Man f*** this team, so sick and tired of this. I don’t care how many games in hand we have we are f***ed. And JBB will continue to sit on his hands while cooper wastes this year away.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Well I said I would give Cooper till mid November. If the team was still on the outside looking in ( I know about games in hand) then he's got to go.

He's got to go.

Reactions: DaBolts

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Well I said I would give Cooper till mid November. If the team was still on the outside looking in ( I know about games in hand) then he's got to go.

He's got to go.

Everythings fine. We're still in extended pre-season, give him till February when the games actually matter.

Reactions: Fudge

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

He's got to go.

Basically everything we did on the 3 game winning streak was worthless because if we lose to the Black Hawks then we are in the same situation as before again

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Hmmmm

EJyjEpzUYAAsunY

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
To complete your chart...The "9 years" coach winner is Scotty Bowman who has won also few years earlier...
The "7 years" coach winner is Quenneville...and also Coach Q has won before that date.

Btw I don't know if this chart makes sense or not. Because, in that case, the teams have to change the coach every year, to increase the % of winning. And that's a no-sense thing, imho.
But, for sure, it's an interesting chart.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
To complete your chart...The "9 years" coach winner is Scotty Bowman who has won also few years earlier...
The "7 years" coach winner is Quenneville...and also Coach Q has won before that date.

Btw I don't know if this chart makes sense or not. Because, in that case, the teams have to change the coach every year, to increase the % of winning. And that's a no-sense thing, imho.
But, for sure, it's an interesting chart.
I just saw it posted online and it made me think.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

The coaches who won in 6/7 and 8/9 are Quinnville and Bowman who both won their 3rd cups with the same team in that slot. The 2 coaches who won at 4/5 are also Bowman and Quinnville who won their 1st/2nd cups with those same teams as well. Pretty staggering that every Stanley Cup winning head coach sans 1 in the past 20 years have done it with their first 4 years with their teams but in reality it just illustrates what we already know - coaches have short shelf lives.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Blues were flat out better, a complete game from them and it felt that after our goal we went to defense mode and yeah, that's not what work for us.

Thought Cirelli and 4th line was good.

Point has been underwhelming this season, and Tyler Johnson could go to Seattle for all I care.

This game showed that we are not ready to beat solid teams in the playoffs

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Blues were flat out better, a complete game from them and it felt that after our goal we went to defense mode and yeah, that's not what work for us.

Thought Cirelli and 4th line was good.

Point has been underwhelming this season, and Tyler Johnson could go to Seattle for all I care.

This game showed that we are not ready to beat solid teams in the playoffs

this game showed me we won't be making the playoffs unless the east is dreadful this season

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
And this is arguably the hardest year for the Bolts because of the off season acquisitions by other teams in the East.

Yep Florida got a lot better over took us I saw that one coming and Boston is still Boston. Toronto I think will turn it around at some point I think those will be your top 3 in the division. Montreal I think will fall out but will probably compete for the wild card and so will buffalo! I think we will be fighting for that wild card spot but will probably just stay in the 9 to 1th ranked range the whole season. I thought they finally turn the corner but these last two games we went right back to where we were at.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Don't get me wrong, I am confident that we're going to get rolling eventually but not until we figure out how we're going to play and we are playing that way consistently. This d*ckhead coach wants to make us play like the Blues or Blue Jackets... guess what knucklehead? We are NOT the Blues or the Blue Jackets. Our skill sets are completely different and you are acting like a jackass trying to figure out how to use the talent we have in a way to keep you from getting embarrassed in the playoffs again. At this rate, we ain't making the playoffs.

Let's play a methodical, possession type of game, cycling down low and wearing out the opponents. Well, that only works if you can maintain possession of the puck. We've proven, over and over again, we cannot do that. We spend 3/4ths of the game chasing after the damned puck... I am sick of watching that.

We are a run and gun team score on odd man rushes and cash in on the power play that's how we did it last year also we had awesome goaltending last year that's the way we have to win! if cooper doesn't do that style we won't win. I agree We can't posses the puck! we can't cycle down low and man the blues absolutely crushed us in the neutral zone. All we could do was try and dump and chase they had a neutral zone defense built like a brick wall!

Reactions: Richard Cranium

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Man **** this team, so sick and tired of this. I don’t care how many games in hand we have we are ****ed. And JBB will continue to sit on his hands while cooper wastes this year away.

this is a bad product to watch right now what a waste with the talent we have we should not be this bad! ya I wasn't expected a Stanley cup this year but I expected to make the playoffs at least!

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
As long as we get into the playoffs then all is fine. It doesn't matter at all in my mind whether we are first or eight. Last season we had the "perfect" regular season (start was a bit slow though), where did it take us? If they have to battle through adversity in the regular season and get into the playoffs, then I think we are in for a good run to be honest, it will do this team good.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->